The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The company is looking at a lot of indies in the U.S. as people who work for the WWE Network will be attending shows over the next several months
Right now the reaction regarding the vignettes the last couple of weeks on Roderick Strong is extremely positive. The feeling is there has been a huge difference in the reaction he’s been getting at the live shows, so the experiment to see if that type of thing is effective seemingly was answered positively
Ember Moon will be out of action for at least four to five more weeks. There was an angle done on television where Asuka attacked her on the NXT show and it was written that she suffered a grade one shoulder sprain. That aspect was storyline. People in the company have said the angle was a cover for a legit injury, similar to what happened with Strowman this week on Raw. She’s had her arm in a sling and also out of the sling at the Performance Center of late. That puts her out of action in the Takeover show on 5/20 in Chicago. The match now will be Asuka defending in a three-way against Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross
Besides Jurn Simmons, the wXw world champion, also at tryouts in the U.K. included RevPro tag team champions Travis Banks & Chris Brookes as well as TK Cooper and Flash Morgan Webster
Io Shirai hasn’t signed yet and her coming to Orlando in late March to the Performance Center as WWE recruiting didn’t go swimmingly from her standpoint. Shirai is Stardom’s biggest star and Hojo was No. 2. Stardom would be able to survive losing one, but losing both, particularly if Mayu Iwatani also retires, would be devastating. Asuka, then known as Kana, was the top star with the promotion before Shirai and Hojo. Hojo is an excellent worker and is 28 years old, but smaller than most of the WWE women.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Being a metal guy I think Aleistar Black as an extremely kick ass ring entrance.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

After watching Hideo Itami/Roderick Strong, it is of my opinion that Itami has lost a few steps due to his injuries over the past few years. Roddy looked fucking brilliant in this match though. Post match beatdown by Sanity gives Roddy babyface rub. Combine that with the vignettes of Strong the past few weeks and Roddy is going to get over in NXT and eventually the NXT title. Nigel is always pushing Roderick on color. Who wouldn't? I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Roderick Strong is absolutely one of the premiere wrestlers in the world today.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I just don't understand the Itami title shot at all. They just brought in two guys with hype from a great 2016 (Hero & McIntyre) and Strong still has some buzz from 2015. Pushing Itami feels like throwing good money at bad at this point.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per Joe Lanza, Hero still has plenty of enemies and the Hero we fell in love with over the past few years is a bygone era.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote:I just don't understand the Itami title shot at all. They just brought in two guys with hype from a great 2016 (Hero & McIntyre) and Strong still has some buzz from 2015. Pushing Itami feels like throwing good money at bad at this point.
Yeah, no shit right? Just not feeling this Roode/Itami match at all. Part of me wonders if this end of Itami. He has had an injury riddled run in NXT. Triple H might be forcing this match to at least get some of a return on Itami.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Per Joe Lanza, Hero still has plenty of enemies and the Hero we fell in love with over the past few years is a bygone era.
Well that's fucked up.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

After watching takeover chicago, just wanted to share my NXT Takeover Brooklyn III Predictions

NXT Title
Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre vs Adam Cole

NXT Women's Title
Asuka vs Ember Moon

NXT Tag Titles
Authors Of Pain vs ReDRagon

UK Championship 30 Minute Iron Man
Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate

Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

Hideo Itami vs Kassius Ohno

Aleister Black & Roderick Strong vs Sanity
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Super stoked to hear Ranallo with Nigel. Triple H is proving to be a smart fucking businessman. Ranallo is perfect for NXT.

Liked the Roddy/Roode backstage altercation. Keeping Roddy off the mic while still getting babyface sympathy is smart. Roode just screams main roster. He is just fucking brilliant as a heel.

Black/Ohno was a really God damn good match. They told a really nice story in the ring. Black gets clean win. I have liked Black for a long time and appreciate how they are using him. Props to Ohno for being such a good wrestler. He is a joy to watch in the ring.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Excellent article on Aleister Black. I am a total mark for this guy.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... ising.html
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Another aspect being talked about is to send one or more wrestlers from the main roster to NXT. Names in particular would be people who were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply isn’t going to push even if they are over, or people who are doing nothing on the main roster with the idea they could be more useful as major players on NXT
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

so you're telling me no matter what he does, Bobby Roode will never escape Orlando?

what did he do to deserve this
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

For one, he's yet to display any kind of commanding charisma in his promos whether they're in-ring, backstage, or taped as sit down interviews. While his matches can go as far as to be labeled as outstanding to some, none of them have provided any kind of truly unforgettably well-timed, dramatic moments.

I'd actually expect him to graduate next year, and for him to thrive on the main roster against more blue-collar type characters such as Ambrose, Zayn, and Owens. Perhaps that's what Roode really needs to help him step his game up as an actual personality - a tremendous promo foil.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Really good match between Aleister Black and the debuting Kyle O'Reilly. Kyle had an excellent showing and was treated like a big deal. These two need to have another match again for sure.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So...for the most part at previous Takeover events a newly signed wrestler is shown in the crowd. Will Adam Cole show up at the upcoming one?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

An Honorable Takeover is the murmur.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 pm So...for the most part at previous Takeover events a newly signed wrestler is shown in the crowd. Will Adam Cole show up at the upcoming one?
Yes, well at least on the show.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Part one of my three part Summerslam review Series is a review of NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 3. Part 2 is up in the WWE Thread FYI.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestl ... nt-bay-bay