Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WebConn

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by WebConn »

12 is also a strange number for a tournament, I guess the finals will be a triple threat.

Also I kinda hope they tape this and air it on TV or atleast put it on YouTube.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH should bring in Shark Boy for it.
AmericanDestroyer

Post by AmericanDestroyer »

I have to agree. [cornette]
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rey Mysterio is going to be there.

Come on Koff/Delirious, sign that man.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Great. Now I'm gonna be really disappointed when they don't announce Shark Boy for it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well, if you want Shark Boy then do something about it. Tweet Jericho/ROH/Delirous about it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Surprised no one's mentioned this from the press release:

"Ring of Honor Wrestling will also unveil an exclusive “Sea of Honor” tournament featuring 12 wrestlers battling to the finish in a pool deck wrestling ring."

So we could potentially be seeing something we haven't seen since WCW was alive:

SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Stop the ship and do an over-the-top of the guardrail boat-le royale! At the very least, someone needs to get superkicked over the edge.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

SandsShifter wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm Stop the ship and do an over-the-top of the guardrail boat-le royale!

OMG I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN SOOOOOOOO BADLY!
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 am Well, if you want Shark Boy then do something about it. Tweet Jericho/ROH/Delirous about it.
I already did and suggested they ask Dalton Castle how to get ahold of Ashley Remington.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Shark Boy I could actually see. I doubt that dude would say no to a booking.

Ashley Remington is to Dalton as DDS Issac Yankem was to Kane. But I was never too into CHIKARA so, eh.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Yeah but it's a nautical gimmick and they are on a boat. If there was ever a time to bust the gimmick out. It's ok to let loose and have fun and not take ROH so serious.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

When Gabe realize that having a relationship with WWE doesnt make his promotion as popular as he thought (vía Gabe's twitter):

"Mad at Chris Jericho for not booking EVOLVE on his cruise, but I have to prepare for Halloween that weekend anyway"

"I don't want to go on a cruise, anyway"
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Ashley Remington is to Dalton as DDS Issac Yankem was to Kane. But I was never too into CHIKARA so, eh.
You're not wrong, but if someone was booking a "Tournament of Doctors," wouldn't you want to see Yankem in there?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Yhey should put ill tempered sea bass with freaking laser beams attached to their freaking heads in the pool.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Page should hang somebody off the ship rail.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Fred Ottoman should appear as Tugboat for it.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Maybe it’s merely 2017 and I have no chill left, but this smacks of WCW-ism (as TYFDK alluded to) and of ROH’s suspicious ‘venue’ liaising. (Soon venue will just be a misleading term, and we’ll have to resort to calling these locations as stage select courses.) Shilly Jericho and halfway-loosened-tie Sinclair just isn’t my scene. Keep Shark Boy, Paul Burchill, and Hydra out of it. Let those guys work dates where they’re not trapped for two weeks for doing only one show.

This is also taking place in October 2018. It’s 400 days away.
The Dragon Saga

I think it's a bit of fun and probably won't be in canon other than it being a way for ROH to get some limited exposure.

Not to mention, this might be a way to get Chris Jericho, if only for a promo, in an ROH ring. That itself would be worth the entire venture which if ROH gets paid for and all, why not do it? They could do an Unauthorized show if they want and take the piss a bit.

And I laughed at those tweets from Gabe. That guy is legitimately one of the most bitter human beings in existence. The dudes head is so far up his ass he could probably clear his throat using his ears. It's more a sad funny than a legitimate funny. To restate, EVOLVE might be WWE's little feeder development indie promotion, but that's also all It'll ever be.
The Dragon Saga

Had a look at Colt Cabana's bookings section on his website and thankfully he is booked for every show from now until the end of the year, except for the Mount Pleasant, MI show.

This makes me very happy as I enjoy he and Ian's commentary, I actually would say their IMO the best duo right now, but I loathe Ian and Whitmer. Kevin Kelly was able to carry Whitmer, but BJ struggles with Ian.