What New Features Would You Like on ROH World?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: What New Features Would You Like on ROH World?

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Happy to see my suggestion of Wilson being a Moderator has become a reality.
Is now an appropriate time to make a creepy allusion to Trump/Bannon quid pro quo??? No? Should I pre-Mod myself and gesture toward the door?

Thanks to all. I'll really do my best to keep things civil and in good taste.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

cgstong wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I think trying to interact with ROH the company/promotion more as a whole would be welcome, say creating competitions, special giveaways etc for tickets, special VIP packages for certain events like Wrestlemania weekend/foreign tours as well as your general DVD's, TShirts. I think though more important is just generally connecting with this site more because in all honesty ROH should welcome a connectable voice that allows them to see what is working for the fan base and what isn't.
I am certainly looking into this and hoping to hear back. The second best thing I am efforting is already reaching out to ROH related producers such as Filsinger Games, Figure Toy Co, ETC and wrestlers such as the YB to see if they would be interested in doing stuff in conjunction with this site such as a YB Merch contest ETC.
Well that's very good news all-round I certainly think this would bring fresh ideas and interaction.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

BurningHammer wrote:
Well that's very good news all-round I certainly think this would bring fresh ideas and interaction.
I've got a representative from Figure Toy Co coming on a podcast and will be talking to him about doing some stuff with ROHworld.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

cgstong wrote: In terms of commenting and/or utilizing a system where a thread is created, I think the author of the article could definitely do this where they create the article, it gets posted, then they create a thread in here and link it in their article for people to comment. Having public comments is fine too but I feel that keeping discussion in one core place is easier and better for users at this point.
This is the way to go.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

cgstong wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:
I've got a representative from Figure Toy Co coming on a podcast and will be talking to him about doing some stuff with ROHworld.
Nice man, it will be interesting to see how the relationship develops between them and ROH. I don't know how successful the sales have been but if they can really develop significantly strong material for ROH it would be a massive bonus for all involved. From a personal point of view I would invest in figures as I am beginning to re-invest in collectable figures but from a pricing perspective with being in the UK they are a very expensive purchase especially for the somewhat beginning quality they have.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thanks Jay Lethal's Hair.

Yeah I'm hoping that something can be done for our members. I don't know sales figures but I do know that they already had plans for series 2 even before series 1 was created so it isn't a sign of anything. I am hoping to also get something for ROHworld members as we're the most likely bunch to buy them as opposed to others. But we'll see.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

cgstong wrote:Thanks Jay Lethal's Hair.

Yeah I'm hoping that something can be done for our members. I don't know sales figures but I do know that they already had plans for series 2 even before series 1 was created so it isn't a sign of anything. I am hoping to also get something for ROHworld members as we're the most likely bunch to buy them as opposed to others. But we'll see.
I'd honestly be very interested to see if they'd be making any figures of long-time ROH personnel like maybe Todd Sinclair, Bobby Cruise, or even Kevin Kelly.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
cgstong wrote:Thanks Jay Lethal's Hair.

I'd honestly be very interested to see if they'd be making any figures of long-time ROH personnel like maybe Todd Sinclair, Bobby Cruise, or even Kevin Kelly.
I'll be posting a thread for questions to ask Chris DePetrillo but you can follow him on twitter at https://twitter.com/ZackMalibu
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ICW

Post by ICW »

I love browsing through the Shop but I'm always disappointed that ROH doesn't sell a big, fully-colored program featuring the ROH roster. It would be a great item to take to ROH shows for pre-show meet and greets; I have one from Global Wars '14 and it's autographed by nearly everyone and it's one of my favorite items. I have no clue if you could relay that suggestion to someone but, if you could, it'd be appreciated.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ICW wrote:I love browsing through the Shop but I'm always disappointed that ROH doesn't sell a big, fully-colored program featuring the ROH roster. It would be a great item to take to ROH shows for pre-show meet and greets; I have one from Global Wars '14 and it's autographed by nearly everyone and it's one of my favorite items. I have no clue if you could relay that suggestion to someone but, if you could, it'd be appreciated.
I definitely can though just to let you know, we are in no way affiliated with ROH on any official or even unofficial grounds. A long history of my involvement with talents is what has helped me garner some special things coming to ROHworld.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Seosi

Post by Seosi »

Polls would be cool IMO.
@seositw
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Seosi wrote:Polls would be cool IMO.
Most definitely will have polls either on twitter or the website
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

One small suggestion/request would be to update the list of shows that are sold out on DVD. I know that's essentially everything pre-2012 at this point, but I've found that list helpful in the past. It would be nice to include all comps in that list as well, for us DVD enthusiasts. Perhaps we could merge the following threads:

Complete Show Listing (the most up to date)
http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3990

Complete DVD Listing
http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80

Complete Comps List
http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4136

To start the update process for sold out shows, I'll note that BitW 2015 looks to be out on rohwrestling and highspots.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Wavelet Transform wrote:One small suggestion/request would be to update the list of shows that are sold out on DVD. I know that's essentially everything pre-2012 at this point, but I've found that list helpful in the past. It would be nice to include all comps in that list as well, for us DVD enthusiasts. Perhaps we could merge the following threads:

Complete DVD Listing

Complete Comps List

To start the update process for sold out shows, I'll note that BitW 2015 looks to be out on rohwrestling and highspots.
Thanks man. Honestly if you want to take that up I wouldn't say no. I am not entirely sure who did this before but would definitely consider putting someone on that.

I definitely think it is a useful tool here to have on the site. One of many things I hope separates us when it comes to ROH coverage.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

cgstong wrote:
Wavelet Transform wrote:One small suggestion/request would be to update the list of shows that are sold out on DVD. I know that's essentially everything pre-2012 at this point, but I've found that list helpful in the past. It would be nice to include all comps in that list as well, for us DVD enthusiasts. Perhaps we could merge the following threads:

Complete DVD Listing

Complete Comps List

Thanks man. Honestly if you want to take that up I wouldn't say no. I am not entirely sure who did this before but would definitely consider putting someone on that.

I definitely think it is a useful tool here to have on the site. One of many things I hope separates us when it comes to ROH coverage.
Yeah, I will give it a go and see what I come up with. Since I mainly used it as a collector, I'm thinking of adding some extra information along with number, name, title, and sold-out status. Maybe a subjective common (Weekend of Champions), rare (Bound by Hate), exceptionally rare (SotF 2010, Honor Nation), and essentially non-existent (New Frontiers) on ebay, for example. I could also see if average price from previous auctions is useful. If anyone has strong thoughts on that, let me know.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Wavelet Transform wrote:
Yeah, I will give it a go and see what I come up with. Since I mainly used it as a collector, I'm thinking of adding some extra information along with number, name, title, and sold-out status. Maybe a subjective common (Weekend of Champions), rare (Bound by Hate), exceptionally rare (SotF 2010, Honor Nation), and essentially non-existent (New Frontiers) on ebay, for example. I could also see if average price from previous auctions is useful. If anyone has strong thoughts on that, let me know.
Don't put so much work into it that it becomes a slog to do. That's my thoughts but I appreciate the help!
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Who are some guests you'd like to see do some AMA's in the forum!
or Fb.com/ROHworld