Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:ROH made an event page on Facebook for a show in Concord, NC for the end of July.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1284405215000389/

tv taping

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 5934006273
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

THIS IS AMAZING.

Coming hot off the heels of the sold-out War of the Worlds 2017 Tour in North America, ROH is thrilled to announce, in conjunction with NJPW, CMLL and Revolution Pro Wrestling, the first-ever War of the Worlds UK Tour from August 18th , 2017 – August 20th, 2017! With stronger-than-ever partnerships, stars from the top professional wrestling organizations in the world will do battle over the course of three nights!

The tour comes in overwhelming response to not only the resoundingly successful ROH Reach for the Sky UK Tour, but also to the rapid sellouts of Ring of Honor, New Japan, CMLL, and Rev Pro events around the globe. The match possibilities are endless, dream teams could be formed, and various championships WILL be contested!

ALSO, RPW (Rev Pro) will host their annual ‘Summer Sizzler’, which will serve as a special Kickoff Event on Thursday August 17 at York Hall in London! From there, the stars of ROH, CMLL, NJPW, and RPW will compete at York Hall on Friday August 18 and then head the Liverpool Olympia on Saturday August 19! The tour will wrap up on August 20th in at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange to mark ROH’s first ever event in Scotland! Tickets for the most-recent WOTW USA Tour sold out so keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com to ensure you are the first to have the opportunity to purchase tickets to these historic events!

If history is any indication, anything can and will happen on these tours! On the Reach for the Sky Tour, the ROH World Television Title changed hands twice, while on the most recent War of the Worlds Tour, a New Japan star captured the World Television title!

Event Dates :
August 17th – RevPro Summer Sizzler 2017 @ York Hall - London , England

August 18th – WOTW UK Night 1 @ York Hall – London , England

August 19th – WOTW UK Night 2 @ Liverpool Olympia – Liverpool, England

August 20th – WOTW UK Night 3 @ Edinburgh Corn Exchange – Edinburgh , Scotland

More details to come, including ticket sale information, signed talent, and matches right here on http://www.ROHWrestling.com

For more information regarding Revolution Pro Wrestling visit http://www.revolutionprowrestling.com

For more information on CMLL , visit https://cmll.com/

For more information on NJPW, visit https://www.njpw1972.com/
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I hope this will be my second set of ROH events and maybe slightly more special if there is actual true mix of different talent.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wow, that's truly amazing. Hope that leads to seeing more British talent in ROH. ZSJ in ROH would be huuuuuuuuuuuge!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

OH MY FREAKING GOD! I NEED TICKETS FOR THESE, AND I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Huh. (!!) That’s bonkers.

a) That’s curtains for Field of Honor then? Good riddance.
b) New Japan talent is going to be extra hurty by that time in August. Probably wouldn’t have many singles matches featuring heavyweights.
c) I wonder if any of these will be PPVs or tapings.
d) Four days straight is absolutely brutal.
e) KENNY?????!
f) (IWGP UK Title????)
g) Europeans, please grab yourselves a ticket, lads.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

CMLL's Facebook says it'll be Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Atlantis, Mistico going to the UK for ROH/RevPro shows

no dragon lee,rush and hechicero :x
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote:Huh. (!!) That’s bonkers.

a) That’s curtains for Field of Honor then? Good riddance.
b) New Japan talent is going to be extra hurty by that time in August. Probably wouldn’t have many singles matches featuring heavyweights.
c) I wonder if any of these will be PPVs or tapings.
d) Four days straight is absolutely brutal.
e) KENNY?????!
f) (IWGP UK Title????)
g) Europeans, please grab yourselves a ticket, lads.

A) is it? Or maybe they're just doing it earlier?
(But I do see what you're saying. Although maybe these aren't supposed to be big ROH shows like last year's were so much as they're supposed to be big shows for this ROH/NJPW/CMLL/RPW alliance as a whole?)
b) agreed, but will of the other talent they'll really only need to send one or two guys.
c) I highly doubt it
d) yes.
e) see b.
f) please G-d no.
g) this.

