ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

Post by King of Indy Style »

This is the thread for the Best in the World PPV, on June 23rd.

Last edited by King of Indy Style on Tue May 16, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexROH

Re: ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

Post by AlexROH »

I like Último, but I've never seen Terrible, how good is he? Btw, hope they come for some midcard internacional match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The stars of Ring of Honor return to Pay Per View Friday June 23 at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium with an INTERNATIONAL television taping the following night! As we get closer to one of ROH’s signature events, ROHWrestling.com will be announcing the stars that will be competing and the matches that have been signed. With an eye toward the best talents in the world, it is with great pleasure that we can announce CMLL stars Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible will be competing and taking part in the autograph signings on both nights!

A former CMLL World Heavyweight Champion and current NWA World Historic Middleweight Champion, the legendary Ultimo Guerrero returns to Ring of Honor in Massachusetts! One of the most decorated CMLL stars of all time, Ultimo Guerrero was last seen representing Team CMLL in the World Six Man Tag Team tournament. Guerrero recently successfully defended his NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship against The Kingdom’s Matt Taven in Mexico.

Joining Guerrero in ROH is a second CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, El Terrible! Terrible makes his Ring of Honor debut just outside of Boston and brings with him 25 years of professional wrestling experience! Terrible has a tremendous career record in both CMLL and NJPW competition and has held the CMLL Tag Team and Six Man championships.

These two legendary CMLL stars head to the United States to compete at Best in the World! Tickets are available right now – don’t miss your opportunity to see the legendary Ultimo Guerrero and the debuting El Terrible, live! Don’t miss what may be your only opportunity this year to see these two CMLL legends!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

also El Terrible is a member of bullet club in mexico.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:also El Terrible is a member of bullet club in mexico.
Is Bullet Club still a thing in Mexico? I thought Bullet Club LatinoAmerica wasn't a thing since 2013.
King of Indy Style

I kinda think that they have those two team up with a third guy (maybe Dragon Lee?) to wrestle Bully and The Briscoes
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote:
monster mafia wrote:also El Terrible is a member of bullet club in mexico.
Is Bullet Club still a thing in Mexico? I thought Bullet Club LatinoAmerica wasn't a thing since 2013.

maybe not anymore but they can put the man in it for this ppv..lets wait and see.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Predicted Card:
-Daniels vs. Cody-World Title

-Lethal vs. Silas Young (seeing this week's TV and the tapings results looks like that's where this one's going)

-Bully & Briscoes vs. The Kingdom-Six Man Tag Titles (I don't know if TKO will be back but I'll assume he's healed up by then, this match makes the most sense for the titles that make least sense)

-KUSHIDA vs. Scurll vs. Josh Woods-TV Title (Title rematch plus TPT winner, though I think they could work Ospreay into this match using possible BOSJ results but then again KUSHIDA is in a different block as Ospreay and Scurll and using results from BOSJ would require Ospreay to beat KUSHIDA in the final which I don't think he's winning again)

-Search and Destroy vs. The Rebellion-Elimination 8 Man Tag (Might as well wrap this feud up here, just like TKO though, I'm not sure of Kenny King's status because that reality show he's doing, but we'll assume he's going to be back. Would be awesome to see the return of Steel Cage Warfare but I don't think we'll ever see it back after the opportunity to bring it back hit them in the face with the Bullet Club last year and it wasn't brought back. Really this is a match to put over White or Gresham as a sole survivor overcoming a huge numbers disadvantage. Wrestling Cliched Finishes 101, people.)

-Page vs. Kazarian vs. Castle vs. Fish vs. Martinez vs. Ospreay-TV Title #1 Contender Six Man Mayhem (Ospreay or Woods in that sixth spot. Ospreay makes more sense to me as he is connected to Martinez from the post match of WOTW plus him, Castle, and Page have wins from WOTW, Fish has never had his rematch, Kazarian has issues with Page)

-Bucks vs. CMLL Guys-Tag Titles (Can't think of any other team to challenge the Bucks, may as well go with them)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

King of Indy Style wrote:ROH announced CMLL Stars Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible will be competing at the show.
Since you started the thread, would you be willing to add the card/poster/etc as things get announced over the next few weeks? Thanks!
King of Indy Style

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:ROH announced CMLL Stars Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible will be competing at the show.
Since you started the thread, would you be willing to add the card/poster/etc as things get announced over the next few weeks? Thanks!
I'll try, but I haven't figured out to add pictures, but as matches get announced, I'll definitely add matches. And I'll fiddle around, try to get it figured out.

EDIT: Looks like I already did, ahahahaha :lol:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Damn, Negro Casas is like the only one I want to see from CMLL and they refuse to bring him in!
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mike Adamle wrote:Damn, Negro Casas is like the only one I want to see from CMLL and they refuse to bring him in!
Probably the name...wouldn't go over well with whiny SJWs, "NEGRO?! RACIST!!!!"
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

id think War Machine is getting the tag title shot if they are available.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So CMLL is sending over two old f*cks? Just stick 'em in a Scramble match and get them off my screen as soon as possible.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine wrote:So CMLL is sending over two old f*cks? Just stick 'em in a Scramble match and get them off my screen as soon as possible.
man...do you know who ultimo guerreo is?...sometimes you are rude.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Amen BRM.

I'd rather see the Spirit Squad.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:So CMLL is sending over two old f*cks? Just stick 'em in a Scramble match and get them off my screen as soon as possible.
man...do you know who ultimo guerreo is?...sometimes you are rude.
I do. And I saw him when he came in last year and he stunk. These guys are old and can't go anymore. ROH gains nothing by bringing them in.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

dhads7161 wrote: (I don't know if TKO will be back but I'll assume he's healed up by then, this match makes the most sense for the titles that make least sense)
Didn't he like break his shin? If so, I wouldn't expect him back that soon
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I imagine Matt Taven will be facing one or either both of the CMLL guys in a Tag or singles match, I wonder if Matt Taven is in line for the title that is currently being worn buy EL Terrible.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

dhads7161 wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Damn, Negro Casas is like the only one I want to see from CMLL and they refuse to bring him in!
Probably the name...wouldn't go over well with whiny SJWs, "NEGRO?! RACIST!!!!"
Everyone knows negro is black in Spanish, which coincidentally is the language they speak in CMLL! Shocking! Would it really be that hard?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.