Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

Post by King of Indy Style »

Holy shit, that's AWESOME!!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Oh boy, how completely uninteresting.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Since Cody is heel or face depending the city he's wrestling in, it would be funny if they boo him in Las Vegas. Suzuki is THE heel, so they would work under Cody's super-babyface fórmula.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thelone wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:55 am Oh boy, how completely uninteresting.
Really? This is going to be one of the most unpredictable and bigger ROH World Title matches in ROH's recent history. I mean, it's Minoru f'n Suzuki wrestling in USA for the very first time in the USA in a ROH PPV main event.

On one hand, I think Cody could win and then, lose the title to Castle at Final Battle. NJPW destroyed ROH at the G1 Special with that champion vs champion match between Okada and Cody, and, maybe, NJPW wants to return the favour allowing the ROH champion to beat on of their bigger wrestlers.

On the other hand, it's Suzuki and I don't think NJPW will bring him to USA for the very first time to make him lose clean. Maybe, Suzuki could win the title and he and Suzuki-Gun could dominate ROH just like they did in NOAH during the past two years. Suzuki could beat Cody and then, just like the did with Morishima, have a big title reign destroying every ROH superstar. That would elevate ROH and would make the man that defeats him a star. Maybe Danielson, if he returns, or Castle, at the Anniversary or BITW 2018, could take the belt from him.

I don't know what could happen. But since NJPW has a lot of talent and they don't have big plans for Suzuki, I wouldn't see it crazy if ROH give him the World Title. Plus, Suzuki will probably lose the NEVER title with Elgin at the Destruction tour. Either way, this would be big. Because, 1, a ROH World Champ will defeat a big star like Minoru, or 2, SUZUKI could be ROH World champ. It will be a big match. You cannot say its uninteresting having Suzuki wrestling in the USA, IMO.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Or Cody wins because of Bullet Club winning the interference battle over Suzuki-Gun. #Nitro1998Booking
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:22 pmReally? This is going to be one of the most unpredictable and bigger ROH World Title matches in ROH's recent history. I mean, it's Minoru f'n Suzuki wrestling in USA for the very first time in the USA in a ROH PPV main event.

On one hand, I think Cody could win and then, lose the title to Castle at Final Battle. NJPW destroyed ROH at the G1 Special with that champion vs champion match between Okada and Cody, and, maybe, NJPW wants to return the favour allowing the ROH champion to beat on of their bigger wrestlers.

On the other hand, it's Suzuki and I don't think NJPW will bring him to USA for the very first time to make him lose clean. Maybe, Suzuki could win the title and he and Suzuki-Gun could dominate ROH just like they did in NOAH during the past two years. Suzuki could beat Cody and then, just like the did with Morishima, have a big title reign destroying every ROH superstar. That would elevate ROH and would make the man that defeats him a star. Maybe Danielson, if he returns, or Castle, at the Anniversary or BITW 2018, could take the belt from him.

I don't know what could happen. But since NJPW has a lot of talent and they don't have big plans for Suzuki, I wouldn't see it crazy if ROH give him the World Title. Plus, Suzuki will probably lose the NEVER title with Elgin at the Destruction tour. Either way, this would be big. Because, 1, a ROH World Champ will defeat a big star like Minoru, or 2, SUZUKI could be ROH World champ. It will be a big match. You cannot say its uninteresting having Suzuki wrestling in the USA, IMO.
So basically, either NJPW is "returning the favor" by jobbing a 50yo guy they have no plans for, or have said 50yo guy win the belt because ROH is just NJPW's dump I suppose.

[Insert Gedo's maniacal laugh here]
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thelone wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:13 pm
AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:22 pmReally? This is going to be one of the most unpredictable and bigger ROH World Title matches in ROH's recent history. I mean, it's Minoru f'n Suzuki wrestling in USA for the very first time in the USA in a ROH PPV main event.

So basically, either NJPW is "returning the favor" by jobbing a 50yo guy they have no plans for, or have said 50yo guy win the belt because ROH is just NJPW's dump I suppose.

Oh god, you are talking about Suzuki like he is Nakanishi or something like that -_-
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree with Thelone to an extent. I'm all in for bringing Suzuki in... but for a main event? He's 50 fucking years old! Suzuki can't hang in the ring with guys like Kenny Omega and Cody is not the guy he should be in the ring with. A safe match for Suzuki would be either Silas Young or Punishment Martinez. Two guys who the rub of beating Suzuki would be good for on a surface level. Suzuki is just too fucking old to be going over some guys and is completely unworthy of being in the main event.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I'm guessing that Cody gets a negative reaction in Vegas. With Suzuki there, the crowd will be a lot of people from California there to see him specifically. So they will really cheer Suzuki I'm guessing and Cody will get some cheers from the normie/WWE fans, but not as much as Suzuki
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

You guys saying he's too old are out of your minds. He just did great stuff at the G1. And he's been great all year. Cody is easy for someone to work with, he's like a WWE guy. Christopher Daniels was just the freakin champion, and I'm telling you right now Suzuki in 2017 is better than Christopher Daniels. He will have no problem having a good match with Cody.

