Official Charm City Excellence (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

Re: Official Charm City Excellence (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Very glad to see Woods win. Also very cool to see David Starr get pushed into a program with him. Should be fun. He said in his Reddit AMA he's booked for next month's TV tapings in Philly, so we should get continuation of this there.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

monster mafia wrote:who cares..he is back and a match with marty can be great.

i meant Starr
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Sydal being back is a very good thing. The appearance of the Spirit Squad is the opposite of that.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:Sydal being back is a very good thing. The appearance of the Spirit Squad is the opposite of that.
The former was great to read about. The latter I would hope is just a one shot deal.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I really missed Sydal. One of the most consistent wrestlers out there. He won't have blow away matches but he'll always have a fun, good match. Him and Marty should be a blast.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Sydal being back is a very good thing. The appearance of the Spirit Squad is the opposite of that.
The former was great to read about. The latter I would hope is just a one shot deal.
Even for a one-shot deal it's bad. They're a joke gimmick and have no place in ROH.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I agree, but the damage is done and we must suffer through this terrible decision. Ergo, I hope its a one shot deal so the agony ends there.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

During the tapings, Rich who was there said that the reaction to Sydal wasn't strong. Kinda hoping it was just his area. Hopefully Sydal is back on the full rotation.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

dark patriot wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Sydal is back, AWESOME! And going to feud with Villain, AWESOMER!!

David Starr became my new favorite indy talent last week, was thinking all week how I'd 'love to see ROH bring him in, AWESOMERER!!!
how'd he earn that honor if i may ask?
Just the charisma he exuded. I got into every twitch he made in the three matches I saw him in. Now have been watching him on YouTube since I got home on Thursday.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i used to see Starr all over the place but since he gets booked so much in Europe lately i dont see him often. glad to hear he made a good impression.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

cgstong wrote:During the tapings, Rich who was there said that the reaction to Sydal wasn't strong. Kinda hoping it was just his area. Hopefully Sydal is back on the full rotation.
I'd heard Flip Gordon, his opponent, was very impressive in his match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

David Starr is a good dude as well....genuine nice guy. I'm glad to see him get a crack at ROH. Hoping for great things for him...
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Yet another full house for ROH with these tapings.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote:
cgstong wrote:During the tapings, Rich who was there said that the reaction to Sydal wasn't strong. Kinda hoping it was just his area. Hopefully Sydal is back on the full rotation.
I'd heard Flip Gordon, his opponent, was very impressive in his match.
Good, he needs to be signed up as he upside is very high, he would add that athletic type high flyer that isn't always present in ROH. He is certainly someone to watch anyway as he has alot going for him.

With regards to the Sydal reaction I've always found his reaction is always from the match, get some matches behind again and he will get a good reaction back.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

The reaction wasn't strong either, but I think part of that is Sydal's music. It's so mellow and has a generic sounding hook in the beginning.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

I have been watching a lot of Flip Gordon recently, and he has become one of my favourites. Hope ROH signs him, he could have great matches with Ospreay, Dragon Lee, etc.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Good to see Matt Sydal back. I was wondering when he was going to come back (I figured he would eventually).

As for David Starr, it's great to see him in ROH. He's been really killing it overseas in Europe over the last year, particularly in wXw.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

TowerOfDoom wrote:I have been watching a lot of Flip Gordon recently, and he has become one of my favourites. Hope ROH signs him, he could have great matches with Ospreay, Dragon Lee, etc.
I think he is a better prospect than Lio Rush to boot. A little bit older than Rush but just as fluid, just as good a flyer, and I would bet has 1/5th the maturity issues Rush does.
rovert

Post by rovert »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
TowerOfDoom wrote:I have been watching a lot of Flip Gordon recently, and he has become one of my favourites. Hope ROH signs him, he could have great matches with Ospreay, Dragon Lee, etc.
I think he is a better prospect than Lio Rush to boot. A little bit older than Rush but just as fluid, just as good a flyer, and I would bet has 1/5th the maturity issues Rush does.
He's a huge homophobe online so no.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Has Rush ever done anything that would place his professionalism into auestion? Is being ambitious about one's career immature? He pretty much endured a year of prolonged losses, and there was a hardly a peep heard from him about it.