CZW

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Brada

Re: CZW

Post by Brada »

I saw Tommy End for the first time at the Evolve show in San Jose.....the match with him and Timothy Thatcher stole the show....was really good.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Sandy Fork wrote:End: Because he lives in Holland.
Yeah but you'd think after all these years he would have popped into ROH for a weekend at the very least.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:End: Because he lives in Holland.
Yeah but you'd think after all these years he would have popped into ROH for a weekend at the very least.
He's only been in the states twice counting this current tour.
He's yet to break through on the US scene. He's been Europe only apart from a short stint in Big Japan.

After this tour he will probably be more of a regular in the states, but remember that promoters have to prioritize if it is worth flying a guy in from Holland just for a weekend of shows, it is a cross Atlantic flight after all.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Last weeks Best Of The Best was very good, the Gage return was pretty cringe worthy as expected but Jonathan Gresham, Mike Bailey, Tommy End and Andrew Everett made it a night to remember, Trevor Lee seemed a little off.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

MAXAKASINNER wrote: the Gage return was pretty cringe worthy as expected
glad i wasnt the only one to think so.
Tim

Post by Tim »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:Last weeks Best Of The Best was very good, the Gage return was pretty cringe worthy as expected but Jonathan Gresham, Mike Bailey, Tommy End and Andrew Everett made it a night to remember, Trevor Lee seemed a little off.
I thought everyone in the tournament looked good besides Joey Janela and Aaron Williams. "Hotsauce" Tracy Williams is one to watch out for, and I thought CJP looked like a star.

I don't know if it was a work or a shoot, but an ex-convict threatining to beat the shit out of women and children was very uncomfortable to watch. Also everything involving OI4K is always cringe worthy.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Tim wrote: I thought everyone in the tournament looked good besides Joey Janela and Aaron Williams. "Hotsauce" Tracy Williams is one to watch out for, and I thought CJP looked like a star.

I don't know if it was a work or a shoot, but an ex-convict threatining to beat the shit out of women and children was very uncomfortable to watch. Also everything involving OI4K is always cringe worthy.
Gage was always going to be an awful return, he's good for CZW's business being a since day one guy but he's still not very good.

I do disagree with the OI4K thing, at that moment they did look pretty terrible but all in all they did have great matches with Bucks, Wolves and such.

Aaron wasn't that bad, Joey looked off but at the show before he was very good. It just didn't look like Trevor wanted to be there, but him vs. Everett at the next show should be good.
GardenStateSaint

I'm not the biggest Gage fan but how is he "not very good"? Everybody went nuts for him and the timing of this return, before TOD, just works for CZW. He's "not very good" at what?
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Sorry, he's not very good at wrestling. That's the beauty of Gage, the CZW crowd loves him while he's not very good.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Nick Gage is an F'ing criminal. The guy robbed a damn bank for goodness sake. What makes him good? He comes out, yells into a microphone, drops a half dozen F bombs, and tells someone he is going to effing kill them.....same old promo over and over and over.

Can't stand that guy.

I did hear best of the best was a pretty good show though. Definitely stacked with talent. CJP would have been cool to see work without restrictions....
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Don't mean this as a knock to CJP but I doubt he has much more to show on the indies than he did on NXT, at least for now.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Gage is everything that CZW used to be, both the good and the negative. But in today's CZW he is more on the side of the negatives. He isn't what should be or should strive to be.
GardenStateSaint

CJP performed incredibly well. Big supporter of that guy.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

it was a full weekend for me in regards to CJP. he was a face against Papadon in FBW on friday then he got to heel it up real good at CZW the next night.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So CZW is officially coming to traditional PPV (article from PWP):
Combat Zone Wrestling, LLC and Stonecutter Media Ltd sign Pay-Per-View Distribution Deal

This weekend in the historic 2300 arena in South Philadelphia, Stoncutter Media , Ltd president Steve Karel and CZW President David “DJ Hyde” Markland and CZW Vice President Tyrone “Maven Bentley” Scott Signed a deal with Stonecutter Media LTD for the exclusive rights to distribute Combat Zone Wrestling’s Live National Pay Per Views on all major Cable, Satellite, and Digital TV providers in the United States and Worldwide.

Since early 2014, Combat Zone Wrestling, LLC ( CZW) has licensed Stonecutter Media Ltd.’s “Wrestling’s Bloodiest Wars” on demand pay-per-view franchise, (currently airing on INdemand, Vubiqity, Directv, DIsh Network and Shaw) with the trademark “ultraviolence” that has become synonymous with CZW .

Future Combat Zone Wrestling Pay Per View airings will be announced soon.

For more information on Stonecutter Media Ltd., please visit www.stonecutterwrestling.com.

For inquires or more information about Combat Zone Wrestling, LLC, please visit www.czwrestling.com or email info@czwrestling.com.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

So at Cage of Death 18 Joe Gacy became the new CZW World Champion.

Brada

Post by Brada »

I saw Matt Tremont turned heel as well, turning on Joey Janela....

speaking of.........what was that whole Janela getting stabbed in the ring with a sword promo?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I heard that this year's Cage of Death Match was WarGames Style? I don't know who on this forum has seen a lot of Cage of Death matches, but as someone who's seen a few of them (most of them recent), I've always thought that the WarGames-style Cage of Death matches were always the best. There's obviously the one from ROH Death Before Dishonor IV, but I really enjoyed the Cage of Death from 2013, which was a WarGames Match. While the match can still be interesting in other formats (a multi-man match for the CZW Title, like in 2014 & 2015, or just a singles match), I think the WarGames format is by far the best version of Cage of Death. How does everyone else feel about it?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

. I did not see COD , however I read the reviews and it was brutal. Joey Janela had to have emergency surgery to remove glass from his arm . CZW should really stop using glass or any other objects that could permanently damage the wrestlers. I would hope this death match style will eventually runs it course , I hate to see young men rips their bodies to shreds with barb wire and glass just to pop a crowd.