Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Rich of Honor

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by Rich of Honor »

I agree with a great deal that is being said here, but I think that if you're actually going to continue to showcase the Women of Honor and make it marketable, there needs to a title in the division.

I also do not think that the Youtube is doing anything to truly move the division in the right way. It makes no sense that the VODs don't simply have Women's matches on the cards. It would 12-15 minutes at most to the VODs and elevate the product by making the division just as important as the men's division.

It's kind of mind boggling-I write up the results from the VODs before they go up on the website and I have not been able to figure out why the matches can't be included. The Women of Honor Wednesday push on social media is catchy and effective, but separate is not equal. Honestly, even having the Future of Honor be a separate entity is also insulting. The general audience needs exposure as well and I don't think to go on Youtube to watch things from ROH, I go to their own site.

Klein deserves the push she is getting and I think the match with ODB showed a side of her character as being able to not just dominate, but rise above when faced with adversary.

Purrazzo seems destined for WWE, but would be a nice piece for the division. The work that she did with Lerae showed more of the technical side to the division.

Lastly, there have been hints that Hendrix might be aligning with Sullivan and co. Although it may be a bit eye-rolling inducing, it's at least a sign that there may be cross ROH-WOH storylines that would do well to make WOH feel more than an after thought.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

monster mafia wrote:
This was pretty good!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:
Not too bad. I just didn't like how Mandy and Deonna looked like clowns getting outsmarted by Hendrix. It makes the faces look dumb. Mandy is green as fuck still, so the underdog persona fits her well. I am absolutely mesmerized by Taeler Hendrix's ring entrance. She also plays the psycho role well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

One thing I want is for them to call the championship the Women of Honor World Championship.

Most of the women's championships in major pro wrestling promotions aren't referred to as "world" championships
TNA Knockouts Championship
WWE Raw Women's Championship
WWE Smackdown Women's Championship
NXT Women's Championship
AAA Reina de Reinas Championship (AAA Queen of Queens Championship)

TNA used to call it a Women's World Championship but eventually changed it.

CMLL has the CMLL World Women's Championship

All of the other ROH titles are referred to as World titles, so I don't think it'll be an issue
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

famicommander wrote:One thing I want is for them to call the championship the Women of Honor World Championship.

Most of the women's championships in major pro wrestling promotions aren't referred to as "world" championships
TNA Knockouts Championship
WWE Raw Women's Championship
WWE Smackdown Women's Championship
NXT Women's Championship
AAA Reina de Reinas Championship (AAA Queen of Queens Championship)

TNA used to call it a Women's World Championship but eventually changed it.

CMLL has the CMLL World Women's Championship

All of the other ROH titles are referred to as World titles, so I don't think it'll be an issue
So there will be w WOH Championship?
@seositw
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

But honestly, in 2017, the women's division need some type of diriction. Storyline.

Kelly Klein have the undefeated streak that you can build a storyline from there.
Taeler Hendrix alredy have an establish character.
the one episode WOH speical is nice but they need to be futured regulary on shows in order to fans to care
@seositw
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

famicommander wrote:
So, this goes up and "La Luchadora" suspiciously looks like Deonna on Smackdown. Anyone else see that?
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
famicommander wrote:
So, this goes up and "La Luchadora" suspiciously looks like Deonna on Smackdown. Anyone else see that?
looks to me more like Mickie james or Tamina.
Good match overall by the way.
@seositw
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It was indeed Deonna Purazzo on Smackdown, but as far as I've read she hasn't signed a deal with anyone yet.

This week's Women of Honor match:
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Looks like Purrazzo will be at the Impact tapings starting tomorrow.

I wonder if/when she will finally sign somewhere.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Why would she? Everybody is using her, she's getting work from everyone right now.
rovert

Post by rovert »

famicommander wrote:Looks like Purrazzo will be at the Impact tapings starting tomorrow.

I wonder if/when she will finally sign somewhere.
She leaves for a 3 month STARDOM tour in two or so weeks so there's no real rush.
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

Sumie Sakai is at Stardom as well. Happy for her, she's very underrated. her match against Deonna Purrazzo has been great IMO.
@seositw
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Seosi wrote:Sumie Sakai is at Stardom as well. Happy for her, she's very underrated. her match against Deonna Purrazzo has been great IMO.
Sumie is super underrated, one of my my absolute favorites male or female. She's got tremendous energy and charisma. I hope they bring in Stardom stars, too. The matches have been good and they have started to put some stories into the matches. Stardom would really give the division a shot in the arm.
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Seosi wrote:Sumie Sakai is at Stardom as well. Happy for her, she's very underrated. her match against Deonna Purrazzo has been great IMO.
Sumie is super underrated, one of my my absolute favorites male or female. She's got tremendous energy and charisma. I hope they bring in Stardom stars, too. The matches have been good and they have started to put some stories into the matches. Stardom would really give the division a shot in the arm.
Io shirai, Kairi Hojo and Mayu Iwatani will be great for ROH. the match between Io and Mayu at the end of 2016 was great
@seositw
Brada

Post by Brada »

so WWE is using Purrazzo now as well?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:so WWE is using Purrazzo now as well?
Oh yeah. She's been on NXT a few times. She's a smart woman. Showing up all over the place has upped her exposure. It also helps that she's pretty fucking good in the ring too despite being relatively young.
Brada

Post by Brada »

yeah, she is damn athletic. I could see her in the mix on either show for sure.