Also intriguing to me is how crazy is Suzuki going to get. ROH's main event scene is so damn bland sometimes, it's about time there's somebody like Suzuki in it. You know ROH used to have Necro Butcher on the roster, right? The company didn't used to be allergic to exciting things.

With an incredible G1 performance, there's no question to me that Suzuki has earned this shot and I'm definitely looking forward to it. This card already is looking very interesting. Looking forward to more stuff as it gets announced
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:14 am You guys saying he's too old are out of your minds. He just did great stuff at the G1. And he's been great all year. Cody is easy for someone to work with, he's like a WWE guy. Christopher Daniels was just the freakin champion, and I'm telling you right now Suzuki in 2017 is better than Christopher Daniels. He will have no problem having a good match with Cody.

Also intriguing to me is how crazy is Suzuki going to get. ROH's main event scene is so damn bland sometimes, it's about time there's somebody like Suzuki in it. You know ROH used to have Necro Butcher on the roster, right? The company didn't used to be allergic to exciting things.

With an incredible G1 performance, there's no question to me that Suzuki has earned this shot and I'm definitely looking forward to it. This card already is looking very interesting. Looking forward to more stuff as it gets announced
Necro Butcher didn't give a flying fuck about his body and didn't hesitate to put guys over. Suzuki no sells and can't work with some younger high flying guys. While I was pushing for a limited Daniels run as world champion, by no means I am looking forward to 2 world title runs by geriatric wrestlers in a calendar year. Sorry. Besides...SBG has sterilized the antics of someone like Necro Butcher or Suzuki so that the unhinged aspects of their characters are completely erased. Don't believe me? Look at Naito. In NJPW, he spits on the fans and beats the shit out of Red Shoes, but man, when used in ROH that guy doesn't exist.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 am He's 50 fucking years old! Suzuki can't hang in the ring with guys like Kenny Omega
Good god what an awful take.

(unless you're trolling, of course)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SteenMark23 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:27 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 am He's 50 fucking years old! Suzuki can't hang in the ring with guys like Kenny Omega
Good god what an awful take.

(unless you're trolling, of course)
I am not trolling. In the G1 Tournament when Omega tried a reverse Frankensteiner, Suzuki couldn't even get his feet off the mat and Omega had to sell it like his knee gave out. Have some substance behind your retort next time instead of the fucking weak trolling comeback.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

That would be pretty interesting if he did win. It sure is convenient that he's supposed to be on all those October shows already. Would be an interesting dynamic to watch ROH top guys on those Global Wars shows take turns trying to take the belt back from him. But honestly, I don't expect him to win. We'll see what happens.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

On this new ROH tv episode, there's video packages for both Suzuki vs Cody and Kushida vs Kenny King.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 pmOh god, you are talking about Suzuki like he is Nakanishi or something like that -_-
Suzuki is an aging midcarder and the leader of a fourth-tier faction at this point. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Cody Rhodes, but him losing the belt to Suzuki would be a complete burial of the ROH title and the company in general. If you really want to use a New Japan guy as a foreigner holding the belt, do it with Sanada. He's a young guy on the rise who can go in the ring, but not featured enough that he wouldn't be able to eat a well-built clean pin.

As for Suzuki, throw him against young guys he can manhandle and/or have him job to Castle in a match where he knows his wacky antics won't work and thus he must take it very seriously. That could be the start of building him up for a world title reign down the line with less to no comedy during matches.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Thelone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:58 am
AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 pmOh god, you are talking about Suzuki like he is Nakanishi or something like that -_-
Suzuki is an aging midcarder and the leader of a fourth-tier faction at this point. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Cody Rhodes, but him losing the belt to Suzuki would be a complete burial of the ROH title and the company in general. If you really want to use a New Japan guy as a foreigner holding the belt, do it with Sanada. He's a young guy on the rise who can go in the ring, but not featured enough that he wouldn't be able to eat a well-built clean pin.

Idk, I think the title was already buried when Cody got it. I just don't see the title or the company's stock as being hurt by this at all. It's a clash between two big entities, a very interesting match. In the growing GLOBAL world of wrestling, Suzuki's stock is a LOT higher than some of you guys think. To me, anything where he's involved in the ROH main event scene is a good look. Remember last year when the Vegas card didn't have New Japan guys on it and we all had to get excited for Christopher Daniels winning the title lol (I kid, I actually was excited, but, you know). But get this, instead of watching an all-ROH card this year, we get the freakin WILDCARD of MINORU freakin SUZUKI!

I don't know. To me, it's a positive thing for all involved.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

It's Suzuki...not like it's fucking Toru Yano or Boner Soldier/Cpt. New Japan.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thelone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:58 am

As for Suzuki, throw him against young guys he can manhandle and/or have him job to Castle in a match where he knows his wacky antics won't work and thus he must take it very seriously. That could be the start of building him up for a world title reign down the line with less to no comedy during matches.

C'mon! He's a fucking legend! I'm done with you. I can imagine you back in the mid 2000 saying, oh, these Marufujis, Morishimas, Yoshinos, KENTAs or Kabashis are just a bunch of midcarders. Saying that it would be a better move to give SANADA the title than MiSu makes no sense. But hey, as always, you always talk about wrestling you don't see, so I won't waste more of my time answering your pure hate/nonsensical posts.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is a good main event...a BIG match for cody.