Official War of the worlds tour (TV Tapings) thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Official War of the worlds tour (TV Tapings) thread

Post by monster mafia »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Philadelphia, PA on Sunday May 14th!

For the fourth-consecutive year, the stars of Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling will do battle with and against one another on the War of the Worlds Tour! Titles will be contested and dream matches realized as all of your favorite stars from ROH and NJPW do battle in Toronto, Dearborn, New York City, and Philadelphia! With the relationship between ROH and NJPW stronger than ever, tickets have moved fast and these events will sell out. If you are considering coming, do not hesitate! Time is of the essence – get your tickets now!

Episode 1

Tempura Boyz def Coast to Coast with a Package Piledriver

The Bucks introduced Scurll as the newest member of the Bullet Club

Josh Woods def David Starr with a rolling knee bar

Jay Lethal def Beer City Bruiser via DQ after Silas Young who had been on commentary interfered in the match

Cody Rhodes def Frankie Kazarian with the Cross Rhodes

Episode 2

Women of Honor exclusive: Sumi Sakai & Gabby Ortiz def Bonesaw Jessie Brooks & Tasha Steelz with a Northern Lights

War Machine def Will Ferrara & Cheeseburger

Naito, BUSHI, Sanada, and EVIL def Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Bully Ray, and Dalton Castle after Bushi Mist

Hangman Page def Adam Cole after two Rites of Passage

Episode 3

Kelly Klein def Mandy Rose with a suplex into guillotine

RPG VICE & Chuck Taylor def Hangman Page & Young Bucks when Taylor hit Matt Jackson with the awful waffle

Rebellion vs Jay White & Jonathan Gresham ruled a no contest after Kenny King & the MCMG interfered in the match

ROH TV Title
KUSHIDA def Marty Scurll to win the TV Title with the somersault package ddt
– Adam Cole did a lights out distraction

Episode 4 (ROH 300th Episode)

Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser def Jay Lethal and Bobby Fish when Silas pinned Lethal with the spinning TKO

The Kingdom def The Boys

Punishment Martinez def Jay Diesel after a sit out chokeslam

Addiction (ROH World Champion Christopher Daniels * Frankie Kazarian) & Tanahashi def Gedo, Will Ospreay, & Goto when Daniels hit the BME on Gedo

ROH Web Exclusive: Philadelphia Street Fight
Marty Scurll def Adam Cole with help from the Bullet Club

After the match a huge Thank You Adam chants and more
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official War of the worlds tour (TV Tapings) thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well look who finally showed up in ROH....

King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Oh my fucking god, KUSHIDA won the TV Title!!!

https://twitter.com/MichaelLangan2/stat ... 2273244161

According to Twitter, the lights went out and Cole appeared in Marty's clothing and distracted him, which led to KUSHIDA hitting a big Somersault Package DDT for the pin. It REALLY looks like they're building Scull vs. Cole for BITW
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

It's about damn time.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Crazy results. New ROH TV Champion which makes sense if they can get it on the USA NJPW events
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

looks great these tv tapings...

im worried about the main event scene,i hope they put marty in that spot

Chuckie T Chuckie T Chuckie T!..AWESOME,FINALLY!

im gonna miss adam cole so much..thank you adam.
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Looks like this was Cole's last night. The live audience got Cole/Scurll in a Philly Street Fight, which was announced as an ROH.com Exclusive match. Cole gave a farewell speech post match, after losing via ref stoppage when Marty gave multiple elbow smashes
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Now Cole is a true loss for ROH.

Good to see him put someone over going out the door too.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

If Cole vs Marty is a ROH.com exclusive match that means he'll on WWE TV by the time the macth airs.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

While there aren’t a whole lot of moves played for long-term stories, at least some STUFF happened at the tapings to make it significant.

Short-term, I have no idea why they would choose Cody to challenge (and defeat) Daniels at Best in the World when Scurll is pretty much groomed for it right now. (Oh, wait, I do know. It’s been right about sixth months since he signed his contact, wink wink.)
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wrestling Observer posted detailed results: http://www.f4wonline.com/roh-results/ro ... um=twitter

There'll be another taping before BITW, but looking at the booking, we'll get:

- Daniels vs Cody
- Kaz vs Page (maybe a Street Fight or something like that)
- S&D vs Rebellion (losing team has to disband)
- Bully & Briscoes vs Bareta/Romero/Taylor (?)
- Something between Silas/Bruiser and Lethal/Fish
- ¿Josh Woods facing the TV champ? They did not say anything, but he should get his title shot soon.

