ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

Post by kovs27 »

Even if Cody wins, could he really have a long reign? He is going to be in the G1. That's a long time for him to be away. Is it possible he beats Daniels but then loses it quickly afterwards?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote:Even if Cody wins, could he really have a long reign? He is going to be in the G1. That's a long time for him to be away. Is it possible he beats Daniels but then loses it quickly afterwards?
That would be the worst booking they could do. I see Daniels retaining the Title and Cody getting The respect of the crowd, after a good match. Another bullshit overbooked finish at a PPV would be the fucking worst.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If Cody isn't winning here, and if he is to take part in the G1, although i still think he may well be destined for the America title tournament, which I do think he would win. I still think he is winning the ROH title at some point, to work around all of this i would probably have Cody look to almost win the title but say have Kazarian save Daniels from defeat, it carries on the feud underneath for Kaz and the Bullet Club, alows a different angle to Kaz and Daneils, it would also further the idea that Daniels is vunerable which I do think they touched on at the War of The Worlds tour, especially in the main event.

I think Daniels should go a couple more PPV's anyway before he looses, I would then have each defence for Daniels looking progressively more troubling, escaping by the skin of his teeth or looking battered through the lengths of having to defend the title. I would then probably try and create an angle within the final match of Daniels reign, where he is injured and can't really do anything to defend himself but say Cody doesn't relent, he just keeps going after the injury, hopefully to the point where the crowd want the match to stop to protect Daniels and then he looses the title.

I think it would send Cody to another level as a heel and keep, maybe propel Daniels even further on as a face.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote:Even if Cody wins, could he really have a long reign? He is going to be in the G1. That's a long time for him to be away. Is it possible he beats Daniels but then loses it quickly afterwards?
ROH is actually off for most of the G1, so this would be doable, but I hate the idea of someone winning the ROH World Title and then going and doing a bunch of high-profile jobs (even if they are jobs that everyone knows pretty much don't count).
Big Red Machine

supersonic wrote:You know ROH is no longer en vogue when VoW wants Cody to win here so that he curtails his NJPW bookings.
LOL
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

KUSHIDA vs. Scurll for the TV title is set! It'll be crazy seeing him enter with the TV and Jr. Heavyweight titles
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

KUSHIDA is, right now, at best in the World level. Awesome match After awesome match
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is not a bad card after all.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So who do we think wins the TV title match? I think it's fair to say Marty could use it more (unless Cody is losing and Marty can go after CD), but it seems unlikely NJPW would be okay with Kushida losing given his current push.
Big Red Machine

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm So who do we think wins the TV title match? I think it's fair to say Marty could use it more (unless Cody is losing and Marty can go after CD), but it seems unlikely NJPW would be okay with Kushida losing given his current push.
Probably Marty, unless KUSHIDA is going to be around to defend it.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I see KUSHIDA retaining the title until Silas Young defeats him in the near future (WOTW UK o DBD).
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't know if this is right or not but NJPW (through their Japanese twitter account) confirmed Kushida was going to be at the PPV and TV tapings and also on the 26th of this month but I think they meant next month as that's when the next set of TV tapings is. Unless they just mean he is going to be in the US untill the 26th of June.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:59 pm
maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm So who do we think wins the TV title match? I think it's fair to say Marty could use it more (unless Cody is losing and Marty can go after CD), but it seems unlikely NJPW would be okay with Kushida losing given his current push.
Probably Marty, unless KUSHIDA is going to be around to defend it.
I was pretty sure KUSHIDA only won the belt to have a marquee match for him at the G1 Specials, but now that he’s the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, I’m less keen on their plans.

Perhaps they’ll give the title back to Marty, all though I don’t see him being doing the regular house shows he was doing in the first half of the year, which might set back his chances. I doubt there are any long-term plans for KUSHIDA’s reign, especially with him as double champion, so him losing at the BITW weekend or at the specials seem probable. If he defends the TV Title at the G1 in USA shows, then Page, Lethal, and White seem to be the only possible challengers from the ROH roster.

Despite there being a lot of talent in those potential title holders, it’s disappointing to come to the conclusion that the TV Title has gradually descended into a title that is meant more to be won than to be defended: 5 champions in 2016, a lack of programs for Scurll’s reign, non-roster KUSHIDA being the current champion; it's become very prop-like, and the World Title is beginning to show symptoms of that as well.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I see KUSHIDA defending the title this Summer. He won't be in the G1 bc he's a Jr. Heavweight, so he could defend It un Summer. Since Silas defeated him at WOTW, I see Silas getting the title from KUSH.

Plus, if ROH and NJPW book this well, KUSHIDA's reign should elevate the prestige of the title. Just like Shibata did with RPW's British Heavyweight Title.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:30 am

I think it would send Cody to another level as a heel and keep, maybe propel even Daniels further on as a face.
I don't know about it doing more for Daniels as I don't see him doing much more in the singles division once this title run is over
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

cgstong wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 am
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:30 am

I think it would send Cody to another level as a heel and keep, maybe propel even Daniels further on as a face.
I don't know about it doing more for Daniels as I don't see him doing much more in the singles division once this title run is over
Yeah that could be how things go, I don't how long the situation with Page and Kaz is going to last, it maybe that it's this PPV and that's it and then Kaz/Daniels are back together as a unit. I never thought I'd say this but I would actually like to see more of Kaz in singles matches as he seems to have really improved in this area and I have liked what Page and him have been doing.

I just really created the whole situation more to get Daniels over with the fans than anything else, as the booking of getting Daniels to the main event and the main event itself created something for the fans to buy into but for me not enough has been done after said event to keep that reaction and emotion with him despite. Even if Daniels retained here I would still go with the injury angle just to try and get that energy within his title defences even if is just a couple more.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

What does "losing team disbands" actually mean in relation to the Search and Destroy versus Revolution? For example, if Revolution loses, does that mean we may again see the All Night Express, which would be far more interesting than seeing random pairings of Revolution members? Or does it mean that all 4 members of either faction can no longer be together (hence no more MCMG if S&D loses)?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder what the possibility of Kaz still actually being with BC is? Like it was two swerves on Daniels and Cole? When he joined earlier he really did join but he didn't really leave, it was part of the process to boot Cole at the 15th Anniversary.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

To be completely honest, until KUSHIDA vs. Marty Scurll was announced, I wasn't that excited for this PPV. Yes, I think there are a number of matches that should be really good, but my general interest until recently has been very low.
Zhuge1 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 pm What does "losing team disbands" actually mean in relation to the Search and Destroy versus Revolution? For example, if Revolution loses, does that mean we may again see the All Night Express, which would be far more interesting than seeing random pairings of Revolution members? Or does it mean that all 4 members of either faction can no longer be together (hence no more MCMG if S&D loses)?
I would presume that ANX & The Motor City Machine Guns would remain together if their respective side is on the losing end of this eight-man tag, since they've both been long-established tag teams before these stables formed. That would just mean that King & Titus can no longer associate with Caprice Coleman & Shane Taylor, or that Sabin & Shelley can no longer associate with Jay White or Jonathan Gresham.
dhads7161 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 pm Wonder what the possibility of Kaz still actually being with BC is? Like it was two swerves on Daniels and Cole? When he joined earlier he really did join but he didn't really leave, it was part of the process to boot Cole at the 15th Anniversary.
No offense, but that sounds like something Vince Russo would book.