Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Wilson »

I think Bryan wrestling again might set the wrong precedent for earlier retirement in wrestling. I don’t want to say what Bryan should or shouldn’t do, but it would be great for the industry to have an ambassador in terms of walking away in decent health due in some part to their own volition.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

ROH Replica belts are no longer sold at the shows. Or available anywhere online.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That's because there is a pending lawsuit between Figures Toy Co. and the creators of the belts themselves over the merchandise rights and images of the titles.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

And that sucks, because I wanted to get one. eBay doesn't even have any.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Personally I couldn't stomach seeing Danielson wrestling again, the man surely has enough mnoney and life that doesn't need to despite his passion. He is father now his daughter deserves to have a long life with a healthy father which could be seriously demished by even one match if he returns. The risk are to high and the rewards just seem to low, I would also hope that no company decideds to book especially ROH as his history could harm his return because it just couldn't ever be the same.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Now that Adam Cole has left ROH, what would be your Top 10 match list for him? Here you have mine's:

vs Styles ASE VI ****1/2
vs Briscoe FB 14 (Figh Without Honor) ****1/2
vs Styles WOTW N1 ****1/2

vs Elgin DBD XI ****1/4
vs Kyle SCOH X N2 (No Holds Barred) ****1/4
vs Lethal Reach for the Sky London ****1/4
vs Daniels 15 Annyversary ****1/4
vs O'Reilly Final Battle 2015 ****1/4
with Taven & Bennet vs Styles & The Young Bucks BITW 15 ****1/4
vs Styles vs Elgin vs Briscoe FOH 14 ****1/4
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote:Now that Adam Cole has left ROH, what would be your Top 10 match list for him? Here you have mine's:

vs Styles ASE VI ****1/2
vs Briscoe FB 14 (Figh Without Honor) ****1/2
vs Styles WOTW N1 ****1/2

vs Elgin DBD XI ****1/4
vs Kyle SCOH X N2 (No Holds Barred) ****1/4
vs Lethal Reach for the Sky London ****1/4
vs Daniels 15 Annyversary ****1/4
vs O'Reilly Final Battle 2015 ****1/4
with Taven & Bennet vs Styles & The Young Bucks BITW 15 ****1/4
vs Styles vs Elgin vs Briscoe FOH 14 ****1/4
My favorite is probably still Hybrid Rules against Kyle O’Reilly.

To add to the list:

Future Shock vs. Kings of Wrestling (Honor Takes Center Stage Night 1)
Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin (Border Wars 2012)
Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong (ROH on SBG #45)
Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, & Matt Taven vs. Michael Elgin, Cedric Alexander, Caprice Coleman, & Jay Lethal (Glory By Honor XII)
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Cole is one of those few guys from ROH I'll remember more for his character than matches.
nickdiamante

Post by nickdiamante »

Did anyone notice what Bobby Fish said during his ring intro at War of the Worlds in New York City? He was wearing a ReDRagon t-shirt with both his and Kyle's faces on it, and after pointing at Kyle's face he said something along the lines of "I hope you didn't forget about this guy, because we are ReDRagon!"

Anyone want to take a stab at what that means? Fish seems to be losing just about every match since he announced he wasn't exclusive to ROH anymore. Is it a foregone conclusion that he'll be leaving ROH soon? Any chance he goes to Evolve to join Kyle? I wonder if ROH is upset that he made those comments during his intro?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

nickdiamante wrote:Did anyone notice what Bobby Fish said during his ring intro at War of the Worlds in New York City? He was wearing a ReDRagon t-shirt with both his and Kyle's faces on it, and after pointing at Kyle's face he said something along the lines of "I hope you didn't forget about this guy, because we are ReDRagon!"

Anyone want to take a stab at what that means? Fish seems to be losing just about every match since he announced he wasn't exclusive to ROH anymore. Is it a foregone conclusion that he'll be leaving ROH soon? Any chance he goes to Evolve to join Kyle? I wonder if ROH is upset that he made those comments during his intro?
Good catch.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Maybe Adam, Kyle, and Bobby will be in the crowd at Chicago Takeover.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ditto on the good catch, nick.

Most of us quietly assumed that Fish would be leaving after ROH used their last obligated story with him at the Manhattan Mayhem show; he’s only had minor stories since then. Also, since working past his brief extension in late 2016, he’s been very vocal on Twitter that reDRagon is soon to return. He won’t be around for long.
JTCole wrote:Maybe Adam, Kyle, and Bobby will be in the crowd at Chicago Takeover.
And tag alongside Roderick Strong to form Mount Rushmore 3.0? Uh-huh, yes. I'll take two, please. Book it, Gabe.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

reDRagon will be back next week for a PWX show. EVOLVE has announced that they'll do a join show with them next month...
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

And they're wrestling The Chosen Bros in PWG this Friday.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

AlexROH wrote:reDRagon will be back next week for a PWX show. EVOLVE has announced that they'll do a join show with them next month...
I think they've already done a PWX show, there's a DVD up for it on highspots.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

JTCole wrote:Maybe Adam, Kyle, and Bobby will be in the crowd at Chicago Takeover.
Don't count on any of that but do expect all three to be WWE/NXT bound soon.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Went back and watched All Star Extravaganza and Manhattan Mayhem 2013 today. My gosh those two shows were stacked. Bucks still felt like a special attraction (actually they still do but some of that luster is beginning to fade), the two main event tag title matches felt huge, all the names in that title tournament like Steen, Ciampa, Elgin, Strong, London, Kendrick. KUSHIDA and Karl Anderson on those shows respectively. They were stacked and came accross as major shows while you were watching them.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Is ROH going to announce any more shows soon? They've only got the 4 next month, one in late July, and one late August.

Is this a sign for something?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

JTCole wrote:Is ROH going to announce any more shows soon? They've only got the 4 next month, one in late July, and one late August.

Is this a sign for something?
They have the three (four?) UK shows in August, as well. Traditionally, summers have been very slow for ROH. They ran an unusually high 7 shows in June last year, two in July, and three in August. If they are doing all four UK shows, that's 10 total for June/July/August vs. 12 last year. Spread it back to April and it is 18 vs. 20, back to February and it is 25 for 2017 to 24 in 2016. They're about on the same pace. You can cherry pick to January, too, but that gives you an advantage for 2016. Depends on where you put the end posts but they're on relatively the same pace.