Talking aboyt the disband match. I think The Rebellion should won. Not bc I like them better than S&D, but Coleman, Titus, King and Taylor, without the stable, would be lost in the middle of nothing. On the other hand, Gresham and White could do well on singles and MCMG are great for the tag division.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

AlexROH wrote:Wrestling Observer posted detailed results: http://www.f4wonline.com/roh-results/ro ... um=twitter

- Daniels vs Cody
- ¿Josh Woods facing the TV champ? They did not say anything, but he should get his title shot soon.

Talking aboyt the disband match. I think The Rebellion should won. Not bc I like them better than S&D, but Coleman, Titus, King and Taylor, without the stable, would be lost in the middle of nothing. On the other hand, Gresham and White could do well on singles and MCMG are great for the tag division.
It would make sense because KUSHIDA would probably get a solid match from Woods. And Chuck pinned one of the Bucks, so I hope they go Best Friends vs. Bucks
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Tempura Boyz def Coast to Coast with a Package Piledriver
Why are they wasting TV time with this?
monster mafia wrote: War Machine def Will Ferrara & Cheeseburger
Or this?
monster mafia wrote: Naito, BUSHI, Sanada, and EVIL def Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Bully Ray, and Dalton Castle after Bushi Mist
So let me get this straight: First LIJ are awarded a title shot for no reason whatsoever and Bully & the Briscoes beat them clean. Then, on the last show of the tour, LIJ beat them. That seems pretty backwards if you ask me. It is completely astounding how much better this tour would have been with just a few changes, all of which are changes that it makes perfect sense to make based on established ROH traditions and basic rules of both booking and storytelling, and yet Delirious insists on doing things in a way that just make everything pointless instead.
If I may:
Change the Toronto card by booking the Martinez vs. Naito singles match there, stick BUSHI and Taven in Martinez's place turning that match from a three-way into a much more traditional Four Corner Survival (and you can even try to hype it up as LIJ vs. Bullet Club vs. Kingdom vs. a member of the six-man tag champs), and stuff Vinny "I'm clearly only getting booked because I'm blowing someone" Marseglia on the pre-show (or better yet, save yourself some money and your fans a lot of grief and just don't book him at all).
Having done the Martinez vs. Naito singles match in Toronto Naito is now freed up to be in an eight-man with his LIJ pals against the six-man tag champs and Dalton Castle. This frees up Bobby Fish to finally get his rematch for the TV Title after six freakin' months, which I'm sure we can all agree is a lot more exciting and will be a much better match than doing a pointless seven way Proving Ground Instant Reward match to lead to f*cking CHEESEBURGER getting a shot at the TV Title. The other six guys in the Proving Ground match could just open the show with a regular Six Man Scramble. LIJ can win the their eight-man tag which can then be used to justify giving them a title shot at TV Tapings where the champs retain, so this way we've got the title shot both actually being earned and on TV rather than having these guys get a title shot for no reason and with no build at a house show where they lose clean and then having them get a dirty win over the champs on TV before leaving town.
monster mafia wrote: Hangman Page def Adam Cole after two Rites of Passage
Nice to see Page finally get that big win that will definitely put him over the hump. For the fourth time.

monster mafia wrote: RPG VICE & Chuck Taylor def Hangman Page & Young Bucks when Taylor hit Matt Jackson with the awful waffle
And he's right back being on the losing side of things.
monster mafia wrote: Rebellion vs Jay White & Jonathan Gresham ruled a no contest after Kenny King & the MCMG interfered in the match
I like how these factions have wrestled each other on all four shows of this tour and absolutely nothing has happened to move it forward in any way.
monster mafia wrote: ROH TV Title
KUSHIDA def Marty Scurll to win the TV Title with the somersault package ddt
– Adam Cole did a lights out distraction
I f*cking HATE this lights out bullsh*t SO MUCH! If Adam Cole has these magical powers then why has he never used them to prevent himself from losing a match?
monster mafia wrote:
The Kingdom def The Boys

Punishment Martinez def Jay Diesel after a sit out chokeslam
More pointless crap.

