The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by cgstong »

Yeah but Riddle is getting some pushback from this though it isn't his fault
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Man on the Silver Mountain results:

Chuck Taylor der. Trevor Lee via Crossbody
Dezmond Xavier def. Jason Cade and Jake Crist via Spiral Tap on Cade
Keith Lee def. Lio Rush via Spirit Bomb
Unbreakable FN Machines def. War Machine via Double Team Power Moves
Sami Callihan def. Matt Sydal via Stretch Muffler
Jeff Cobb def. TRENT? via Tour of the Islands
The LDRS def. ReDRagon via Sabre, Jr. tapping out O'Reilly

Chuck Taylor challenges Zack at the July show, Pushin' Forward Back! If Chuck loses, he will NEVER challenge for the PWG World title again!
Zack responds by saying "Ask Super Dragon" and "Suck my dick!"
King of Indy Style

PUSHIN FORWARD BACK lineup for July 7th!

Rey Horus vs. Sammy Guevara
Lio Rush vs. TRENT?
Keith Lee vs. Rey Fenix
Dezmond Xavier, Jason Cade & Shane Strickland vs. OI4K (Dave Crist, Jake Crist & Sami Callihan)
Ricochet vs. Trevor Lee
The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) vs. The Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)
PWG WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Chuck Taylor
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

cgstong wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am Yeah but Riddle is getting some pushback from this though it isn't his fault
I have been out of the loop for a month. What's going on with Riddle?
King of Indy Style

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:41 pm
cgstong wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am Yeah but Riddle is getting some pushback from this though it isn't his fault
I have been out of the loop for a month. What's going on with Riddle?
He got double booked last night and had to pull out of PWG. It's happened quite a few times now
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think the Riddle controversy is just a case of him being really overzealous when it comes to bookings. He wants to work everywhere, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it seems like he takes bookings just for the sake of taking bookings, without thinking about whether it conflicts with something else.
King of Indy Style

Straight off the heels of seeing Wonder Woman (which was absolutely stupendous and is one of my favorite super hero movies ever), and less than two days after Man on the Silver Mountain, PWG has announced what may be one of their most significant cards to date. Let's get into it!

Sammy Guevara vs. Rey Horus

PWG is starting off strong with two debuts! Sammy is one of the Indie scene's younger rising stars, Sammy has made a name for himself in a short amount of time. He's impressed audiences in Wrestle Circus with his dazzling high flying manuvers. Sammy is someone who I have wanted to see in PWG ever since I first saw him and it is really cool to see him here in PWG already. And his opponent is no slouch either. Rey Horus has made a namefor himself in Mexico and the states. His best known work comes from Lucha Underground, where you'd know him as Dragon Azteca Jr. These two will deliver a thrilling high flying match and look to impress and pick up a win in their debuts, especially with the Battle of Los Angeles around the corner.

My pick to win: PWG usually has a debuting act lose. But since both are debuting acts, it's really a toss up. I personally think Sammy Guevara will walk out with the win here since I think he is more likely to be around.

Lio Rush vs TRENT?:

If you've read my PWG posts, you know of my love of Trent. I think he's the most underrated man in wrestling, and that he's the hardest worker in any match he's in and he's the best success story of a WWE guy on the indies (sorry Galloway and Cody). Lio Rush is great in his own right, and for a 21-22 year old, his skill level is insane. Lio has been motivated in every match he's had in PWG, whether his debut against Ricochet or his excellent match with REY FENIX. Both these guys will look to deliver again, and considering it's Trent and Lio, they'll have no problem delivering here.

My pick to win: Trent is coming off two straight losses (Jeff Cobb at Man on the Silver Mountain and Zack Sabre, Jr. at Head Like a Cole), while Lio is coming off a loss to Keith Lee last night at Man on the Silver Mountain and a victory over Mark Haskins at Head Like a Cole, as well as a victory over
PWG Tag Team Champion REY FENIX at Game Over, Man. Trent is who I think will win here, and gain some momentum before BOLA.

Keith Lee vs. PWG Tag Team Champion REY FENIX

This will be great!! Keith works really well against little guys, and FENIX works great with.....well everyone! This'll be a hard hitting one, with a power vs. Speed element. I think it'll be even better than Lio vs. Keith from Man on the Silver Mountain, since FENIX is much more polished than Rush. And if Lee does beat FENIX here, maybe he and Rush will team up, since they both beat a PWG Tag Champ. Hmmmm....

