Official Gateway To Gold (Collinsville 6/4/17) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Official Gateway To Gold (Collinsville 6/4/17) Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

Why aren't the Bucks or Page advertised?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote:Why aren't the Bucks or Page advertised?
Bucks will be facing Oi4K in the event.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Why aren't the Bucks or Page advertised?
Bucks will be facing Oi4K in the event.
Is that confirmed?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Yeah, it was on one of the recent ROH Daily Updates. Some time last week I believe
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Dave Crist is injured. Bucks will now face The Kingdom and Jake Crist will take Taven's spot at the Gateway to Gold Gauntlet.
King of Indy Style

Wow. They actually managed to find an even worse team to take Oi4K's place.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Should have just done MCMG vs. The Bucks. They'd be a more suitable replacement than The Kingdom. Or even ANX or find a couple locals like Brandon Espinosa and Ace Hawkins.
King of Indy Style

Interesting to note that before this show starts, Myron Reed, The Champion of Michael Elgin's promotion, is wrestling Curt Stallion
https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/stat ... 6910603268
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

King of Indy Style wrote:Interesting to note that before this show starts, Myron Reed, The Champion of Michael Elgin's promotion, is wrestling Curt Stallion
elgin is good terms with roh again? ok cool i guess

curt stallion back in roh..good news
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

According the current card they have listed, The Tempura Boyz have been added to the Gauntlet, which now includes ten participants.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:Interesting to note that before this show starts, Myron Reed, The Champion of Michael Elgin's promotion, is wrestling Curt Stallion

I don't think he was really ever on bad terms. Just didn't ha e time to be booked if he doesn't have a contract.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote:
monster mafia wrote:

I don't think he was really ever on bad terms. Just didn't ha e time to be booked if he doesn't have a contract.
Earlier this year (or possibly late last year) he said pretty publicly that he wouldn't work for ROH again unless it was a joint show with New Japan and made it clear that he was not happy with the lack of communication between him and the office about things (which is also something Cedric mentioned was an issue. But don't worry: everything is fine).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

You gotta love Jay Briscoe's promos. I think Jay-Taylor could be a better and more important match for Taylor that the Goto match at Toronto.

Goto is always in lazy mode outiside Japan, and Jay, man, he always give 100%.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

VOD from Gateway to Gold is up!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, I bought this show and I have to show that it wasn't as bad as I expected. It's another B show. The big matches disapointed me, but there were some pretty good matches. I think I'll buy less VOD shows bc my interest for ROH has decreased and I don't enjoy their shows as I used to do.

- Kaz vs Flip Gordon **3/4 Good opener. Flip looked great here. With more time, this could be a better match in the future. Flip isn't doing as bad as I thought.

- Rebellion vs Coast2Coast **3/4 Another good showcase for the young boys. Ali could be a strong midcarder if the work his character. He has a good physique and moves well in the ring.

- Taylor vs Briscoe ***1/2 Match of the Night, IMO. Great old school match. They worked a slow and intense match. Jay gave the 100% and made Taylor look like a monster. Shane dominated the match and Jay had to do a lot of big moves to defeat him. Great story.

- Gauntlent Match Very entertaining. I don't know how to rate this because it was a match made of 6 different matches. The first portion was fine, with Gresham and King having time to showcase their skills. The second part of the match had less wrestling and more storyline advance, with some interferences and all of that. The count-out finish worked for me.

- Lethal vs Fish ***1/4+ I gave 4 stars to their match at the Anniversary and I was expecting more. This was a good, not great, match. The match had no structure, just random moves and some call-backs to their previous match. The distraction finish with Silas pissed me off.

- Silas/Bruiser vs Bully/Mark **1/4 Boring match. I'm tired of Bully Ray and I cannot enjoy his matches. Always the same.

- Kingdom vs Bucks **1/2 I was looking for the Oi4K match, but I got a Kingdom match. Just like the previous match, my problem here is a wrestler, Vinny Marseglia. He's bad and he has a horrible character. The Bucks tried to have a good match, but they can't if they face such a mediocre team.

- Cody/Page vs MCMG ***1/4 Good stuff here. The best tag match of the night. Cody and Page always deliver. And yes, I'll say it again, ROH needs to do something with the MCMG, they need a title run or be involved in a interesting storyline.

- Daniels vs White vs Punishment ***1/4+ Good main event. Non-stop action. With more time this could have been MOTN.
They had 13 minutes and there was no rest. It's like the two previous Triple Threats Daniels has been involved in (vs ZSJ and Cole in WCPW and vs Cody and Lethal at WOTW), good not great stuff.

You'll maybe enjoy this show, but if you are looking for great wrestling, don't spend 11-14 dollars in this show.

Final rating: 6/10