ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

Post by AlexROH »

STARDOM's Kris Wolfe will be at BITW!

Plus, Kingdom vs face CMLL team. At least they made a Kingdom match interesting.

SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

If you saw a flier for a local wrestling show hanging up at a gas station advertising this shit would you even look twice?

Cody came near here a few months ago and I didn't give it a second thought.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Cool to see Kris there. It sounds like she'll actually be wrestling on the PPV, which is pretty neat. Too bad she'll probably wrestle someone shitty like Mandy Leon. Andthat Kingdom match is going to suck some major ass. This very may well be the first ROH PPV I don't buy.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:Cool to see Kris there. It sounds like she'll actually be wrestling on the PPV, which is pretty neat. Too bad she'll probably wrestle someone shitty like Mandy Leon. Andthat Kingdom match is going to suck some major ass. This very may well be the first ROH PPV I don't buy.
Looking at this week's ROH TV, BITW card will be something like this:

- Cody vs Daniels
- Bucks vs Random Tag
- KUSHIDA vs ¿¿??
- Bully/Briscoes vs Random Tag
- Silas vs Lethal (?)
- Kaz vs Page (Maybe some type of street fight)
- Kingdom vs CMLL Guys
Spoiler: show
- S&D vs The Rebellion loser disbands
Meh. After this weekend's tapings in Chicago we will see how this card looks. But yeah, one of the weakests PPVs since 2014.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

- Bucks vs Random Tag

The Young Bucks did get challenged during the Philly tapings.....

Spoiler: show
...by War Machine
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kris wolfe is awesome.

so sad alex roh the greatest roh supporter is finally #broken.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:kris wolfe is awesome.

so sad alex roh the greatest roh supporter is finally #broken.
Hahahahahahahaha,greatest suporter? But yes, I am finally #Broken
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Maybe Delirious will grow a brain between now and then and the Kingdom vs. CMLL match with be a dark match.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

If Rhodes wins the belt, I'm officially done with ROH, the product has grown weaker and weaker and if they are not smart enough to put the belt on Scurll there really is no hope for quality booking anymore.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe the long term is rhodes vs scurll...idk
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This definitely doesn't on paper feel like the company's SummerSlam/Great American Bash.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Last year's show was really bad. The rushed / forced / short Lethal - Briscoes match, the random BC trios match, the random KOR exhibition match, no special attractions, the best match was probably the frickin Corino - Whitmer match with the stupid finish.

I'll hold out hope for this show. I'm not exactly a Cody fan, but both guys really need this match to deliver and I expect generous time allocations all around. Tag title teams (is that still a spoiler) have good chemistry and have already had some well reviewed matches this year. The Kingdom tag and Lethal match don't do much for me, but if we get a Marty - Kushida rematch or something equally interesting, I hope the show could deliver still.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This PPV will be garbage.I'm all for Cody winning the title so I'm not in the anti Cody group but this PPV just looks like it's going to be F level after War of the Worlds. War of the Worlds while watching it and even leading into it just felt like a major PPV, this because of where it falls and the house show leading in to it just screams shit.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Maybe it felt bigger, but War of the World's wasn't as well reviewed as the four PPV shows before it. Frankly, I think most people thought it was too busy. I think a smaller card (7 matches is ideal, but we know they'll do 8) with 3 or 4 feature matches getting 15 to 20 minutes to build could be a better show even if the talent roster is underwhelming.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

We have Cody vs. Daniels and Kingdom vs. CMLL Reps. Cody vs. Daniels I have no problem with actually, just think Cody should be defending the title here with Daniels challenging for his former title. Kingdom vs. CMLL is rather yawn, it involves the Kingdom.
Lethal vs. Silas Young should be alright
We'll probably get the Scurll vs. KUSHIDA rematch. I think they could justifiably add Josh Woods to it though. Does the TPT winner not usually get a title shot?
Have Bully & The Briscoes drop the six man titles to members of Search & Destroy tonight and include those titles in the S&D vs. Rebellion match payoff and do an angle with Bully turning on the Briscoes, perhaps doing an injury angle with Mark to set up Bully vs. Jay.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

It is closer to Slammiversary than it should be. The talent is there everything else isn't.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert1 wrote:It is closer to Slammiversary than it should be. The talent is there everything else isn't.
Slammiversary has an NFL player who isn't even on a roster and an announcer wrestling in matches on the card.

Even WWE would struggle to fit fuckery of that level on a PPV card, save Wrestlemania.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Slammiversary has an announcer wrestling in matches on the card.

Even WWE would struggle to fit fuckery of that level on a PPV card, save Wrestlemania.
WrestleMania 27 called...it was the third top match too that year.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Cole/Lawler was absolute crap. Great build but an awful payoff.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

All matches with non wrestlers are bad except Bill Alphonso vs Beulah McGillicutty.