ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by King of Indy Style »

I still enjoy ROH's product. It's not as high quality in the ring as a NJPW, and it isn't delightfully absurd like Lucha Underground is, and it certainly doesn't have the same feel as a PWG show. But ROH brings largely fun wrestling with some really good guys I genuinely like watching and supporting, where I wouldn't see anywhere BUT ROH. I gave up on WWE about 3 years ago and I doubt I will ever watch it again, it's much too hokey and "Sports Entertainment" for my liking. And Impact is an absolute mess of a product with a few guys I do enjoy, but with garbage like Karen Jarrett as a face Authority figure and Del Rio in the Main Event, I won't give it the time. ROH is not the best product around, of course, but it still is a more enjoyable product than WWE's or TNA's.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Wilson wrote:
famicommander wrote:
rovert1 wrote:The Castle/WWE story is false and a planted story. Not worth discussing.
Planted by whom, and to what end?
Russia. Dezinformatsiya.
Vladimir Putin next ROH World Champion
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Should be noted Castle had a disastrous WWE tryout several years ago, and I doubt he gets to use the gimmick without it being taken away so I don't see him leaving.

Unless he really wants out of ROH.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote:
famicommander wrote:
rovert1 wrote:The Castle/WWE story is false and a planted story. Not worth discussing.
Russia. Dezinformatsiya.
Clearly they're trying to destroy Dalton's relationship with ROH in order to open up a roster spot the return of Alex Koslov.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote:Vladimir Putin next ROH World Champion
Big Red Machine wrote:Clearly they're trying to destroy Dalton's relationship with ROH in order to open up a roster spot the return of Alex Koslov.
Wait a minute.

Dalton Castle

D a l t o n C a s t l e

T a l e n t d o c a s l

A Talent’s Cold. A talent is cold! It was right in front of us.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Wilson wrote:
famicommander wrote:
Russia. Dezinformatsiya.
No Wilson. Same source as usual Delirious/ROH office.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

rovert1 wrote:
Wilson wrote:Russia. Dezinformatsiya.
No Wilson. Same source as usual Delirious/ROH office.
To be clear, that wasn’t meant to be a rib on you, personally, just on anyone trying not to say Fake News while still implying hey, it's actually fake news.

I can buy ROH contriving a positive PR moment if or when Castle re-signs. The Observer definitely doesn't seem to put any scrutiny into what's happening there anymore. Do you have any impression that Meltzer has a lead in ROH other than the chief heads?
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

SweetDaddy wrote:Sinking ship.
Been that way for a while
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

King of Indy Style wrote:I'd hope Dalton understands that the WWE would completely strip him of what made him so beloved in ROH, along with his moveset, and he'd be a shell of what he was in ROH.
As Gorilla Monsoon use to say to me, "You're in this business to make money kid".
Last edited by Buzz Sawyer on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm seeing rumors pop up of WWE, and specifically William Regal, being very high on KUSHIDA.

I don't think there's any chance he walks away from being the ace of the NJPW Jr Heavyweight Division and ROH World Television Champion to be just another guy on 205 Live, but I thought I'd mention it.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote:I'm seeing rumors pop up of WWE, and specifically William Regal, being very high on KUSHIDA.

I don't think there's any chance he walks away from being the ace of the NJPW Jr Heavyweight Division and ROH World Television Champion to be just another guy on 205 Live, but I thought I'd mention it.
He'd probably become a major piece of NXT sending Hideo Itami further into irrelevancy.
Montana

Post by Montana »

So if i have this correct... ROH sent over some legal action to WWE over contract tampering, i assume because they or someone related to WWE reached out to guys like Reily / Dijak / Cole while they were under a ROH contract. Obviously ROH wouldn't want WWE to raid their talent, especially while under contract. Which in turn is holding up WWE signing these guys.

How do you think this will play out? WWE fights it? WWE settles out of court financially and/or talent sharing? WWE or ROH wins the case?

Probably the most likely scenario would be settling out of court for an undisclosed sum of money, which i believe has occurred before with ROH/and/or other companies.

I'd also imagine with WWE during their annual hirings.... they'll be doing their annual firings. My Guess of who's on the chopping block: Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Sin Cara, Ascension, and a handful of NXT guys who can't wrestle. Who's the next Bull Dempsey to pop up in ROH?
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

WWE is rumoured to have a set date in their heads were they believe they will clear/feel at ease to approach the ex-ROHers. The date is imminent.

Speaking to some of those involved they've emphasised they are completely in the dark and hope the rumour is true. So they've proceeded as normal taking bookings most of this Summer.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

rovert1 wrote:WWE is rumoured to have a set date in their heads were they believe they will clear/feel at ease to approach the ex-ROHers. The date is imminent.

Speaking to some of those involved they've emphasised they are completely in the dark and hope the rumour is true. So they've proceeded as normal taking bookings most of this Summer.
Which ex-ROHers will WWE contact? Just Cole? Or will we see reDRagon and Dijak at TakeOver Brooklyn: II?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

This whole contract thing still bothers me. Sure WWE did something they weren't supposed to, but it's not like ROH hasn't done similar shit before. And at least WWE pays talent who agree to no compete clauses.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

JTCole wrote:This whole contract thing still bothers me. Sure WWE did something they weren't supposed to, but it's not like ROH hasn't done similar shit before. And at least WWE pays talent who agree to no compete clauses.
It's bullshit. ROH are just spooked at the thought of there being a perception that anybody is defecting for NXT and they're being spiteful over people leaving. Instead of doing something more logical to stop departures like fix the issues that keep causing people to leave ROH pulls this shit to screw everybody over by alleging something that they and every other company has done as well. ROH gets away with this and everything else since there are people like Meltzer who always cover for them.

ROH and Lucha Underground are really the two worse companies for wrestlers to be tied up with today.
Big Red Machine

LJimmy wrote:
JTCole wrote:This whole contract thing still bothers me. Sure WWE did something they weren't supposed to, but it's not like ROH hasn't done similar shit before. And at least WWE pays talent who agree to no compete clauses.
It's bullshit. ROH are just spooked at the thought of there being a perception that anybody is defecting for NXT and they're being spiteful over people leaving. Instead of doing something more logical to stop departures like fix the issues that keep causing people to leave ROH pulls this shit to screw everybody over by alleging something that they and every other company has done as well. ROH gets away with this and everything else since there are people like Meltzer who always cover for them.

ROH and Lucha Underground are really the two worse companies for wrestlers to be tied up with today.
Is TNA still trying to take a giant cut of everyone's outside bookings?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Big Red Machine wrote:
LJimmy wrote:

10% of everything plus "voluntold" bookings.
Big Red Machine

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
LJimmy wrote:

10% of everything plus "voluntold" bookings.
Huh. Not quite sure if that's worse than ROH or LU, but I'm leaning towards it being a little less bad. I guess it depending on how much and how often they are paying their talent for their TNA work.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes!

– PWInsider reports that according to several sources, Dalton Castle has come to terms with a new deal to stay with Ring of Honor. Castle reportedly came to terms with ROH for the deal in the last several days. His previous deal was to expire this month, and they had not yet come to a new deal until the last few days.