TPT 2017

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BrandenScott

Re: TPT 2017

Post by BrandenScott »

Whoever said the tournament is only people who pay to be in the seminars and to be booked is spot on with this. Lerusso is the guy who wrote Jay's letter. He also was in a tv angle with Martini within the past yr or 2. The guy is from Pittsburgh and is a champion for the local IWC promotion. He just had a match with Shane Douglas. Fans chant "discount Miz" at him quite often. He is one of the guys who has been to at least 3 seminars. A lot of the names mentioned so far are unknowns to me and when you think about it if you have worked 10+ yrs and nobody knows who you are it doesn't look good for you or ROH
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/chris- ... tournament

Great, another guy with 10+ years of experience in his 30s.
And even if he wasn't, they jobbed this dude out to f*cking CHEESEBURGER in September. That, by definition, makes him a loser who should be nowhere near the Top Prospect Tournament. This is yet another case of ROH showing no forethought: If you've got a guy who you think is talented and might want to use in the future- especially in something like the TPT, then DON'T JOB HIM OUT TO CHEESEBURGER.
Big Red Machine

Roque11 wrote:Who cares how old Quinn is. It makes for a good story in the tourney of an older guy looking for his shot at glory.
This is a story that can be told in some other way, like a random six-way on a show between a bunch of guys "looking to earn spots on the roster." Have him be impressive in a few of those but always have the pin stolen or something before he finally wins one on the third or fourth try and you'll have an actual storyline.
Not that your idea for a story won't work, of course, but I do think it is somewhat hampered when so many of the guys in the TPT already have a decade's worth of experience because that makes him stand out less.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Quinn is a great choice for this tourney and his story fits perfectly. He's 40, his career is almost over with and this is his last and only chance at the big time. He loses and he's done without ever having accomplished anything.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Formerly apart of P Dog's Get Along Gang.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

TYFDK wrote:Image

Need to hurry up and bring P Dog back, dammit.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

no Sonny Kiss or Elite Athlete? surprising.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

dhads7161 wrote:

Wasn't he the ref in the most recent WOH match?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Well I did not expect most of these guys . My initial takeaway is that John Skyler should be signed. I seen him work in PWX , he is more than ready for ROH. I expect Josh Woods to get a look , he has a huge upside . ROH should sign Woods and try to develop him for the future . I know nothing about the rest of these guys.

I was shocked that Clutch Adams and Nick Comoroto were not booked for the TPT . ROH seems to have a strong relationship
with the Monster Factory. Given that Martinez , LSG and Ali all came from that school. Maybe they will pop up later.
Brada

Post by Brada »

No Tim Donst. Was hoping to see him get an opportunity.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Really interested in Stallion, Woods, Quinn, and Skyler. I personally think Woods would have the most upside, but I'd sign Woods, Stallion and Skyler either way. Maybe Quinn if he impresses too.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:

Well... someone's got to scrub the toilets. Leaving P-Dog's group is an excellent career choice for anyone.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Brada wrote:No Tim Donst. Was hoping to see him get an opportunity.
Too young, probably.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Skyler has been a fine worker for a while, actually. Glad to see him getting a chance.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thinking we should start posting matches in here too of any matches of the guys who we know. I'll be posting some.

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Now that I have seen the first round on TV I can see why I have had next to no interest in this year's tournament. I can't stand LeRusso. He's a fucking putz. Stallion is okay, he sells fairly well. Kingpin is just a big guy. After Keith Lee left such a high ceiling in ROH for big guys, he won't get over for shit. Woods? Green as fuck, but I like him. Did anyone win this yet? If Woods doesn't win this, its a fucking joke.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Now that I have seen the first round on TV I can see why I have had next to no interest in this year's tournament. I can't stand LeRusso. He's a fucking putz. Stallion is okay, he sells fairly well. Kingpin is just a big guy. After Keith Lee left such a high ceiling in ROH for big guys, he won't get over for shit. Woods? Green as fuck, but I like him. Did anyone win this yet? If Woods doesn't win this, its a fucking joke.
Spoiler: show
the finals are woods vs skyler
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Now that I have seen the first round on TV I can see why I have had next to no interest in this year's tournament. I can't stand LeRusso. He's a fucking putz. Stallion is okay, he sells fairly well. Kingpin is just a big guy. After Keith Lee left such a high ceiling in ROH for big guys, he won't get over for shit. Woods? Green as fuck, but I like him. Did anyone win this yet? If Woods doesn't win this, its a fucking joke.
Spoiler: show
the finals are woods vs skyler
Thanks man. That makes it much more palpable. I totally tuned out the tournament results.
Brada

Post by Brada »

This tournament lost my interest when they decided to leave out "Dirty" Andy Dalton in favor of a few of these guys that are completely vanilla in my opinion.

I do agree with Mojo, if Woods doesn't win, its laughable.