Official Steel City Excellence Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Official Steel City Excellence Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROH returns to Stage AE in Pittsburgh for a big set of TV Tapings!

ROH Steel City Excellence
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2/11/17

- Eight-Man Tag - The Bullet Club (ROH World Champion Adam Cole, ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, & "The American Nightmare" Cody) vs. The Briscoes, Bobby Fish, & Jay Lethal
- ROH World TV Title - Marty Scurll vs. Donovan Dijak
- ROH Six-Man Tag Team Titles - The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia, & TK O'Ryan) vs. The Rebellion (The All-Night Express & Caprice Coleman)
- No DQ Match - BJ Whitmer & Punishment Martinez vs. War Machine
- The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Tempura Boyz
- The 2017 Top Prospect Tournament

Signed To Appear:

- The Addiction
- Dalton Castle
- Lio Rush
- Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser
- Cheeseburger
- Will Ferrara
- Coast To Coast (Shaheem Ali & Leon St. Giovanni)

Keep all discussions regarding this set of TV Tapings here....
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Steel City Excellence Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Pittsburgh for Steel City Excellence on Saturday, Feb. 11. The international TV taping will feature all of the top stars in ROH as well as the start of the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament!

Just signed for Steel City Excellence is a huge eight-man tag team match pitting Bullet Club’s contingent of ROH World Champion Adam Cole, ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) and Cody against Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish and The Briscoes (Jay and Mark).

Bullet Club’s dominance took a hit last month when Cole lost the ROH World Title, but it proved to be just a momentary setback. Cody shocked the wrestling word by joining the faction shortly thereafter, and on Jan. 4 at Wrestle Kingdom 11 in the Tokyo Dome, Cole regained the championship from Kyle O’Reilly to become the first three-time ROH World Champion in history.

With two major championships in its possession and a decorated second-generation star now in the fold, Bullet Club appears to be stronger than ever.

The combination of Cole, Cody and The Young Bucks would be prohibitive favorites against most teams, but their opponents in Pittsburgh are every bit as accomplished. Lethal, Fish and The Briscoes have three ROH World Titles, three ROH World Television Titles and 11 ROH World Tag Team Titles between them.

Not only is this a star-studded clash, but it’s also a grudge match. Lethal has a score to settle with Cody, who used a low blow to defeat him in Cody’s ROH debut at Final Battle on Dec. 2, and The Young Bucks and Briscoes have had a heated rivalry for years over who is the best tag team in the sport.

Meanwhile, Fish is coming off the best year of his career in singles competition, and the former ROH World Television Champion and three-time co-holder of the ROH World Tag Team Title has his sights set on the ROH World Title. He’ll have an opportunity to show Cole just how capable of a contender he is.

Who will win this battle for supremacy in ROH? Join us in Pittsburgh to find out!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Great main event.

I wonder if it’ll be the final Bullet Club vs. ROH match with Adam Cole as the leader.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS ROH TELEVISION SPOILERS*

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Stage AE in Pittsburgh, PA for Steel City Excellence! Ring of Honor brings a night of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action to the Steel City as part of an international television taping.

All of your favorite ROH stars will be in the house as championships will be decided and feuds settled in Pittsburgh; plus, the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament begins and the stars of Women of Honor will be in action!

Due to a victory in a Six Man Scramble bout, DONOVAN DIJAK heads to Pittsburgh as the number one contender for the ROH World Television title!

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. DONOVAN DIJAK

“The Villain” made an immediate impact in Ring of Honor, capturing the ROH World Television Championship in his first weekend in the company from Will Ospreay on the Reach for the Sky Tour. In terms of immediate impact, Scurll may have had the biggest, fastest impact in ROH history.

The same can be said about Donovan Dijak.

In 2015, Dijak steamrolled through the ROH Top Prospect Tournament and exuded his dominance alongside then-World Champion Jay Lethal in the House of Truth. Dijak quickly became one of the most formidable singles stars in the world, picking up major victories at a rapid pace.

Following a successful defense of the ROH World Television Championship over Juice Robinson at Center Stage in Atlanta, Scurll claimed he had defeated all ROH had to offer. The Motor City Machine Guns, Lio Rush, Johnathan Gresham, Jay White, and Donovan Dijak all stepped up to the challenge. The six were given a bout to air on ROH television to determine the number one contender and Dijak emerged victorious.

Dijak heads to Pittsburgh with an opportunity to capture his first-ever ROH championship but standing across the ring will be a finger-snapping, chicken-winger that has systematically defeated every international star ROH has put in front of him. But, with a size, strength, power, and, arguably, explosiveness advantage, Dijak has to like his chances to leave the Steel City with gold around his waist!

Scurll will have to out-smart and out-wrestle Dijak in order to retain the championship. Who will leave Pittsburgh as ROH World Television champion? Be the first to know – join us at STEEL CITY EXCELLENCE to find out! Tickets for our last stop in Pittsburgh sold out FAST so be sure to get your tickets, now!

STEEL CITY EXCELLENCE - International TV Taping
Local Time: Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 07:00pm EST
Stage AE
400 North Shore Drive
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212
ALREADY SIGNED:

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT-MAN TAG TEAM SHOWDOWN
BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE, CODY, & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION THE YOUNG BUCKS) vs. BOBBY FISH, JAY LETHAL, & THE BRISCOES

ALSO APPEARING
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM
WAR MACHINE
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS
CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
FRANKIE KAZARIAN
DALTON CASTLE (W/THE BOYS)
THE REBELLION
LIO RUSH
SILAS YOUNG
BEER CITY BRUISER
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
BJ WHITMER
CHEESEBURGER
WILL FERRARA
COAST TO COAST
THE TEMPURA BOYZ

PLUS… WOMEN OF HONOR ACTION AND THE 2017 TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT!
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wow, I thought they would save Scurll/Dijak for the 15th Anniversary. I guess then that they'll determine the #1 Contenders for the titles at these tapings.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

My guess is winner of TPT gets 15th Anniversary shot.
King of Indy Style

Ohh didn't even see the TPT being there! This should be some fun tapings.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

*THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS ROH TELEVISION SPOILERS*

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Stage AE in Pittsburgh, PA for Steel City Excellence! Ring of Honor brings a night of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action to the Steel City as part of an international television taping.

