ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by King of Indy Style »

Montana wrote:Yes!

– PWInsider reports that according to several sources, Dalton Castle has come to terms with a new deal to stay with Ring of Honor. Castle reportedly came to terms with ROH for the deal in the last several days. His previous deal was to expire this month, and they had not yet come to a new deal until the last few days.
Thank God. Now do something with him ROH.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I'm not a big Castle fan, since it feels like we've been waiting years for a breakout match. But there's no disputing he is over so it's hard to be critical of the move. Hopefully he gets something interesting to do and can step up his in ring performances.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rovert1 wrote:WWE is rumoured to have a set date in their heads were they believe they will clear/feel at ease to approach the ex-ROHers. The date is imminent.

Speaking to some of those involved they've emphasised they are completely in the dark and hope the rumour is true. So they've proceeded as normal taking bookings most of this Summer.
So we can finally get Daizee Haze in WWE... been waiting for this
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote:Yes!

– PWInsider reports that according to several sources, Dalton Castle has come to terms with a new deal to stay with Ring of Honor. Castle reportedly came to terms with ROH for the deal in the last several days. His previous deal was to expire this month, and they had not yet come to a new deal until the last few days.
One year deal? Two?
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

rovert1 wrote:The Castle/WWE story is false and a planted story. Not worth discussing.
As I said.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good news ...i love castle.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Big win on re-signing Castle. More will be on the way. I think it's only a matter of time until you hear about Adam Cole signing a new deal. He's a still on the roster page and neither he or ROH have ever acknowledged any departure. Things have gone silent with Cole for a reason.

War Machine clearly also to!d WWE to go F off. Kidani and Gedo are not going to push anybody that can leave for WWE at any time.

Bobby Fish still keeps working for ROH and he got a big win last week. He's not going anywhere.

I also saw Dijak put over ROH for drawing big crowds to shows last night on twitter. I think this is a sign that he's coming back.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Stop being silly. You've been wrong dozens of times. Will hide when wrong as per usual. So you are just trolling for the sake of it.

Spoke to a number of the wrestlers involved, their friends and indie promoters who want to book them in the future as recently as yesterday. Your nonsense implies that their situations are MUCH clearer and less ambiguous than they actually are.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The situation is no longer unclear. ;)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 pm The situation is no longer unclear. ;)
Sounds like there will be a flood of official signings come Monday.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am
Yeah, if this is what I'm thinking it is then all I have to say it's about f'n time!

Now I wonder if this includes every name that's been talked about or if the more recent contract expirations like Cole, Lio and Fish would still have to wait a little while longer.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

LJimmy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am
JTCole wrote:This whole contract thing still bothers me. Sure WWE did something they weren't supposed to, but it's not like ROH hasn't done similar shit before. And at least WWE pays talent who agree to no compete clauses.
It's bullshit. ROH are just spooked at the thought of there being a perception that anybody is defecting for NXT and they're being spiteful over people leaving. Instead of doing something more logical to stop departures like fix the issues that keep causing people to leave ROH pulls this shit to screw everybody over by alleging something that they and every other company has done as well. ROH gets away with this and everything else since there are people like Meltzer who always cover for them.

ROH and Lucha Underground are really the two worse companies for wrestlers to be tied up with today.
I think this guy is right on the money.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am
Not so fast. There's a long signing process yet to go. Medicals etc.

But read Friday's PWG results and the line up for their next show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wwe with 100000 wrestlers...they push jinder mahal anyway.

good luck to them in the fed.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Bobby Fish is backstage at the NXT show tonight.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Another guy in his late 30s/early 40s to NXT.

Sort of a strange take on "developmental" if you ask me. Either way, hopefully Bobby gets paid. I'll miss him and I doubt WWE will use him well, but I wish him nothing but success.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Best of luck to Fish.... was hoping ROH could keep him, but glad he's getting a shot at WWE.

Interesting to hear Fish there before Cole/Dijak/O Reily
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I'm glad this B.S. has finally come to an end. Again if ROH doesn't want people jumping ship then they need to fix the problems that keep causing people to leave instead of playing these games to screw with their livelihoods

I think a key story here is how Meltzer has handled covering this. So the words finally opened for talent to make the move a few weeks ago, yet he didn't say anything and you still got the impression that talents were being blocked. I think I know what's up.

Even though he claimed to feel bad for the talents I actually think Meltzer liked that this was going on. This allowed him to push the idea that ROH had power over WWE, as he's been on this trip all year about how WWE is going down, while others were hot and gaining power over them. He's not so anxious to talk about this since it once again shows that other people and companies can throw some stones, but WWE still ends up winning in the end.

His whole reporting of talent movements has been fishy, as he was also trying to make it come off like Maria and Mike and Crazy Steve were also being blocked. This despite the facts that Mike and Maria were signed for months and Steve was at a tryout less than two months after leaving Impact. Then there is also him claiming WWE wanted Dalton Castle and him still playing into Kenny Omega's work of teasing a jump next year.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Roque11 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm Bobby Fish still keeps working for ROH and he got a big win last week. He's not going anywhere.
Hey Roque11
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

rovert1 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:21 am
Roque11 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm Bobby Fish still keeps working for ROH and he got a big win last week. He's not going anywhere.
Hey Roque11
Oh GREAT another ROH weekend, another round of backchannel Twitter rumoring. YAWN. You'll ALL see when Cole, O'Reilly, Dijak, Rush, Sonjay, and Punk re-sign, LOL!

And I thought you guys were supposed to be the VOICES of wrestling.
/Croque

I guess all these things will all fall into place soon. Wish all the migrating talent the best of luck.