Final Battle Booking

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Brada

Final Battle Booking

Post by Brada »

So looking at what we know...

Cole/O'Reilly - World Title
Bucks/Briscoes- Tag Titles
Fish/Dragon Lee- TV Title
Rush,White,Kushida/New Kingdom - 6 man Finals
Cabana/Castle (not confirmed but should be happening)....
Lethal/Cody Rhodes (just don't see any other options with these 2)

How does the rest of the card play out....im going to guess 8 or 9 matches...

Confirmed bookings left are Liger and MCMG...

Who else gets booked??

Addiction?
Silas Young?
Hangman Page?
Lee/Taylor?
Dijak?
Punishment Martinez/Whitmer?

I wasnt too impressed with the CMLL talent at SOTF....I will say im not well versed on their roster, but if Misterioso Jr and Panther were the best they have to offer, I don't see the benefit of that relationship in comparison to NJPW...with that being said I cant see those guys other than Dragon Lee taking a spot...

So for the sake of fantasy booking...I will round out the rest of the card with...

Dijak w Nana/Page/Silas/Punishment Martinez w Whitmer-4 Corner to put the dagger in the Dijak-Nana split

Addiction/PBK - to continue the Addiction face turn and give PBK another quality win coming off War Machine program

MCMG & Liger/Cabinet - based on the Shelley "jumping" by them at SOTF....and gives Caprice the chance to say "Jive Turkey" a few times at the Machine Guns...
187_Joeism

Re: Final Battle Booking

Post by 187_Joeism »

Silas vs Liger is "confirmed", it seems like we will get MCMG/Dijak vs King, Titus & Coleman, War Machine will miss the show because the WTTL so i like PBK vs Addiction, you can have some type of multiman match with Martinez, Lio Rush, Adam Page & other/s to round up the card, hopefully a #1 Contenders match so is not a random match.

Cole vs Kyle
Briscoes vs Bucks
Fish vs Dragon Lee
White/ACH/KUSHIDA vs Kingdom
Cody vs Lethal
Cabana vs Castle
Silas vs Liger
MCMG/Dijak vs King, Titus & Coleman
PBK vs Addiction
Lio Rush vs Adam Page vs Martinez vs Jonathan Gresham?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I guess it depends on wether or not Ospreay and Scurll are going to be on this show or the TV tapings as they are meant to be debuting in December according to Meltzer, which I guess should really be the PPV. I guess we also have to wait on the who will on the many more part of the talent part of the card. Obviously PBK could be added on to the card, I might be interesting to see if any surprise Japanese talent might be coming in say like Naito for a rematch with Lethal. Lethal vs Cody though would be great, although I do have sneaky suspicion something could be happening with Corino that night but i'm hoping that's for later on in the year or the TV part of his work for a bit.

My card would be,

Cole vs Kyle
Young Bucks vs Briscoes
Fish vs Dragon Lee vs Adam Page, I can see him getting his way into this match and wining
Cody vs Lethal or maybe Scurll, Ospreay
Cabana vs Castle
Scurll vs Ospreay if they aren't apart of another match
Kingdom vs Rush, White and Kushida
Cabinet (or new name) vs MCMG/ maybe tag or trios with a surprise partner, Dijak maybe
Martinez vs Rush considering what happened at SOTF
PBK vs The Addiction you could maybe add Scurll and Ospreay to this to make it a three way.
Silas vs Liger

Would be nice to see some new guys like Gresham and maybe a couple of others. I imagine we will have a pre show involving Cheesburger, Ferrara vs The Tempura Boyz maybe also Leo and a couple of others.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Bobby Fish vs Dragon Lee vs Adam Page is a good idea but i don´t think they will do it. If that was the plan i would have Page eliminating Fish from the SOTF finals to keep the feud going.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

187_Joeism wrote:Bobby Fish vs Dragon Lee vs Adam Page is a good idea but i don´t think they will do it. If that was the plan i would have Page eliminating Fish from the SOTF finals to keep the feud going.
The thing is the way they booked SOTF it's like they know we know the results, considering what happened with Cabana and Castle, the Cabinet etc.
Spoiler: show
Now considering this and how Page came interrupt Fish in the Finals

They may do a thing that Fish just want's to get hold of him no matter. Unless it's just to further their feud at another point but I think it would make sense to do it at Final Battle or maybe the TV tapings the next night have Page finally win it. Maybe having Page pin Kid to win it at Final Battle would really put it up Fish but then Fish could they I was never pinned you could never beat me and then leads to him being pushed towards the upper card or really kicking the Page feud into another gear.
Brada

Post by Brada »

In terms of match placement...