My pick to win: I'll take REY FENIX here, since PENTA and FENIX will most likely be defending their PWG Tag Team Titles during BOLA, and they'll want to look strong.

Shane Strickland, Dezmond Xavier and Jason Cade vs. Oi4K (Sami Callihan and Jake and Dave Crist)

A match like this occurred a couple months ago in Wrestle Circus and got rave reviews. Granted, Lio Rush was in Jason Cade's position, but my point still stands. The Crists deliver best in a chaotic 6 Man tag setting, and even though I generally don't like them, I think this will be a fun, psychotic tag team spotfest.

My pick to win: Oi4K are an established trio act, while Cade/Xavier/Strickland are thrown together. And since the Crists are winless in PWG, I expect them to pick up the win here.

Ricohet vs. Trevor Lee

This is one of those matches where you think you've seen it a few times in PWG, but has actually not happened yet. At least I think so. This'll be a perfectly solid match with great Ricochet athleticism and selling and great Lee dickheadness.

My pick to win: Another toss up. I think Ricochet picks up the win here.

Unbreakable FN Machines vs. Young Bucks

This is another match where you think you've seen it a few times. But in reality this has only happened once, in the middle of a DDT4 tournament a few years back. This will be a fun contrast of styles that I think people will endup sleeping on.

My pick to win: Normally I'd say The Young Bucks would win here, but with BOLA coming up, and with a win over War Machine last night, I think the Machines will win here and challenge The Lucha Bros during BOLA weekend if the Chosen Bros don't.

PWG World Championship: Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Chuck Taylor

This is it. The culmination of the months long LDRS vs. Best Friends feud. It started back in February, when Zack choked out Chuck at Only Kings Understand Each Other. After the match, Marty Scurll emerged from the back, and Zack turned heel and reformed the LDRS with Scurll. Luckily, Trent made the save, and one PWG's most beloved teams, The Best Friends, were back. A month later, at Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll), The Best Friends got a leg up on the LDRS, when Trent pinned Zack in the middle of the ring. However, The LDRS brutally attacked after the bell, destroying Chuck on a structure of chairs. In April at Game Over, Man, Chuck finally got revenge on Scurll in a brutal Reseda Street Fight. In May, at Head Like a Cole, The LDRS got one back when Zack retained his PWG World title against Trent. And last night, at Man on the Silver Mountain, Chuck called out Zack after his and Marty's victory over ReDRagon. His message was clear. He wanted the PWG World Championship. And in July, he gets his shot again. But, this comes with a catch that Chuck himself laid out: If Zack beats Chuck again, Chuck will never challenge for the PWG World Championship again. Chuck is willing to put it all on the line here. This is the most important match of Chuck's career, and one of the most important matches in PWG history.

My pick to win: It's must win. Chuck Taylor needs to win this match. And I believe that at the end of the night, Chuckie T will make the legion hall shake with joy, and have his hand raised in victory, as the new PWG World Champion.

Overall thoughts: There isn't a bad match on the card. Two great debuts, some fun mixes of style, a fun 6 man spotfest and one of PWG's biggest matches ever. This will be a long wait. But it'll be worth it.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 am I think the Riddle controversy is just a case of him being really overzealous when it comes to bookings. He wants to work everywhere, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it seems like he takes bookings just for the sake of taking bookings, without thinking about whether it conflicts with something else.
I dunno, haven't the last few been Gabe "making" him do low end WWN shows after he had booked himself for "bigger" shows.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Also, I have very conflicted feelings about Chucky beating ZSJ. ZSJ has been champion for over a year, and Chucky is super over and "deserves" it. But in kayfabe, I have a hard time buying Chuck at that level. Kind of hoping they do something creative with the finish if they have Chuck win.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Tickets for Pushin Forward Back go on sale Thursday, June 22nd at 8PM PDT

Chuck Taylor faces Zack Sabre, Jr. for the PWG World Title

Unbreakable F’N Machines take on The Young Bucks

Ricochet faces Trevor Lee

Shane Strickland, Jason Cade & Dezmond Xavier take on OI4K (Dave Crist, Jake Crist & Sami Callihan)

REY FENIX faces Keith Lee

Lio Rush faces Trent?

