IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by supersonic »

Brada

Post by Brada »

Have any spoilers leaked on the Impact that was taped at the Hardy compound?

I'm curious to know if that will be worth watching......
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The court case where American Express has sued TNA for $269,049.50 for unpaid bills is scheduled to come to court on 11/30. TNA has not responded to the case, filed back in July. This was the case where TNA was sued, but likely never received word of it because they never filed a change of address form with the post office. American Express is asking for a default judgment. SE Scoops listed that they canceled TNA’s card for non-payment back in May. There were unpaid bills for $19,327.08 from a TNA corporate card from CFO Dean Broadhead, as well as $241,911.39 owed on the corporate card of Shane Emerson, TNA’s Director of International Content and Live Events. Also having corporate cards were Dixie Carter, Eric Barnes (who is no longer with the company), Tyson Ciesiensky (who is no longer with the company but does work for Skyway Studios, where TNA does post-production work), Serg Salinas, John Gaburick and Bob Ryder.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Has anyone seen any type of spoilers from Total Nonstop Deletion?
Brada

Post by Brada »

What did everyone think of Total Nonstop Deletion?

Here are my quick thoughts on the show.

I cant imagine the brutality of having to watch Spud and Maxel live. That thing was SO HEAVILY edited. I realize that a 1 year old isn't going to just follow direction perfectly, but they really backed themselves into a corner having to put that on television. His entrance was pretty funny, after that it was bad.

The R&R Express showing up was pretty comical. I did get a laugh out of that. Morton up in the air asking to be brought down was good stuff.

Bravados with a cameo was a nice touch.

The spoof teams like Cryme Tyme didn't seem too much more than filler.

Shane Helms needs to be very thankful he has his nose so far up the Hardy's rear's.....it keeps a paycheck coming.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I did not watch the show. I just wish TNA would starting Wrestling again. I have not watch the show in over ten tears . I tried a couple of times but it was so bad I only lasted about five minutes.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote: The spoof teams like Cryme Tyme didn't seem too much more than filler.
Was Cryme Tyme in that match?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Drew Galloway’s contract expires in mid-February. He got a pretty strong offer to stay several months back ($200,000 per year) which he turned down because it was the exclusivity deal where they would be in charge of his outside bookings, and he’s all over the indies in the U.K. in particular and the U.K. scene is pretty interesting. But he’d be available at that time for companies like WWE or New Japan, where the TNA contract obviously was a tough one since New Japan doesn’t use any of the TNA guys. Plus one would think he’d be tailor-made to be a top guy with the ITV group, but there’s no guarantee that one gets off the ground. It is interesting because theoretically he’s a guy people should want, and he’s got the size, the look, the ability, and the talking ability to be a top guy
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Even with the new ownership group (well, not officially, but Anthem is running things and the change in ownership is expected to be in place shortly) there have been delays in pay, at least to production people. As of a week ago, a lot of people hadn’t been paid for the October tapings although they were told it was coming this week. A seven figure payment from Sony Six in India was due this week which was to temporarily alleviate concerns and Anthem is also funding the company. Still, the same issues remain. What is the business plan where this company can make money? One of the plans is to get back into the house show business.

The plan right now is to do a multi-show tour of India this summer. Dixie Carter at a meeting suggested they do 12 weeks worth of tapings while in India saying it would be cost effective since they have to be there anyway, but the idea was shut down. If she had been in charge like in the past, it would have happened.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/anthe ... ing-227686
In a move expected since the end of 2016 and one discussed on this site frequently, Anthem Sports & Entertainment officially announced Wednesday night they have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority interest in TNA Impact Wrestling.

The media company also owns The Fight Network, a big player in combat sports in Canada and 30+ countries, as well as TNA's exclusive broadcast partner in Canada.

In a press release, Anthem announced that Executive VP Ed Nordholm will become president of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. He's been the managing director of the company's Board of Managers since October 2016.

As for Dixie Carter, the release said she will step down as chairman of the board to join the advisory board of Fight Media Group "which holds all of the combat sports-related assets of Anthem, where her focus will be on the global growth of the combat sports-related brands owned by Anthem." She will remain a minority equity stakeholder.

TNA's financial woes have been well-documented and a major story throughout last year were the efforts to keep the company alive through various investor initatives. One of those initiatives involved musician Billy Corgan who ended up suing the company in an effort to gain control over moneys owed. Corgan eventually settled with Anthem and TNA after a judge rejected those claims.

From the release:

“Anthem has been a great partner for many years,” added Dixie Carter. “We have worked hard to find the right company who would acquire TNA, use its strategic influence and have a long-term commitment to the brand. TNA’s incredible fans, talent and staff deserved to see the brand continue to thrive after 15+ years of incredible growth. I’m excited to move to a new position and work with Anthem on their global strategic plan, and I am confident TNA IMPACT Wrestling is going to be a huge part of their success."

We'll have more on this story on the Wednesday night edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Davey Richards came back tonight as well.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Brada

Post by Brada »

Did I read somewhere that Davey is hanging them up this year?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I think it's absolutely hysterical that Jarrett is involved with TNA again.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Brada wrote:Did I read somewhere that Davey is hanging them up this year?
Richards says he going to focus on his fire fighting career after 2017. We shall see, he been know to change his mind.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Richards says he going to focus on his fire fighting career after 2017. We shall see, he been know to change his mind.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Davey is about as indecisive as a woman at a drive thru with respect to his wrestling career.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Well done Mojo. I'm a fan of your work.

I would be curious to know how few PPV buys they had tonight...
Brada

Post by Brada »

They are setting up the Davey heel turn. I wonder if they will put the strap on him?