ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert1

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by rovert1 »

monster mafia wrote:omega for si

“In terms of being ROH champion, it’s never been a viable goal since I’ve only ever been in title contention once in my career. If I were ever in a position to appear more for ROH, I would accept nothing less than to be recognized as the best – which would mean having to challenge the top dogs/champions.”
You don't have to closely read between the lines on this one.
Last edited by rovert1 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:omega for si

“In terms of being ROH champion, it’s never been a viable goal since I’ve only ever been in title contention once in my career. If I were ever in a position to appear more for ROH, I would accept nothing less than to be recognized as the best – which would mean having to challenge the top dogs/champions.”
I absolutely love it when wrestlers keep kayfabe interviews.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It seems to me that Omega is basically saying "fuck you, I'm not showing up for a random match against [Insert midcarder's name here] or pointless tag matches". I guess it works both in kayfabe and outside, but kinda shits on ROH for being fifth-rate garbage below "Road to" house shows in Bumfuck, Japan.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:It seems to me that Omega is basically saying "fuck you, I'm not showing up for a random match against [Insert midcarder's name here] or pointless tag matches". I guess it works both in kayfabe and outside, but kinda shits on ROH for being fifth-rate garbage below "Road to" house shows in Bumfuck, Japan.
I actually read it as saying "well if my visa situation were different I would be able to show up more, but because I can't show up often enough it makes no sense for me to be in the title picture.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Thelone wrote:It seems to me that Omega is basically saying "fuck you, I'm not showing up for a random match against [Insert midcarder's name here] or pointless tag matches". I guess it works both in kayfabe and outside, but kinda shits on ROH for being fifth-rate garbage below "Road to" house shows in Bumfuck, Japan.
I actually read it as saying "well if my visa situation were different I would be able to show up more, but because I can't show up often enough it makes no sense for me to be in the title picture.
Myself, as well. Also, he and Cole's portions were very much in kayfabe and were really entertaining.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Does anyone have more visa issues than Omega? What is the deal? Is it really that hard for the U.S. to approve his visa?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote:Does anyone have more visa issues than Omega? What is the deal? Is it really that hard for the U.S. to approve his visa?
I imagine his is more complicated than most because he's a Canadian citizen who lives in Japan and works for a Japanese company. Probably easier for Japanese nationals.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

It isn't a Visa issue.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

rovert1 wrote:It isn't a Visa issue.
I've never known what is the real situation between ROH and Omega. Could you explain me why he left back in 2008 and why he isn't taking more booking now? When he returned for the Anniversary in Las Vegas, WO and PWInsider said that Omega was going to be "the new AJ Styles" in ROH, taking more bookings and all of that. But then, nothing happended.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:
I've never known what is the real situation between ROH and Omega. Could you explain me why he left back in 2008 and why he isn't taking more booking now? When he returned for the Anniversary in Las Vegas, WO and PWInsider said that Omega was going to be "the new AJ Styles" in ROH, taking more bookings and all of that. But then, nothing happended.
I thought I read that he worked that show without a visa and they didn't want to risk him getting barred from the US for a long time like Speedball was.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I also thought it was an issue with Cary shortchanging him back in 2008. More than just the visa issue.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I also thought it was an issue with Cary shortchanging him back in 2008. More than just the visa issue.
Couldn't have been 08, as he worked a good chunk of dates for ROH in 2009 and a couple in 2010 as well. Also, I figured that that issue went out the door when Cary did, hence Omega coming back for the Toronto NJPW shows last year.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Does it have to do with either with prioritizing his health or maintaining his own--“brand awareness,” let’s say?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

answer men...do something.
Big Red Machine

I'm not quite sure how this hasn't been brought up yet, but am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if ROH brought Devon in to give us Dudleys vs. Briscoes?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm not quite sure how this hasn't been brought up yet, but am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if ROH brought Devon in to give us Dudleys vs. Briscoes?
Doesn't he work as an agent in WWE now?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I also thought it was an issue with Cary shortchanging him back in 2008. More than just the visa issue.
Couldn't have been 08, as he worked a good chunk of dates for ROH in 2009 and a couple in 2010 as well. Also, I figured that that issue went out the door when Cary did, hence Omega coming back for the Toronto NJPW shows last year.
You're probably right. Omega will have his visa issues resolved in plenty of time for the NJPW shows in California though so I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm not quite sure how this hasn't been brought up yet, but am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if ROH brought Devon in to give us Dudleys vs. Briscoes?
Meh.

This kind of nostalgia pandering seems out of your wheelhouse BRM.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Meh.

This kind of nostalgia pandering seems out of your wheelhouse BRM.
I think the Dudleys still have a few great matches left in this as a team and loud-talking hard-hitting like the Briscoes are perfect opponents for them.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

D'Von is pretty useless and expired now. Just book Jay vs. Bully in a series of plunder matches.