ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Fuckkkkk, Lío Rush is leaving? I thought he was booked for SCOH. Man, I love Gabe but he really wants to see his EVOLVE destroy ROH bc they fired him.
Really isn't that much work when ROH is giving him every weapon imaginable and the perfect alibi.

Now let's see how long it will take for Scurll to leave. I mean, he still has to wrestle someone who isn't on his way out (Dijak, Rush) or some outside jobber (Dutt, Robinson, Lee, Ospreay).
Yeah, that's kind of a problem isn't it? Scrull called out the roster at the Atlanta tapings and who answered? Either guys on the way out or ones who stand no chance of taking the title off of him. It's a fucking bummer. Scrull needs a guy to feud with and they haven't given him jack shit. He has more heat on him in PWG with the beatdown him and ZSJ gave Chuck Taylor than anything he's done yet in ROH.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Yeah, they need to really give Marty something to sink his teeth into.

I think they might be afraid to pull the trigger with the contract situation. Time will tell.

His match with Rush was really good at the PPV. Would have loved to seen more of a program with those 2.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I do think ROH is just thinking about building his presence as the champ and personality in ROH especially for the TV audience, which I do think they are handling well, that being said he will need something more soon. A named talent being added to the roster would certainly make a feud legitimate as well as fresh especially if ROH keeps on losing others. I don't know if ROH would go back to Ospreay as a major challenger considering the history but that might be too soon or people might see Ospreay as not good off enough considering what happened in England. Someone I guess you could go with would be White but I don't think there is enough momentum or that moment that has given him enough buzz.

Obviously if Kazarian was more a character and connected to the crowd then I would be something to go with but I really can't see this going anything over than a couple of TV's and then the match for the title. Maybe bringing in someone from NJPW or CMLL might be the way too go considering availability.

I don't if this is too corny or just plain lame, and would overall come off as too soon after what happened Colt and with Silas but maybe Kidnapping the Boys would be a way to start something with Castle. If there was a strong Valet with someone in ROH then I would suggest it for her but all this might be too 1920's black and white cartoon villain or just too plain WWF.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:Yeah, they need to really give Marty something to sink his teeth into.

I think they might be afraid to pull the trigger with the contract situation. Time will tell.
This is what I'm afraid of. I'm getting the feeling that their thought-process is "Marty might be leaving in a few months so we don't want to put him over anyone who is under contract or going to be sticking around" so they put him against guys who are either not really part of the company like Robinson or Dutt,or guys on their way out like Rush and Dijak. The problem is that this presumes that Marty's thought process is "yay. I'm a champion and I'm winning, therefore I love it here," rather than wanting something interesting that he can really sink his teeth into. If they're misjudged Marty's attitude (and he seems to me like the type of guy who likes something to be able to sink his teeth into) then he's on the way out and they've wasted six months of the TV Title with nothing matches. But even more worryingly, I think this general mindset that talent mostly care about winning fake wrestling matches rather than doing something interesting reflects itself in the booking where all we are seeing is the lazy throwing-together of matches with just two or three angles at the top, some of which are extremely simplistic. That's not what gets buzz, and buzz is what ROH needs right now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

another one.

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

This should be fun, I liked their match at BOLA three-four year ago:
Signed for Friday in Berwyn:
@KORcombat vs. @zacksabrejr
Tickets available for now at http://aawrestling.com
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

They also had a fantastic match title match back at THIRTEEN.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"March 14th: Lio Rush is back in EVOLVE! We've seen this young, exciting competitor a few times in past years in EVOLVE. Now he has put the EVOLVE roster on notice. He's starting back with one of the toughest opponents possible. It'll be Lio Rush vs. Drew Galloway at EVOLVE 81 for Rush's return to EVOLVE."
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Rush couldn't draw flies in a shithouse.

See ya.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Rush is just a 14 year old so him leaving is no big deal.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Roque11 wrote:Rush is just a 14 year old so him leaving is no big deal.
Yeah. And that Bryan Danielson is too small for anyone to ever get behind him, so who cares about him? Same with that Aries guy. And that Joe dude is way too fat to be a main eventer.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Of course he isn't, just like those 46 other people who left in the last year or so.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So we can say now that is "official" that The Hardys will be leaving after SCOH. Vi SESCOOP.es
Reports that he and Matt have signed short-term deals with Ring of Honor:

Jeff: We do, it’s a short term deal and it’s cool because we can still work the indies like we’ve been doing. We’ve really had a good time on the independent circut. We sell a lot of merchandise and take a lot of pictures with fans. It’s great to be your own boss and being able to do TV with Ring of Honor as well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a short term deal is a good thing for the company and for the hardys.

rush leaving is a huge blow..he is great and young.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Gabe must think its no big deal either. Styles clash match with Drew Galloway could be booked with any scrub right?
rovert

Post by rovert »

Fish is taking indie bookings again
https://twitter.com/theBobbyFish/status ... 5846403072

Can't for you guys to attack him.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert wrote:Fish is taking indie bookings again

Hey...I am a Bobby Fish mark. More power to him.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rovert wrote:Fish is taking indie bookings again

Roque and monster mafia don't make up the entire forum, you know.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Hugely disappointed about Fish. I think he & O'Reilly were the key free agents (aside from the Bucks). Major miscalculation not to make a stronger effort to keep them (by all accounts, anyway). I've never been a "it's only....no big loss" guy, but to me if they had retained Fish & O'Reilly that'd have erased a lot of the other departures.

I think Fish is great and wish him all the best.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Damn. That sucks about Fish. Saw him as a great midcard hand that could easily take a spot in the Main Event. Hope to see more of ReDRagon in PWG/NJPW.