Official All Star Extravaganza 8 TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Official All Star Extravaganza 8 TV Tapings Thread

Post by monster mafia »

10/1/16 LINEUP

MARK & JAY BRISCOE VS. THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)

TETSUYA NAITO & EVIL VS. MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)

SHANE TAYLOR & KEITH LEE VS. WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)

TORU YANO VS. MICHAEL ELGIN

KYLE O'REILLY VS. JONATHAN GRESHAM

JAY LETHAL VS. SILAS YOUNG

COLT CABANA & DALTON CASTLE w/ THE BOYS in tag team action!

SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 with...

- BULLET CLUB VS. THE KINGDOM

- JASON KINCAID, LEON ST. GIOVANNI & SHAHEEM ALI VS. THE CABINET (RHETT TITIUS, KENNY KING & CAPRICE COLEMAN)

PLUS...

ROH WORLD CHAMPION: ADAM COLE

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: BOBBY FISH

YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)

KUSHIDA

DRAGON LEE

ACH

DONOVAN DIJAK w/ PRINCE NANA

HANGMAN PAGE

KAMATAICHI

JAY WHITE

PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ w/ BJ WHITMER & KEVIN SULLIVAN

WILL FERRARA

WOMEN OF HONOR

TALELER HENDRIX

MANDY LEON
monster mafia

Re: Official All Star Extravaganza 8 TV Tapings Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Cole will defend the ROH title against Lethal in London. Winner defends against Kyle O'Reilly at Final Battle.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

KYLE O'REILLY VS. JONATHAN GRESHAM
This makes me happy.

...Sheeeeeeeit this is a rematch from the first Top Prospects tournament too isn't it?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very happy to see Komatsu & Tanaka making an ROH appearance. Hopefully this isn't just a one-off.

Also, I'm not shocked at all that Matt Taven's new version of The Kingdom is made up of New England guys. I've sparingly heard of TK O'Ryan, but I'm glad to see Vinny Marseglia getting more opportunities. I've always enjoyed him in his sporadic ROH appearances over the last few years.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

man that corino shit again...let punisher martinez out of that

looks fun the tapings..dragon lee with the upset

dijak/nana break up? mmm

war machine/ lee & taylor killing again... i hope that feud have a purpose and not just 4 big guys brawling every show..

glad to see new guys with big chances to shine ( the kingdom)..hope they do it well

the turn face of lethal has been amazing for me...

pretty shocking with the team of ach white and kushida in the finals...cool!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia wrote:man that corino shit again...let punisher martinez out of that

dijak/nana break up? mmm

war machine/ lee & taylor killing again... i hope that feud have a purpose and not just 4 big guys brawling every show..

glad to see new guys with big chances to shine ( the kingdom)..hope they do it well

Totally forgot that Dragon Lee beat Bobby Fish! That was a surprise. Looks like we're getting a future match, which is cool.

Also heard some great things about that Keith Lee & Shane Taylor vs. War Machine match. Those two teams work really well together.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think keith lee is gonna be a superstar...he is too good.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:man that corino shit again...let punisher martinez out of that

dijak/nana break up? mmm

I think the tapings made a lot of sense generally, especially from last months so it's good to see the continuity continue and build other of people and the different directions people are taking or feuds are taking is looking rather nice.

I still think PBK will join the Kingdom, unless they've made a change and have decided to go in a different direction because people aren't signing, leaving or they fill PBK just doesn't need due to their success so quickly. I can see the sense of smaller time guys though as it puts more light on Taven as the being the main guy. Both TK and Marseglia have improved a lot especially Marseglia he has really found himself as a worker and hopefully the ROH crowd takes to him as much as a New England crowd does. It still could have been much better though considering the talent out there.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

These are probably the best results from a taping this year.

I'm impressed that so much of the individual/team wrestlers are involved in multiple storylines, and that these stories are actually pretty good. Somehow, despite all odds, I want to see what happens next to The Addiction. I don't think there can be a clearer example that booking is improving, even if temporarily.

Also:
Marcus Rivera, PWPonderings wrote:Rowe hit Lee with a Canadian Destroyer after Lee missed a moonsault & landed on his head.
I know the destroyer is overused, but that move done between these teams is amazing. This feud is really changing my opinion on War Machine.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Photo of The Kingdom (courtesy of @jeffdescoteaux on Twitter):

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Seemingly based on what happened on Saturday at the tapings, ROH announced tonight that Hangman Page will face Bobby Fish for the TV title at the next TV tapings, 10/29 in Baltimore.

I'm guessing we'll get some kind of screwy finish that leads Page getting a rematch at Final Battle.

That, or Page wins the title here, but loses it back to Fish at Final Battle.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah PBK vs. War Machine was real good. i hope it translates that well to tv.

as much as ANX annoy me no matter what gimmick they are doing i find them solid in the ring.

i probably like and am familiar with TK and Vinny as much as anyone. while im not surprised that they are in the new Kingdom i think itll be real hard for them to get over.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The booking is finally clicking for me again. I like Page as a TV title contender & think he should probably win.

I also like what they're doing with Cole's reign. My favorite time of Delirious' booking was during Cole's last reign when Hero, Briscoe, Steen and Elgin were all simultaneously gunning for the title. I like that Silas and Lethal are getting storyline matches and not just random defenses on the way to O'Reilly.

I also think them picking the guys they did for the Kingdom was intentionally to be unpopular. Taven & Bennett's gimmick was the "internet darlings" and I honestly think they wanted to create a real heel team the only way you can in ROH...by making people think you suck. It's risky, but I think it's good and they can't be worse than the fucking Cabinet.