Official Gateway To Gold (Collinsville 6/4/17) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Official Gateway To Gold (Collinsville 6/4/17) Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

More than likely Gresham or White win it then some extra curricular activity from members of the Rebellion cost them their title shot...then again it could be rather uneventful like Road to Best In the World Night 1 in Carbonadale, IL from 2014.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I'd stop watching ROH if that happened.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Bully Ray and Mark Briscoe vs. Silas and BCB added. I wonder if Bully will cut a pre-match promo making it a No-DQ match, lol
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

If the gimmick of this gauntlet is guys who have never been the world champion, Mark Briscoe is a guy people could definitely get behind in it. He would work a lot better in that match than in this one.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

King of Indy Style wrote:Bully Ray and Mark Briscoe vs. Silas and BCB added. I wonder if Bully will cut a pre-match promo making it a No-DQ match, lol
Silas & Bruiser would be the most fitting opponents for that to happen though, they fit the brawling match style.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:Bully Ray and Mark Briscoe vs. Silas and BCB added. I wonder if Bully will cut a pre-match promo making it a No-DQ match, lol
Silas & Bruiser would be the most fitting opponents for that to happen though, they fit the brawling match style.
Which would be annoying because Silas and Bully just had a No DQs match that started off this way at Masters of the Craft. It really feels like we just keep getting the same matches over and over again.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Nobody has posted it yet, but Coast 2 Coast will be facing Titus & Coleman from The Rebellion in this show:

It cool to see how ROH is giving more and more bookings to Ali & Giovanni. They are very good wrestlers. If Delirious improve his midcard booking, some younger wrestlers will shine this year.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:Nobody has posted it yet, but Coast 2 Coast will be facing Titus & Coleman from The Rebellion in this show:
I find this often happens when they only post something on the bottom part of the website as opposed to the big changing banner where the news usually comes from. Why did they suddenly start posting news down there? And why can't they be consistent anymore one way or the other?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Coast 2 Coast should have been given the chance to grow on regular cards since 2016. I’d much rather them in showcase undercard matches than whatever the Rebellion is now.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I am a Shaheem Ali fanboy...yep, definitely gotta go to this.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:Coast 2 Coast should have been given the chance to grow on regular cards since 2016. I’d much rather them in showcase undercard matches than whatever the Rebellion is now.
If it's any consolation, my assumption is that Coast 2 Coast will be winning this one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Frankie Kazarian vs. Flip Gordon added:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AlexROH wrote:If Delirious improve his midcard booking, some younger wrestlers will shine this year.
That's a pretty fucking huge if right there
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

ROH just posted a daily update, and announced that the Bucks are wrestling Oi4K. I don't particularly care for them very much but I'd bet some people are pumped for this one
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:ROH just posted a daily update, and announced that the Bucks are wrestling Oi4K. I don't particularly care for them very much but I'd bet some people are pumped for this one
It's a cool match. They had a match 2 years ago at CZW that was very entertaining. Oi4K isn't my favourite tag team in the world, but the've done a lot of great things in AAW.

It surprise me a lot to see them in ROH. Dave Crist had (I think so) a contract with WWN. He won the first Style Battle Episode of 2017 and he's in FIP's biggest stable, Uncle John's Friends. So we could say that you can work for any WWN promotion (except EVOLVE) and take bookings from ROH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

One has to feel for the Crists returning time after time to ROH for enhancement matches. It's a Young Bucks match, so I'm sure it'll be alright.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully we get to see them more and this isn't a one shot deal, the tag team devision really needs more legimate teams even at the lower rungs of such a ladder and they would really add to that wether you like them or hate them.

If ROH is serious about rebuilding as a whole in all areas then it's teams and guys like these that will really help.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Isn't Dave Crist injured? I know he's missed the last two AAW shows and isn't booked for the next PWG show (while his brother is) which is after this ROH show he is supposedly doing. Any chance it is Jake Crist and Sami Callahan? Seems unlikely, but we are living in a world now where Chucky T has wrestled in ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

maxx_powerz wrote:Isn't Dave Crist injured? I know he's missed the last two AAW shows and isn't booked for the next PWG show (while his brother is) which is after this ROH show he is supposedly doing. Any chance it is Jake Crist and Sami Callahan? Seems unlikely, but we are living in a world now where Chucky T has wrestled in ROH.
He's an active wrestler, but here you have a little explanation he gave two weeks ago on Twitter: