Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Brada »

great points. I just think part of the mystique of the SCOH match is having the champions of 2 different promotions "crossing the barriers" and facing each other.

I don't know that the match has the same appeal without both teams still being the champions. How does one team call the other out in a test of the "greatest teams of all time" if said teams aren't champions of their respective promotions?

I could be wrong, just kind of the way I see it.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Agreed, especially since The Hardyz are apparently going around different promotions defending their titles as part of the angle their doing. That said, neither titles are on the line thus far, I think as a way of keeping people guessing who'll win.

To be honest, I don't think SCOH will be a one-off for some reason. While they interrupted The Bucks, they did also call out The Briscoes and a Briscoes/Hardyz match in ROH for me has as much allure about it as a Hardyz/Bucks match does.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Don't forget about the recently created Superkick Party Tag Team Titles. They could always put those on the line, even if they lose the ROH World Tag Team Titles.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to the historic Lowell Memorial Auditorium for two nights of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action only Ring of Honor can provide! BEST IN THE WORLD will be broadcast around the globe live on Pay-Per-View Friday from Lowell on Friday June 23 while ROH returns to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium the following night for an international TV taping! Tickets go on sale THIS WEEK!

BEST IN THE WORLD has featured historic title matches, an event where scores have been settled and rivalries started! All of your favorite ROH stars will be in action on both nights with championships to be decided and feuds to be resolved. If you are a Ringside Member, you will be able to purchase tickets for this event THIS WEDNESDAY MORNING at 10:00 AM EST. For the general public, tickets will go on sale THIS FRIDAY MORNING at 10:00 AM EST.

ROH is best seen LIVE as the larger-than-life athletes take center stage doing battle in front of our New England faithful! Honor Nation turned out in record numbers in 2016 – these tickets will move fast and both events have the potential to sell out. Don’t miss your opportunity to snag the best seat in the house for ROH’s return to New England this June!

The best way to guarantee you are there live is to become an ROH Ringside Member. Ringside Membership gives you exclusive access to special ROH content as well as the chance to catch ROH TV online early! Plus, Ringside Members get discounts on ROH merchandise and access to exclusive pre- orders. Tickets for ROH’ Best in the World and other events across the globe go on sale for Ringside Members days before they are made available to the general public.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Interesting that they're going back to Lowell, especially since they didn't manage to fill the building for All-Star Extravaganza VIII (the TV Tapings were far worse, but the PPV wasn't exactly full either).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

international TV taping? so njpw and cmll stars are coming?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

monster mafia wrote:international TV taping? so njpw and cmll stars are coming?

I'm pretty sure that International means that it'll be aired internationally, not that international talent is coming in
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

King of Indy Style wrote:
I'm pretty sure that International means that it'll be aired internationally, not that international talent is coming in
Yeah I think they've been calling TV Tapings "international" since they announced the TV Deals in Portugal and (previously) France.
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

That's how I am taking it too which makes me weary to re-up my Ringside membership just to get an early ticket, what's been the price for front row PPV tickets?. Though ASE was fantastic last year.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Interesting that they're going back to Lowell, especially since they didn't manage to fill the building for All-Star Extravaganza VIII (the TV Tapings were far worse, but the PPV wasn't exactly full either).
I was thinking this same thing. It's kind of concerning that they keep going back to places like Lowell and Vegas with PPVs when the crowds are small. If I were them I'd be sticking to NY, Philly, Toronto, and either Chicago or San Antonio if one of those two can get their attendances up.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

agree...the crowd in las vegas is bad.

I would have done the 15th anniversary in philly,chicago,atlanta,dearborn or ny.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Yeah I think they've been calling TV Tapings "international" since they announced the TV Deals in Portugal and (previously) France.
They also have TV in Canada now, with Fight Network.

They were on Samurai TV in Japan at one point. Not sure if that's still happening (I don't think so).
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TV Tapings announced for Baltimore, Maryland on April 8th:
The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Baltimore for a night of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action that only Ring of Honor can provide! Be the first to see the fallout from Ring of Honor’s BIGGEST Supercard of Honor ever as the William J. Myers Pavilion hosts an international television taping on Saturday April 8 with a SPECIAL 2 PM BELL TIME!

Bring the family to see all of your favorite ROH stars compete with championships on the line and feuds to be resolved. If you are a Ringside Member, you will be able to purchase tickets for ROH’s return to Baltimore THIS WEDNESDAY MORNING, Febuary 1 at 10:00 AM EST. For the general public, tickets go on sale THIS FRIDAY MORNING, February 3 at 10:00 AM EST.

ROH is best seen LIVE - our larger-than-life athletes will take center stage, doing battle in front of our Baltimore faithful! Honor Nation turned out in record numbers in 2016 – these tickets will move fast and this event has the potential to sell out. Don’t miss your opportunity to snag the best seat in the house for ROH’s return to Baltimore this April!

The best way to guarantee you are there live is to become an ROH Ringside Member. Ringside Membership gives you exclusive access to special ROH content as well as the chance to catch ROH TV online early! Plus, Ringside Members get discounts on ROH merchandise and access to exclusive pre- orders. Tickets for this ROH international television taping and other events across the globe go on sale for Ringside Members days before they are made available to the general public.
Big Red Machine

Anyone else feel like they've been announcing all non-PPV shows on much shorter notice than they use to?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yep, ROH has announced shows and cards so fast this year. I think it is a great move.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:Yep, ROH has announced shows and cards so fast this year. I think it is a great move.
But they're announcing them with less notice than they used to. Seems to me like you might sell more tickets if you gave people more notice. If I recall correctly, we used to get return dates announced during intermission and tickets would be on the next day (if not there in the building that night).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Shows for abril now have their own name. Adam Cole not in the talent list:

A full night of unsanctioned action is on tap in the Beer City when Ring of Honor presents ROH UNAUTHORIZED on Friday April 28 in Milwaukee’s Turner Hall Ballroom! With all matches not officially sanctioned by the ROH Board of the Directors, ANYTHING can happen in Milwaukee. Throughout the evening, specially appointed matchmakers will create stipulations. Expect the unexpected!

All of your favorite ROH stars will be there LIVE in Milwaukee for this unique event! Stars that thrive on chaos such as the ROH World Tag Team Champion The Young Bucks and the Briscoes have already signed on the dotted line to appear in Milwaukee. Two local heroes “Pro Wrestling Last Real Man” Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser, fresh off of their 2016 Tag Wars win in Milwaukee return home! Jay Lethal will be in Milwaukee, as well, and the latest to sign at press time are Dalton Castle and The Boys!

Anything can and will happen in Milwaukee! Tickets are available NOW – the Best Fans on the Planet have sold out many recent stops so to avoid getting locked out, order your tickets today! There is nothing like seeing the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action of Ring of Honor LIVE! Get your tickets to see the Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Milwaukee on Friday April 28 now!
The other one, Masters of the Craft, will it be a thematical show too? :

Big Red Machine

I think it's just a generic name. Most named Delirious shows have been since just before he stopped doing the names in 2014. The reason for it is doing thematic names is hard when you don't want to spoil anything, which is why I think it is best to just do what they used to do and not name the shows until the DVDs came out. This way you could have better names while also making the shows that did get named in advance feel like even bigger deals.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Posted the Masters of the Craft thing twice and it was deleted twice so LOL ROHWorld or something.
Brada

Post by Brada »

AlexROH wrote:Shows for abril now have their own name. Adam Cole not in the talent list:

[
That's because Cole is gone in April....he will be at Full Sail then.