Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Austin Aries returning would be fucking awesome.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wasn't his last appearance with ROH in Vegas?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am
Wasn't his last appearance with ROH in Vegas?
Yes, he took part in a 6 Man Tag main event match in 2015.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'll still hold out hope.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 pm Image

Considering that they're in Las Vegas, I think Kenny King has a strong chance of taking the title off KUSHIDA here.
I'd be all for this. Kenny has been the most criminally underused talent in wrestling for about five years now.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:12 pm
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 pm Image

Considering that they're in Las Vegas, I think Kenny King has a strong chance of taking the title off KUSHIDA here.
I'd be all for this. Kenny has been the most criminally underused talent in wrestling for about five years now.
Totally agree with this. I really think if they give this enough time, this could be a really good match at getting Kenny over as a face...which the roster desperately needs at the moment.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If Kenny King wins it I want to see him have a feud with Rhett Titus for it. Can allude to Kenny costing him his only title he's ever held in ROH when he bailed in 2012 when they were tag team champions so he wants to take that title from him as a means to get even. A feud five years in the making. I know a lot of you don't care for Rhett but it's a feud that would make sense. I actuallly like Rhett myself and think he's got the looks of a star. ROH needs to figure out how to present him as such.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:20 am If Kenny King wins it I want to see him have a feud with Rhett Titus for it. Can allude to Kenny costing him his only title he's ever held in ROH when he bailed in 2012 when they were tag team champions so he wants to take that title from him as a means to get even. A feud five years in the making. I know a lot of you don't care for Rhett but it's a feud that would make sense. I actuallly like Rhett myself and think he's got the looks of a star. ROH needs to figure out how to present him as such.
This actually makes sense. The caveat is though, is Delirious has Titus hanging around Ferrera and Cheeseburger. Ditch those two from the equation and you can have a very authentic feud. Titus needs to be solo or at the very least have Austin Aries in his ear to make it work.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 am
dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:20 am If Kenny King wins it I want to see him have a feud with Rhett Titus for it. Can allude to Kenny costing him his only title he's ever held in ROH when he bailed in 2012 when they were tag team champions so he wants to take that title from him as a means to get even. A feud five years in the making. I know a lot of you don't care for Rhett but it's a feud that would make sense. I actuallly like Rhett myself and think he's got the looks of a star. ROH needs to figure out how to present him as such.
This actually makes sense. The caveat is though, is Delirious has Titus hanging around Ferrera and Cheeseburger. Ditch those two from the equation and you can have a very authentic feud. Titus needs to be solo or at the very least have Austin Aries in his ear to make it work.
I like that idea with Aries.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 am
Just have the feud when the Cheeseburger feud ends. If Ferrara and Titus are going to a unit going forward, I'd prefer them to still have singles matches, ala Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser. King vs. Titus at Final Battle, mayhaps, or at least one of the shows in November, and then maybe Final Battle can be a 4CS of sorts for the TV title.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

It's official: Bully/Briscoes vs The Kingdom, with the winner facing Bullet Club later on the show:

ALREADY SIGNED
MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD CHAMPION “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY vs. NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPION MINORU SUZUKI

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION KUSHIDA vs. KENNY KING

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ADAM PAGE & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS vs. THE WINNER OF THE KINGDOM vs. BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES

WINNER RECEIVES ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM TITLE SHOT LATER THAT NIGHT
THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O’RYAN, & VINNY MARSEGLIA) vs. BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES[/img]
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Btw, Dalton isn't announced for the PPV. Maybe he's getting some holidays? Idk, I understand why they didn't use him in Atlanta, but if you want to build him as the next top face, he needs matches and all of that, not just a post-match attack at DBD.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

The thought of having to sit through two Kingdom matches is nauseating.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:12 am Btw, Dalton isn't announced for the PPV. Maybe he's getting some holidays? Idk, I understand why they didn't use him in Atlanta, but if you want to build him as the next top face, he needs matches and all of that, not just a post-match attack at DBD.
Perhaps Gedo eventually whispers into Delirious’s ear that Castle should obviously wrestle Scurll before moving on to Cody.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:12 am Btw, Dalton isn't announced for the PPV. Maybe he's getting some holidays? Idk, I understand why they didn't use him in Atlanta, but if you want to build him as the next top face, he needs matches and all of that, not just a post-match attack at DBD.
Perhaps Gedo eventually whispers into Delirious’s ear that Castle should obviously wrestle Scurll before moving on to Cody.
That could be a very good match, they had a good ***1/2 match last year when Scurll debuted in Liverpool. It's funny to see Marty in the middle of nowhere. At the beginning of the year, he looked great with his title reign and I thought he would eventually become the top heel in BC and, probably, going for the World Title at FB. And now, yeah, even Hangman Page is more relevant now.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I believe Dalton is legitimately injured and has been for some time and is being given some time off.

I think it's for the better. Had they done Castle/Cody here I think it would have been a waste. Castle returning at the Vegas TV taping to confront Cody and set-up a title match for either Global Wars, if Chicago becomes a PPV as expected, or start building for Final Battle is better for both. Rhodes gets some length of his reign and hopefully ROH ends the year with a new fresh face on top who was built in-house and everyone loves.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I hope they've learned about moving the World title from a Bullet Club member in NYC after last year, where Cole was a God in that building.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oficial: Silas-Lethal in a Last Man Standing for the last match of their feud.

I'm really excited for this one! Hope they give them them enough time to make this a great feud-end match (that have proven that they can work 20-30 minutes on VODs shows). And, since it's a LMS, I think Silas could get a Victory here.

Btw, how many LMS have been in ROH history? I cam only remember Silas-ACH, Cabana-Steen and Generico-Steen.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Steen and Jay Briscoe had a "Lights Out" match that I think was just a LMS with a different name at DVD V Night Two in 2007.