All of your favorite ROH stars will be in the house as championships will be decided and feuds settled in Pittsburgh; plus, the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament begins and the stars of Women of Honor will be in action!

The ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM have made Ring of Honor’s newest championships its hottest property. Undefeated since their debut, Matt Taven, TK O’Ryan, and Vinny Marseglia have defeated the likes of Bullet Club and the hottest stars from CMLL and New Japan Pro-Wrestling to prove they are the best trio in the world. If they can survive defenses in Dallas and San Antonio, they will defend their championships in Pittsburgh against a worthy trio!

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O’RYAN, & VINNY MARSEGLIA, if champions) vs. THE REBELLION (CAPRICE COLEMAN, KENNY KING, & RHETT TITUS)

As dominant as the Kingdom has been, the Rebellion have been equally as ruthless. Tired of being overlooked by the ROH Executive Board, Caprice Coleman, Kenny King, and Rhett Titus have been on a mission to capture a championship seemingly tailor-made for this trio. After defeating Dalton Castle and the Boys in Atlanta in a match to air on Ring of Honor Television, the ROH Board of Directors have decided to issue the Rebellion a shot at the ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship!

With a stacked schedule in front of them, The Kingdom must make it to Pittsburgh with the championships in tact! Just a week before, the champions defend against War Machine and Jax Dayne in San Antonio at Undisputed Legacy and then the winner heads to Dallas the following night to face the Motor City Machine Guns and Jay White at Honor Reigns Supreme. While the brash young trio led by Taven has been undefeated, the road to 15th Anniversary doesn’t get any easier!

But Taven has already fired the first shot, calling the Rebellion a bunch of Melvins while “INKSanity” Vinny Marseglia has promised The Kingdom will “do a little something called whatever (they) want.” Whoever the ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions may be on February 11 will have a tough task ahead of them as the Rebellion challenge for the gold in Pittsburgh!

STEEL CITY EXCELLENCE - International TV Taping
Local Time: Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 07:00pm EST
Stage AE
400 North Shore Drive
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212

ALREADY SIGNED:

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT-MAN TAG TEAM SHOWDOWN
BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE, CODY, & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION THE YOUNG BUCKS) vs. BOBBY FISH, JAY LETHAL, & THE BRISCOES

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O’RYAN, & VINNY MARSEGLIA, if champions) vs. THE REBELLION (CAPRICE COLEMAN, KENNY KING, & RHETT TITUS)

ALSO APPEARING
WAR MACHINE
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS
CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
FRANKIE KAZARIAN
DALTON CASTLE (W/THE BOYS)
LIO RUSH
SILAS YOUNG
BEER CITY BRUISER
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
BJ WHITMER
CHEESEBURGER
WILL FERRARA
COAST TO COAST
THE TEMPURA BOYZ

PLUS… WOMEN OF HONOR ACTION AND THE 2017 TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT!
King of Indy Style

Son of a bitch. I'm so sick of Matt Taven and his band of boring clowns.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

matt taven is cool

you are a melvin :lol: :lol:

just kdding.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Actually I'm enjoying Taven for the first time in pretty much forever. TK Owens is decent, couldn't care less about Vinnie, though. And while I doubt the SIx man Titles are going to be around for long, at least they are defending them.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Matt Taven in a leading role just isn't clicking for me. It just comes across as a cheap imitation of the original Kingdom. I realize that is the general point, however, I was originally hoping they could develop some of their own unique flavor to the new group. Hasn't really happened in my opinion.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Two new matches for Pittsburgh:

No DQ

Brada

Post by Brada »

Tempura Boyz starting to get some high profile matches...
King of Indy Style

Those should both be good. I can always enjoy a good No-DQ and the Tempura Boyz are really underrated. They should have some good matches.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I wouldn't pay 50 cents for them to have both of those matches in my back yard.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote:I wouldn't pay 50 cents for them to have both of those matches in my back yard.
Then tell us how you would book the show?
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Booking a show and filling out a card are two different things.

My problem is I'm not feeling some of the replacements for the bigger stars who have left.

War Machine has improved because the talent around them has gotten worse.

Whitmer and Martinez are both fine but their gimmick sucks.

I was at BITW in Charlotte at the meet and great and the MCMG couldn't give away free autographs and the Tempura Boys?

Come on man.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote:Booking a show and filling out a card are two different things.

My problem is I'm not feeling some of the replacements for the bigger stars who have left.

War Machine has improved because the talent around them has gotten worse.

Whitmer and Martinez are both fine but their gimmick sucks.

I was at BITW in Charlotte at the meet and great and the MCMG couldn't give away free autographs and the Tempura Boys?

Come on man.
You will get no argument from me on the Whitmer/Martinez gimmick. Your assessment of War Machine is valid.

Sad to hear that about the MCMG.
Brada

Post by Brada »

TYFDK wrote:My guess is winner of TPT gets 15th Anniversary shot.
Meaning on the card?

If you are meaning title shot, I thought that was Daniels?