Rey Horus and Sammy Guevara make their PWG debut

Man on the Silver Mountain is now available for pre-order: http://shrsl.com/?ij72

Pre-order Head Like A Cole here: http://shrsl.com/?ij74
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

King of Indy Style wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 am

PWG World Championship: Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Chuck Taylor

This is it. The culmination of the months long LDRS vs. Best Friends feud. It started back in February, when Zack choked out Chuck at Only Kings Understand Each Other. After the match, Marty Scurll emerged from the back, and Zack turned heel and reformed the LDRS with Scurll. Luckily, Trent made the save, and one PWG's most beloved teams, The Best Friends, were back. A month later, at Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll), The Best Friends got a leg up on the LDRS, when Trent pinned Zack in the middle of the ring. However, The LDRS brutally attacked after the bell, destroying Chuck on a structure of chairs. In April at Game Over, Man, Chuck finally got revenge on Scurll in a brutal Reseda Street Fight. In May, at Head Like a Cole, The LDRS got one back when Zack retained his PWG World title against Trent. And last night, at Man on the Silver Mountain, Chuck called out Zack after his and Marty's victory over ReDRagon. His message was clear. He wanted the PWG World Championship. And in July, he gets his shot again. But, this comes with a catch that Chuck himself laid out: If Zack beats Chuck again, Chuck will never challenge for the PWG World Championship again. Chuck is willing to put it all on the line here. This is the most important match of Chuck's career, and one of the most important matches in PWG history.

My pick to win: It's must win. Chuck Taylor needs to win this match. And I believe that at the end of the night, Chuckie T will make the legion hall shake with joy, and have his hand raised in victory, as the new PWG World Champion.

Overall thoughts: There isn't a bad match on the card. Two great debuts, some fun mixes of style, a fun 6 man spotfest and one of PWG's biggest matches ever. This will be a long wait. But it'll be worth it.
Definitely agree. Chuckie T is riding high on his career right now so this would be deserved
or Fb.com/ROHworld
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 pm Also, I have very conflicted feelings about Chucky beating ZSJ. ZSJ has been champion for over a year, and Chucky is super over and "deserves" it. But in kayfabe, I have a hard time buying Chuck at that level. Kind of hoping they do something creative with the finish if they have Chuck win.
Ehhhh Chuck will win clean, and I think he definitely deserves it. He's been on a hot streak in PWG, and having lots of incredible matches. Zack is great too, and I think he's hitting the peak of his heel run right now, but he is still ZSJ and just as good without the belt. He doesn't need the belt. Chuck can work great with everybody and the belt is just the cherry on top to his current run. He should win it. Then he'll get HUGE pops at BOLA, and he'll be on top of the world BOLA weekend. It will be great. PWG always does these title changes at the exact perfect time, and I think it's time.
King of Indy Style

Flamita is the first BOLA Entrant!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 pm Flamita is the first BOLA Entrant!
Sweet!
King of Indy Style

Keith Lee and BIG DADDY WALTER are the Second and Third Entrants, respectively, in the 2017 BOLA!
Travis Banks is the Fourth Entrant!
King of Indy Style

REY FENIX is Entrant 5! Dezmond Xavier is Entrant Six! And DONOVAN DIJAK is Entrant 7!
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

DIJAK is an awesome addition to BOLA. I can't wait to see what he does.

Anybody going to the show next weekend? I'll be there, and I might have an extra standing room ticket, if anybody's interested.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So... is Pushing Forward Back the anniversary show? I feel like they should / would mention if it was, and I think it is usually in late July. But if they are announcing guys for BOLA, and this show has a pretty big main event ... maybe?
King of Indy Style

Yup, it is. The July show is usually the big anniversary show, even if it doesn't have a name to indicate it, like THIRTEEN last year, although I'd have preferred it if it was FOURTEEN this year, I like the names that are just numbers. Plus it'd make since that a long time PWG Guy like Chuckie T finally wins the title at the anniversary show
King of Indy Style

Here's my Head Like a Cole review

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee

This one started off with some fun comedy where Trevor Lee was trying to convince Keith to become a TNA Superstar, and that they'd become the TNA Tag Team Champions as the Lee Brothers, lol! Trevor got mad when Keith refused to lay down and pushed Keith a few times, and Keith responded by tossing Trevor around like a rag doll, which is always fun. This one was a fairly solid match, it got kinda slow at times, but it picked up whenever Keith got in a few moves, and near the end, when Trevor started hitting his signature offense on Keith, which was REALLY impressive looking. This was a perfectly fine way to open the show.

