Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

JTCole wrote:WWE has toned down their weird name thing over the years.
Tell that to Biff Busick and Manny Garcia.

You can't do much worse than Oney Lorcan or No Way Jose. Not that Biff Busick was a great name to begin with, but damn.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

famicommander wrote:
JTCole wrote:WWE has toned down their weird name thing over the years.
Tell that to Biff Busick and Manny Garcia.

You can't do much worse than Oney Lorcan or No Way Jose. Not that Biff Busick was a great name to begin with, but damn.
I meant double names.

And Biff chose that name himself allegedly.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Will Ospreay and Dragon Lee should become a tag team.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Lethal vs KUSHIDA I from War of the Worlds 2014 is your new TBT video! I hope they keep doing this every week.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Does anyone know how much the replica championships are? Unless I'm just blind and can't see it, they don't have them on the website anymore. And I kinda want to get one.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

There was a paragraph on PWinsider's coverage of ROH a few weeks ago, regarding a ongoing lawsuit with two parties that ROH has used, both in creating and I selling the merchandise and I think Replica Belts were the main issue here. So that could be reason why you can't find any for the time being.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH should try different cities for the WOTW tour next year. Keep NYC or Toronto for the PPV as those are PPV size venues. Give the rest of the tour to cities who haven't seen an ROH/NJPW card like San Antonio, Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, Lakeland, Ft. Lauderdale, Charlotte, or Collinsville. Give Baltimore the TV taping. It could drive up attendance in some of those towns.
nickdiamante

Post by nickdiamante »

isles11 wrote:Does anyone know how much the replica championships are? Unless I'm just blind and can't see it, they don't have them on the website anymore. And I kinda want to get one.
I live in Toronto, and I ordered the ROH Championship from Figures Toy Company: http://figurestoycompany.com/search.aspx?find=ROH+BELT

This was about 2 years ago, and I paid around $400 plus taxes. I don't see them on this website anymore, however.

The last 2 times I saw ROH live, they were selling them at the event. That might be your best bet.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Yea. I was planning on getting it a show. $400? Ok.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm not mistaken, their is a lawsuit pending between Figures Toy Company and the designers of the ROH titles. This is why the belts have been removed.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

In light of the incoming War of the Worlds tour, I was thinking of rebadging Burnside's gimmick (RIP in peace, old friend) by hosting another season of the ROH FANTASY LEAGUE.

Does anyone still have the energy to participate?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Billy Corgan has bought the NWA.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=109356

i read that in the past he met with roh officials, so this new is interesting too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I have taken to complaining about the video quality in the comments box every time I buy a VOD show.

Hopefully you all do the same.

ROH Unauthorized looked like a VHS tape that had been put in a microwave on my 4K TV. Low bitrate 480p is unacceptable in 2017.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Last month during WrestleMania weekend, SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan was interviewed by Inside The Ropes and commented on the possibility of getting back in the ring. It doesn’t seem like WWE is going to give Bryan the green light to wrestle while he’s under contract, but Bryan sounds open to wrestling after his WWE contract expires.

“IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL MY HEALTH IS AND HOW MY WIFE FEELS MY HEALTH IS. IF WE FEEL MY HEALTH IS GOOD, I LOVE TO WRESTLE AND I’M GOING TO GO WRESTLE. IF WE FEEL AT THAT POINT THAT ITS NOT GOOD, WE’LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.”
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

He'll wrestle again.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Zack Sabre, Jr. or Matt Riddle against Bryan Danielson in a PWG Ring. Hopefully both. If Bryan does leave, I feel pretty confident that'd happen and I know for a fact it's gonna be amazeballs.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He has already talked about wanting to work a CMLL Anniversary Show.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Not a big fan of wanting to see Danielson in the ring wrestling again. I never thought Michael Jordan should have came back out of retirement after the Chicago Bulls sixth championship. Danielson had an awesome retirement speech. Not to mention the guy has milquetoast for grey matter in his brain. He should just enjoy life at this time.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the retire thing was forced by wwe...im agree that he has nothing to prove to anyone but fuck...if he feels good why not?

a selfish part of me wants dragon back in roh, njpw etc...but for the other part he has a family, a kid...he needs to be sure of what he is gonna do.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

monster mafia wrote:the retire thing was forced by wwe...im agree that he has nothing to prove to anyone but fuck...if he feels good why not?

a selfish part of me wants dragon back in roh, njpw etc...but for the other part he has a family, a kid...he needs to be sure of what he is gonna do.
His retirement was not forced on him, he had a legit medical diagnosis warning him not to wrestle.

Personally I'd rather not see him potentially die in a fucking wrestling ring especially after he just became a father. It's not worth it.