Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JTCole wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:It aint ballet.
This mindset is the reason a ton of wrestlers are now dead you realize.
I am blown away that we are even having to have this conversation here.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:It aint ballet.
Yeah it's also a profession where you expect your body to be protected by the person you are giving it up to. The move is probably stupid regardless of how it ended up but the fact is Vinny didn't have enough strength to enable the 'Boy' to be protected. These guys are meant to be 'Professional' wrestlers, professional being a word that's getting lost these days, a guy can still be green but safe and sound in how he handles his own body and others and it happens far to often these days that the later isn't happening.

Dives especially are becoming stupid for some to do honestly if you can't catch someone or the you can't land on your feet or ass just don't do them, fuck us as a crowd in all honesty we are demanding too much.

Awesome post Hammer. Agree 1 million percent. You have to put a certain amount of trust in the guy you are dancing with. If he cant be counted on to protect you, then that's a huge problem.

That spot was nasty, 85Live can correct me if I'm wrong, but we cringed when we were watching it live, I believe he actually hit somewhat jaw first if I remember right.

Sweet Daddy....come on now, you are a guy that's been between the ropes, you are better than that brother.

I don't know if its a situation where you don't hold the person involved in the highest regard, but put yourself in that spot. If you were the one on the end of that taking that fall, you sure wouldn't want some jack wagon on the other side of the rail yelling at you to get up screaming "it ain't ballet".....

Nothing wrong with feeling bad for him and wishing him the best...
You certainly do, of course it's a physical business but you can still be physical and make sure someone lands correctly, supposedly a flat back pump is taught to you to protect you well I think wrestlers need to do it more.

You can have all the traps and big neck in the world but landing on your neck/head in a curled position just makes me cringe rather jump up going yes that was amazing. Do people really want to see a situation like Danielson where you have guys you are huge fans of suffering seizures which you don't know about. I don't know if many have seen it but there is match you can watch for free online with Travis Banks where he cracks his head open because a dive and fucking awful catch attempt and possible landing as well and still wrestles. Now that turns me away rather than wanting to get my comp out and watch it.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So in an annoying - but I suppose, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - moment, Christopher Daniels when defending the ROH World Championship, after a ref bump, was pinned for about 6 seconds by El Ligero for WCPW.

I know ROH probably doesn't even pay attention, but yeah, sort of weird to see during the match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They might more than we think they do. ROH has been featured quite a bit, in fact a few weeks ago they had an 'ROH Showcase' match between Silas Young and Delirious. There's also been quite a few ROH World title matches in WCPW.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I have 25€ for some ROH compilations but I don't know what to do. I can do two things:

A) Buy Austin Aries' The Greatest Man That Ever Lived DVD (I haven't watched the stuff from his 08-09 period and I'm a big fan of his work in 04-07).

B) Buy Davey Richard's American Wolf DVD and Eddied Edwards' Die Hard DVD (I like Davey's work, but I'm not his biggest fan, and I haven't watch Eddie's work in singles, just his stuff with Davey as a tag team)

I think Austin Aries' DVD is awesome, but the Eddie and Davey compilation in 6,99 each, so I would like to know if it would be better to spend the money in their DVDs.
The Dragon Saga

TYFDK wrote:They might more than we think they do. ROH has been featured quite a bit, in fact a few weeks ago they had an 'ROH Showcase' match between Silas Young and Delirious. There's also been quite a few ROH World title matches in WCPW.
They don't seem to promote them though. They retweeted a couple of GIF's and posted a poster a couple weeks ago but lets say, Daniels vs. El Ligero, it was an ROH World Championship match but I hadn't seen anything from ROH about it.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

AlexROH wrote:I have 25€ for some ROH compilations but I don't know what to do. I can do two things:

A) Buy Austin Aries' The Greatest Man That Ever Lived DVD (I haven't watched the stuff from his 08-09 period and I'm a big fan of his work in 04-07).

B) Buy Davey Richard's American Wolf DVD and Eddied Edwards' Die Hard DVD (I like Davey's work, but I'm not his biggest fan, and I haven't watch Eddie's work in singles, just his stuff with Davey as a tag team)

I think Austin Aries' DVD is awesome, but the Eddie and Davey compilation in 6,99 each, so I would like to know if it would be better to spend the money in their DVDs.
I like Aries better than Davey, but looking at the match listings, the Davey DVD is way better. It has pretty much all his best singles matches prior to winning the title. The first disc of the Aries DVD is almost all stuff from his fued with Jimmy Jacobs, so your mileage nay vary but I didn't care for it. The second disc is good but not great. The Omega match is probably the only classic on it. Add the Eddie Edwards discs in and I'd say it's easily the Wolves discs for me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Austin aries dvd...fuck dayey richards. :lol:
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I don't have a Twitter account, but check out Adam Page. He is a fucking class act.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Watching the Dalton Castle comp right now. The first match is the TPT against Ashley Sixx. Jesus Christ. Dalton was over with the crowd by the time his music ended.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

If you knew the soft ass mf'ers Brent and Brandon Tate were you'd understand.

I have a story about them you all would never believe or I'd tell it and then you'd understand my feelings towards them.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Yikes.
The Dragon Saga

Sweet Daddy seems to have the only SCOOP thats interested me all year.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Me and Justin Stevens had a tag team for a few years that had a real good run in this area and Brent and Brandon are from here as well.

We were booked for a pretty nice show in Knoxville against them and it was advertised for several weeks.

Come show day they were nowhere to be found so we worked two other local guys.

After the show I asked the promoter where they were and he said they didn't come because they where told we were "too stiff".

Too stiff but trained by Nick Dinsmore and Billy Gunn.

LMFAO

Dont you wonder why they've been with ROH for a while and they're nothing but comedy acts?

The Tate Twins are barely men let alone professional wrestlers.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

SweetDaddy wrote:Me and Justin Stevens had a tag team for a few years that had a real good run in this area and Brent and Brandon are from here as well.

We were booked for a pretty nice show in Knoxville against them and it was advertised for several weeks.

Come show day they were nowhere to be found so we worked two other local guys.

After the show I asked the promoter where they were and he said they didn't come because they where told we were "too stiff".

Too stiff but trained by Nick Dinsmore and Billy Gunn.

LMFAO

Dont you wonder why they've been with ROH for a while and they're nothing but comedy acts?

The Tate Twins are barely men let alone professional wrestlers.

Oh yea well in that case you're more than justified for laughing at someone being dropped on their head. :roll:
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

SweetDaddy wrote:The Tate Twins are barely men let alone professional wrestlers.
Silas?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

dhads7161 wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:The Tate Twins are barely men let alone professional wrestlers.
Silas?
Nah - gotta be Beer City Bruiser! :lol:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Daniels vs. El Ligero for the ROH World Championship from a WCPW show (not sure which one off the top of my head)

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote:Daniels vs. El Ligero for the ROH World Championship from a WCPW show (not sure which one off the top of my head)

Mmmm I think that the show was the English Qualifiers for the WCPW World Cup.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bro,that gresham vs kamaitachi match from last year in lockport was nuts...

gresham is so great and i hope hiromu returns to roh soon.