My rating: ***1/4

ReDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) vs. The Chosen Bros. (Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb)

This match fucking RULED!! I've wanted to see these two teams go at it since the second they became a team, and these guys MORE than delivered a very great match. It had everything that a ReDRagon vs. Chosen Bros match would have: Cobb Suplexing everyone, sweet grappling, submission attempts, stiff strikes and kicks, a ton of suplexes and awesome tag team moves. Near the end of the match, Bobby got busted open, so he wrestled with a pretty good amount of blood on his face. I LOVED this match. It was everything I wanted out of a ReDRagon vs. Chosen Bros match and more. Chosen Bros. get better with every match and ReDRagon are one of the top 5, if not top 3 Teams on Earth. This one makes me SUPER excited for ReDRagon vs. The LDRS (Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre, Jr.) at the next show, Man on the Silver Mountain, and it makes me hope that PWG decides to bring Riddle back after having to pull out of MotSM due to a double booking, because it'd be a shame if The Chosen Bros. didn't get their Tag Title reign.

My rating: ****1/4

Michael Elgin vs. Shane Strickland

This was another pretty good match. These guys, for their second time ever wrestling each other, did a lot of cool stuff, but there were also some pretty easily noticeable botches or strikes/kicks that didn't even come close to connecting. But that shouldn't take away from this match, it was really fun. Strickland impresses again in his second match, although he did get a little cutesy with some moves. And Elgin continues his run of strong PWG matches. I hope Elgin is in BOLA, he'd be a very smart pick to go far.

My rating: ***1/2

Adam Cole vs. Sami Callihan

This was a very intense, physical match. There were VERY hard hits, chair hits, and even a little bit of comedy. Of course, this is Adam Cole's last PWG match, and it makes sense that it is with Sami Callihan, since Cole was Sami's last PWG match before he went to NXT in 2013 (in a PWG Title 60-Minute Iron Man match, at Is Your Body Ready). This was a perfect way to end Adam's storied PWG Career, and it's very appropriate the very last shot of Cole that is seen is him being a prick to Sami. Thank you for the years of great wrestling and great laughs, Cole. You will be missed.

ADAM COLE, BAYBAY!!!

My rating: ****

Lio Rush vs. Mark Haskins

This is actually the very first time these two men have EVER met in a ring together, and boy was it a good one. These are two of the newest stars in wrestling and they proved it here with a real good match with a lot of crazy moves. Rush is only 22 and is already as good as he is, which is scary. And Haskins was actually close to being forced to retire due to a recurring neck problem a few months ago, but he gladly did not. This was a perfectly fun match.

My rating: ***3/4

PWG World Tag Team Championship:
Lucha Bros. (REY FENIX and PENTA EL CERO MIEDO) (c) vs. The Young Bucks

Before the match starts, one of the Bucks demand the mic, and they make this match a TEXAS TORNADO SPOT FEST!!!! And, my god, a spotfest this was! This was a Young Bucks special, with a bunch of crazy dives, comedy, AND A SUPERKICK PARTY!! And the Lucha Bros. are no slouches either, dishing out crazy ass dives and a SUPERKICK PARTY of their very own! The Young Bucks and The Lucha Bros. are two of the best teams in the world, and they delivered a crazy, death defying spectacle of a match.

Young Bucks Superkick Count: 21
My Rating: ****1/4

PWG World Championship:
Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Trent?

The AWESOME LDRS vs. Best Friends feud continues here! And what an awesome chapter in this feud this match was!! Zack is always at his very best as a wrestler when he's a heel and can punish and torture his opponents with his vast array of submissions. And you all know how much I adore Trent. Trent? is one of the best underdog faces in the world, with his selling and fiery comebacks. When you put those two in a ring together, and you add in a raucous PWG Crowd, you get a absolutely amazing PWG Title main event. These two meshed together perfectly, with Zack torturing poor Trent? with vicious attacks on the shoulder and knees, and Trent? coming back with everything he has. This was a perfect way to cap off the show.

My rating: ****1/4

Final show rating: 8.5

This was another great show from PWG. Chosen Bros. vs ReDRagon, Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros and ZSJ vs. Trent where all fantastic matches, and it had Adam Cole's farewell match. I give Head Like a Cole a great recommendation. You can't get quality action like this for the price it's at anywhere but PWG.