War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

Post by dhads7161 »

Possibility of ZSJ appearing on these cards? This tour is supposed to be in part with RPW, he is the British HW champion. Put the Gabe politics aside and get him on these shows.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:41 am Possibility of ZSJ appearing on these cards? This tour is supposed to be in part with RPW, he is the British HW champion. Put the Gabe politics aside and get him on these shows.
There's really no politics here, North American promoters are permmisive with their talents when they wrestle in Europe. So I think there's a good chance of see ZSJ on the tour, at least in London. He'll face Chris Brooks the night before at the York Hall.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I just want to see him in ROH. We got Ospreay and Scurll, we need Sabre at least once.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i dont think that is possible because of evolve...i hope im wrong.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Not knowing the particulars, I would guess it comes down to the booking and opponents. I don't see why ZSJ would sign a contract giving EVOLVE control over his UK bookings, but he won't want to make EVOLVE look bad either. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see ZSJ on these shows against Japanese or British wrestlers or in a triple threat, six man tag, etc. where he doesn't have to take a fall.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

He can be on these shows an use the excuse to Gabe that he works for RPW and New Japan
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

If Zack does appear at the show, it doesn't seem likely that he'll be in a cross-promotional singles match.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I refuse to get my hopes up for a ZSJ appearance. I just don't think it's gonna happen.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I don't have high hopes just think it would fit on this tour. And ypu know even if he were to wrestle a singles interprinterpromotionalhe wouldn't even have to lose. He can wrestle Lethal, Silas, or Dalton and beat them and they lose nothing if the match is competitive.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so rpw book bully ray the day before the tour...maybe there is a chance for zsj or another british wrestler to debut for roh.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oh my god, two of my less favourite wrestlers alive, face to face! I've found my piss break match hahah.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

this is “General ROH Discussion” or i am wrong?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

CMLL has announced that Atlantis is injured and he won't be able to make it to the tour. ROH will choose his replacement.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

RUSH OR HECHICERO OR MAYBE DRAGON LEE.
COME ON ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

CMLL's Titan will make his ROH debut at WOTW UK:

Due to an injury sustained this week, Atlantis will be unable to compete at the historic War of the Worlds UK Tour. Atlantis was to make his ROH debut in the history-making three night tour when the stars of ROH, CMLL, NJPW, and RPW did battle with and against one another.

In an effort to provide a suitable replacement, officials from ROH and CMLL have selected Titan to participate in the tour! At just 26, Titan is in his tenth year as a professional wrestler and he will make his ROH debut on the War of the Worlds UK Tour! Titan has an extensive championship pedigree, including having held the prestigious Mexican National Welterweight Championship. Titan is known across the globe for participating in events like Fantastica Mania for New Japan Pro Wrestling and competing in the Best of Super Juniors 2013 against stars familiar to ROH fans like Alex Shelley, Beretta, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rocky Romero, Prince Devitt, and Hiromu Takahashi!

Titan was most recently seen in the United States, picking up the win in 10-man tag team action with Dragon Lee, Jay White, Juice Robinson, and Volador Jr. against Los Ingobernables de Japon at NJPW G1 Special in USA, Night 2! Coming off a big win, Titan replaces Atlantis on the historic War of the Worlds UK in what is believed to be his first appearance in the UK!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm CMLL's Titan will make his ROH debut at WOTW UK:

Due to an injury sustained this week, Atlantis will be unable to compete at the historic War of the Worlds UK Tour. Atlantis was to make his ROH debut in the history-making three night tour when the stars of ROH, CMLL, NJPW, and RPW did battle with and against one another.

In an effort to provide a suitable replacement, officials from ROH and CMLL have selected Titan to participate in the tour! At just 26, Titan is in his tenth year as a professional wrestler and he will make his ROH debut on the War of the Worlds UK Tour! Titan has an extensive championship pedigree, including having held the prestigious Mexican National Welterweight Championship. Titan is known across the globe for participating in events like Fantastica Mania for New Japan Pro Wrestling and competing in the Best of Super Juniors 2013 against stars familiar to ROH fans like Alex Shelley, Beretta, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rocky Romero, Prince Devitt, and Hiromu Takahashi!

Titan was most recently seen in the United States, picking up the win in 10-man tag team action with Dragon Lee, Jay White, Juice Robinson, and Volador Jr. against Los Ingobernables de Japon at NJPW G1 Special in USA, Night 2! Coming off a big win, Titan replaces Atlantis on the historic War of the Worlds UK in what is believed to be his first appearance in the UK!
This is cool. Titan is a good replacement.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Huzzah a really rather good CMLL guy that I actually want to see.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Ugh. Still hoping for a Negro Casas ROH debut!
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dalton Castle booked for rev pro the day before

i wonder which rev pro wrestlers are gonna put roh on the wotw tour.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Since ROH is promoting the RPW show on Thursday and they have confirmed that there'll be talent involved, I'll put the matches here.

Dalton Castle vs Zack Gibson sounds really good.