Official Steel City Excellence Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Re: Official Steel City Excellence Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Brada wrote:
TYFDK wrote:My guess is winner of TPT gets 15th Anniversary shot.
Meaning on the card?

If you are meaning title shot, I thought that was Daniels?

is a tv tittle shot.
Brada

Post by Brada »

to be fed to the Villian............gotcha.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Hope the winner is a chicken wing fan.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Jay White vs. Jay Briscoe II added to tomorrow's show!

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 4614740992
Brada

Post by Brada »

Jay White goes over here.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Is anyone other than me going to this tonight? Looks decent but why does PGH always have multi-man tags as the main event?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BrandenScott wrote:Is anyone other than me going to this tonight? Looks decent but why does PGH always have multi-man tags as the main event?
In this case it makes sense since it's a TV taping and they're going to be having 4 TPT matches on the card. They have to fit the ME guys in somewhere, so they end up in the 8 man. And since it's a TV spot something of 'importance' will probably happen. (The way Hero got his PPV title shot in the multi-man tag back in '14).

Oh yes, meant to say I am going. 2nd row somewhere.
King of Indy Style

Brada wrote:Jay White goes over here.

I actually think it's another schmozz. Maybe a double DQ or double countout, leading to a PPV match
Brada

Post by Brada »

if so, it should be another draw, maybe a 20 minute time limit, leading to a PPV match..
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Another weekend of ROH shows is here. You know what that means? More gossip about Delirious to come out.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Roque11 wrote:Another weekend of ROH shows is here. You know what that means? More gossip about Delirious to come out.
I am 100% convinced that this guy is either Koff or Delirious.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Haven't seen any full results, but here are some things I pulled of Twitter:

- Apparently they're doing a Texas Bull Rope Match between Cody & Jay Lethal in Lakeland.

- Kazarian turned on Daniels and joined The Bullet Club. Nope, I didn't make that up. That actually happened. Here are the pictures to prove it:

King of Indy Style

Not opposed to any of these really. The Cody-Lethal match is a good one to add to SCOH, and wow, didn't see that coming w/ Kaz. I know most will groan at it, but call me a ROH mark or whatever, I don't care, I think it's pretty damn cool and a fun way to turn Kaz, especially with all the pep talk stuff he's been doing coming out of Texas. AND this puts a twist on EVERYTHING going forward. I can see Daniels winning and going with that, but I can ALSO see Daniels losing and going on a big blood feud with Kaz. The question is where they have their match. Excited for what the future holds.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Marathon of a show. Started around 7:20 ended about 12:07. So this might be a bit disjointed

Ian with a constantly rotating of commentary partners. I think I saw Fish, Mark Briscoe, Shelley, Sabin, Brutal Bob, and someone’s Aunt Ludmilla up there among others.

Evidentally I missed a dark match.

Women of Honor Match: Hendrix over Rose.

Episode 1

Daniels on the mic talking about his upcoming title shot. Adam Cole comes out and distracts Daniels so Page can attack. Kaz comes out and we have an impromptu tag match

Hanging Bay-Bays d. The Addiction. Cole gets a clean pinfall on Daniels, leaving him flummoxed.

TPT Round 1: John Skyler d. Sean Carr. First time seeing Carr. Both guys looked good and wouldn’t mind seeing them again.

Tempura Boyz vs. MCMG never occurs as the MCMG are ‘attacked’ backstage.

TV Title Match: Marty Scrull d. Donovon Dijak Awesome match. Probably the best of the evening. Dijak can be hit or miss for me. He was definitely hitting everything perfectly tonight.

Episode 2

Six Man Tag Title Match: Kingdom d. Rebellion. Titus ‘injures’ his knee, so Rush, whom the Rebellion had been trying to recruit, takes his place only to turn on them. Later in the night he explains they had been playing mindgames with him of late, so he returned the favor

TPT Round 1: Brian Milonas d. Rapheal King. Sadly, one of them had to advance as this match was as ‘meh’ as it gets. But I’m sure Milonas will get the ax.