Surprising news here, but certainly not unwelcome. This could be quite the all-star show if they limit the people they all use to just the big names and the Ultimo Guerrero/Yuji Nagata-esque nostalgia top guy level.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wonder why ROH and CMLL don't try anything along the US/Mexico border as far as co-promoted shows.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:I wonder why ROH and CMLL don't try anything along the US/Mexico border as far as co-promoted shows.
Yeah. It seems to be the most natural thing to do within this alliance and I haven't even heard whisper of it. A show co-promoted with CMLL somewhere like San Diego could draw quite well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:I wonder why ROH and CMLL don't try anything along the US/Mexico border as far as co-promoted shows.
Yeah. It seems to be the most natural thing to do within this alliance and I haven't even heard whisper of it. A show co-promoted with CMLL somewhere like San Diego could draw quite well.
San Diego, LA, Tijuana, El Paso, San Antonio...

Book all the major ROH and CMLL stars, grab a few NJPW guys like Tonga, Liger, Tanahashi, and Naito... sems like a no brainer.

ROH needs to try at least one show in Mexico. They're already running in 4 countries this year, why not make it 5? Especially considering the proximity and relative popularity of wrestling as it relates to Mexico.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'll probably start a thread for these shows shorty, just so that it stays fresh in everyone's minds.

Interesting timing on these shows, though. It's right after the G1 Climax ends. If they bring over any heavyweights, they're going to be SPENT.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

As for FOH, looking at the Brooklyn cyclones schedule, the only time they could do it, would be the week before the UK trip. All other weekends are have baseball games. But you'd think it would have been announced by now if they were doing it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There is no Field of Honor show this year at Brooklyn Cyclones Stadium. That had been a summer tradition with the team, which had drawn big crowds when they did TNA shows, once or twice topping 5,000 people. They drew smaller crowds with ROH shows in recent years, but they were still among ROH’s biggest shows each year, usually doing 1,500 to 2,000. Joe Koff said that they were unable to coordinate dates this summer, but were hoping to do a show there in 2018.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns Sam's Town Live in Las Vegas for two nights of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action only Ring of Honor can provide! DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XV will be broadcast around the globe live on Pay-Per-View from Las Vegas on Friday September 22 while ROH returns to Sam's Town Live the following night for an international TV taping!

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR has featured historic title matches, and an event where scores have been settled and rivalries started! All of your favorite ROH stars will be in action on both nights with championships to be decided and feuds to be resolved. If you are a Ringside Member you will be able to purchase tickets for this event on WEDNESDAY, MAY 31st at 10:00 AM EST. For the general public, tickets will go on sale FRIDAY, JUNE 2nd at 10:00 AM EST.

The best way to guarantee you are there live is to become an ROH Ringside Member. Ringside Membership gives you exclusive access to special ROH content as well as the chance to catch ROH TV online early! Plus, Ringside Members get discounts on ROH merchandise and access to exclusive pre- orders. Tickets for DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR and other events across the globe go on sale for Ringside Members days before they are made available to the general public.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Ufff, Las Vegas :( I hate Sam's Town and I hate Las Vegas's crowd. I don't know why they always go there 2-4 times a year.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I thought the crowd for the 15th Anniversary PPV was pretty good but most of the time the Vegas Crowds are crap. I'd like to see them hit Lowell, Massachusetts and Chicago Ridge more. And a Toronto PPV would be pretty fun too if they can get the logistics figured out.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:Yeah, I'd have to agree. I thought the crowd for the 15th Anniversary PPV was pretty good but most of the time the Vegas Crowds are crap. I'd like to see them hit Lowell, Massachusetts and Chicago Ridge more. And a Toronto PPV would be pretty fun too if they can get the logistics figured out.
They'll do this year's BITW in Lowell, which is cool. And yeah, Idk why they don't do any PPV un Chicago Ridge, it's an historic place for ROH.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:Yeah, I'd have to agree. I thought the crowd for the 15th Anniversary PPV was pretty good but most of the time the Vegas Crowds are crap. I'd like to see them hit Lowell, Massachusetts and Chicago Ridge more. And a Toronto PPV would be pretty fun too if they can get the logistics figured out.
They'll do this year's BITW in Lowell, which is cool. And yeah, Idk why they don't do any PPV un Chicago Ridge, it's an historic place for ROH.
And draws more than Vegas (this one last show excepted).
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

AlexROH wrote:
Because it's a pain in the ass to set-up because the building is for lack of a better term, a hole.