Four episodes of TV- fourteen matches, of which we get:
- 1 match between jobber tag teams
- Either 4 pointless squashes or 3 pointless squashes and one match where two thirds of the former ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions and a team that beat Adam Cole & the Young Bucks cleanly has trouble beating Dalton Castle's jobber manservants.
- 4 non-clean finishes (plus interference in a web exclusive match).

And that's without me even factoring in the pointlessness of the Addiction & Tanahashi vs. CHAOS match.
monster mafia wrote: ROH Web Exclusive: Philadelphia Street Fight
Marty Scurll def Adam Cole with help from the Bullet Club
So is this just going to be a free match they put on YouTube or something?
And if Cole is leaving town, why can't he put someone over CLEAN?!
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:
Assuming that there was some rule that said that all of these guys HAD to continue to be used I would agree with you, as the guys in The Rebellion definitely get more from being in The Rebellion than the guys in S&D do from being in S&D, but what I would really like to see happen is for S&D to win, leading to a storyline where Taylor blames The Rebellion for holding him back by sucking so much and starts to take them out one by one. I'd use this to write Caprice out (Taylor would utterly destroy him during their match) and write Rhett out (at least for a while) and turn Kenny King into a babyface feuding with Taylor. This could last you through the summer or so, by which point you will hopefully have made enough of Taylor to the point where you can start booking him against some upper-card guys over the course of the fall to determine if he is worth resigning or not.
I also think that S&D losing here would pretty much make MCMG look like total failures. They didn't win the tag belts so they put together this stable of guys to mentor and over the course of eight months they do absolutely nothing and the group already starts to break down on its own? It wold make them look really pathetic to lose here. (Not that you can't do something with that as a storyline coming out of the loss, but we really don't need yet another smarmy heel tag team in this company).
Big Red Machine

King of Indy Style wrote: And Chuck pinned one of the Bucks, so I hope they go Best Friends vs. Bucks
Huh. I didn't pick up on that part of it. This makes me feel a little better than I did when I thought they were going right back to Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i love you Big Red Machine.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

King of Indy Style wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Wrestling Observer posted detailed results: http://www.f4wonline.com/roh-results/ro ... um=twitter

- Daniels vs Cody

Yeah, I would think that we're getting Best Friends vs. The Young Bucks on the next PPV. You don't have Chuck Taylor pin one-half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions on his first night in if he's not getting a title shot.

It would make sense because KUSHIDA would probably get a solid match from Woods. And Chuck pinned one of the Bucks, so I hope they go Best Friends vs. Bucks
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Wilson wrote:While there aren’t a whole lot of moves played for long-term stories, at least some STUFF happened at the tapings to make it significant.

Short-term, I have no idea why they would choose Cody to challenge (and defeat) Daniels at Best in the World when Scurll is pretty much groomed for it right now. (Oh, wait, I do know. It’s been right about sixth months since he signed his contact, wink wink.)
I was curious about this as well. It's been about six months. I guess the telling sign will be if Marty Scurll is booked again after Best Of The Super Juniors. He for sure won't be on the shows in Chicago Ridge or Collinsville, since that's during the tournament, which means the next show he could feasibly be on would be Best In The World. He could be taking that six-month out, but he was all over the TV Tapings last night, and I don't think they would do that massive angle on the PPV if Scurll was going to vanish from the product shortly thereafter. Then again, this is ROH we're talking about, so I guess time will tell.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote:i love you Big Red Machine.
It just really bothers me when this sh*t takes me, like, two minutes to think of and there is an asshole who literally gets paid to think about this stuff that doesn't come up with it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It will be interesting to see if we get Chuck full time, rather than just this one off appearance, I hope we do as he improved a ton as a wrestler, and has a lot of momemtum behing him right now.

I'm just wondering at best in the world do you think we could get RPV/Chuck vs Bucks/Marty at BITW then that leads to say the bucks taking out Rockey and then we have Best Freinds against the Bucks for a while maybe even to Final Battle where Best Freinds take the title maybe book Best Freinds similarly to how Steen and Generico were booked going for that first title.