Cody Rhodes gets a huge pop for his interview. Announces he will challenge Lethal to a Rhodes tradition, a Bullrope match, at the next big card.

Jay Briscoe d. Jay White. A bit surprised Briscoe won, but the streak for White is ended. He looks like he’s bulked up a bit as well, which gives him a better look overall.

Episode 3

Young Bucks d. Coast to Coast. LSG and Ali impressed me again. YB taunt the Hardys by hitting Hardy moves post match on their foes.

Dalton Castle d. Jon Gresham. This was pretty much a Gresham showcase. The man is incredible, but not sure if his style connects with the crowd. And his size does make it appear, as someone near me said, “It looks like Castle is wrestling a small child’.

TPT Round 1: Curt Stallion d. Preston Quinn. Quinn has even less talent than QT. That is saying something.

Anything Goes No DQ match: Punishment Martinez and BJ Whitmer d. War Machine. Martinez with the win via vicious chokeslam on Hanson off the top rope and through a table. Punishment then does the same to Whitmer post match and leaves him lying. Hopefully the angle is dead and BJ becomes the regular partner to Ian.

Episode 4

Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser d. Cheeseburger and Will Ferrara. And they teased an impending break up in the underdog team.

TPT First Round: Josh Woods d. Chris Larusso. Larusso is super over since it’s his hometown. Woods seems to be an MMA guy giving pro wrestling a go. He looked good. Definitely has the Matt Riddle vibe. Won via TKO. Am expecting the finals to be him and Skyler.

Kenny King d. Lio Rush. Hey, the Rebellion got a win in something. Post match Shane Taylor comes out to help Lio, but turns on him. Now the Rebellion has some muscle and they found something for the Jannetty of the Lee/Taylor team.

Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes, Adam Cole, Young Bucks) d. Briscoes and Jay Lethal and Bobby Fish. Lethal accidentily hits Fish on a suicide dive and the two argue, then attack one another, leaving the Briscoes to fend for themselves.

Post match Cole is alone in the ring and Daniels comes out. Daniels quickly puts Cole down with a pair of Angels Wings and threatens to take his hair along with the belt when Kaz reveals a Bullet Club shirt and turns on Daniels. Yay! The US BC branch now has a Yujiro of their very own. I’m assuming it’s Daniels vs. Kaz in NY to build for the Cole Daniels showdown.

Had a good time, but it was tiring. Can't say you didn't get your moneys worth with the sheer number of matches.

Quote of the Night: Someone was heckling Kenny King with TNA chants. King shouts, "This ain't TNA. I get my checks on time here."
Most over guys were Cody, Castle, Bucks, Cole, and... Sugarfoot Larusso. ;)
Last edited by DBSommer on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Pretty sure that Kaz turn doesn't air till a week after the PPV. Did Cole come out with the title?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JTCole wrote:Pretty sure that Kaz turn doesn't air till a week after the PPV. Did Cole come out with the title?
Yes, he came to the ring with it and was looking at it post match when Daniels came to the ring.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Thanks for the post.

Daniels/Kaz looks like it may work.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Was a very long show there was a six man with joe daddio, ferrera, cheeseburger against 3 heels I have never seen before. They were not local guys. I was in the balcony where a bunch of local indy guys and gals sat. Shane Taylor was up there before he joined the rebellion. Also Virgil was in attendance as well and the return date is Fri Oct 13th (hopefully not a bad sign)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: - Kazarian turned on Daniels and joined The Bullet Club. Nope, I didn't make that up. That actually happened.
I hate this. Bullet Club USA is quickly turning into the era of watered down nWo. The equivalent of Kaz joining the Bullet Club is when Ray Traylor joined the nWo.

I am awaiting Thelone to put his two cents in. I need a good laugh, because this angle is lame.

I am getting tired of Bullet Club. Months later The Young Bucks cater to the fans and to a lesser extent Cole does as well. Page and Rhodes play it as straight heels. What are they then? I have to remind myself to focus on the workrate and not the inane fucking storylines like Kaz turning on his best friend, for no reason whatsoever, to join the Bullet Club.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Bullet Club stopped being useful over a year ago.