I'm guessing they will lead out with either the 6 man finals or Fish/Lee....

I hope if they do go with Cody/Lethal, they give that plenty of time to develop and storytelling purposes...
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:In terms of match placement...

I'm guessing they will lead out with either the 6 man finals or Fish/Lee....

I hope if they do go with Cody/Lethal, they give that plenty of time to develop and storytelling purposes...
Lethal/Cody will probably be the cleanest and smoothest match I think we could see, it will be interesting if this does help them to have a great match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I get my years confused, but I was there at Hammerstein last for FB the year that Steen and Generico fought in the ladder match....2013?

I just remember how loud it was in there.....unforgettable night.

I am taking a friend up to New York this year for the show. I hope there is that same buzz in the building...
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:I get my years confused, but I was there at Hammerstein last for FB the year that Steen and Generico fought in the ladder match....2013?

I just remember how loud it was in there.....unforgettable night.

I am taking a friend up to New York this year for the show. I hope there is that same buzz in the building...
I think one of the few matches in the modern era where I generally felt nervous throughout match at the shit they were doing and that just watching it online. I think I may have just gone nuts if I was actually there.

If the matches deliver I don't see why not, I thinks close to sold out from all areas so it should be something. It will be great to see ROH back there and I think it starts a new era for ROH considering who will involved going forward and who wont be. 2017 I think could be very interesting, I hope anyway.
Brada

Post by Brada »

it was nuts....top 10 match i have ever seen live no doubt....was a great card.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yeah I can only imagine, and you're totally right it was a great card certainly the best of that year and wasn't that Cornett's last time with ROH or did he go before then.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The show was definitely OK. The main event was not what I thought it would be. It made a lot of sense when Steen later recounted that he had a fever that night.

Cornette was still active into the beginning of 2013. He was relieved around the time Jay Briscoe was champion.
ndp

Post by ndp »

I take it Lethal will be Cody’s opponent. I’m not sure how I feel about that. That could have a bad finish to protect both guys if they plan to use Cody more. He is listed for the next TV taping. Him vs. Lethal should be fine, but I’m not jazzed about it. Cody is one of those guys I think could have been used better in WWE, but I don’t think he should have been that much higher up the card than he was. He’s solid and usually worked hard with what he was given, but he’s never excited me. Cody vs. Daniels seems like the main alternative if Cody wrestles. I think that has more potential, but again, Cody Rhodes in ROH doesn't excite me.

I wonder if they get ACH to work Final Battle and do the job or if he’s totally done and they’re replacing him in the six-man. Replacing him in the finals with likely no TV angle and no TV or live event win for the new team kills the tournament. Lio Rush makes the most sense as a replacement since he was originally announced for that team. The problem there is I expect him to be the Machine Guns’ partner against The Cabinet at the PPV since that’s what TV built. Maybe they go with Dijak even though that conflicts with a Dijak segment I think airs the same weekend as Final Battle or just do a regular tag match. The booking around the finals could be messy.

I expect this to end up being a good show, but a lot of these matches are getting shoddy builds for a big year ending event. Some of that was outside their control like the Bucks being in Japan for the last taping, but most of the show is stuff that feels like they didn't come up with and start building until the day after the last PPV.
leenie426

Post by leenie426 »

Silas Young vs Jushin Liger - Silas wins

TV Title: Fish vs Dragon - something tells me this match won't happen, either way don't look for fish to have the belt passed Final Battle.

Lethal vs Cody - Lethal should win as he's been ROH's Star top guy for the last two years & Cody has really lost a lot of shine that he had by doing every single indy there is including TNA.

Six Man Tag Title: Kingdom vs Kushida, Jay White & Lio Rush - Kingdom 1st champs

Tag Titles: Briscoes vs Bucks - The Bucks will retain if they have signed new deals, if the Briscoes become 9 time champs you know the Bucks aren't long for ROH.

World Title: Cole vs O'Reilly - Kyle wins, he has too, if not what a waste
Brada

Post by Brada »

Kyle isn't winning without a contract extension...
Brada

Post by Brada »

If Cole does retain......I hope it's clean....no interference, no kicking in the junk with Sinclair's head turned or while he is on a donut break............

Clear win with no shinannegans, that way it establishes him as even more of a dominant champion....