Lucha Underground thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Lucha Underground thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From f4wonline:
Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo and Mayu Iwatani will be debuting on Sunday at the Lucha Underground tapings. They are three of the top stars from STARDOM and are three of the best wrestlers in the world.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Would maybe spoiler that, but it's badass news.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Spoiler: show
Sexy Star is the new Lucha Underground Champion after Aztec Warfare 3. Put the strap on a female. Unreal
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:
Sexy Star is the new Lucha Underground Champion after Aztec Warfare 3. Put the strap on a female. Unreal
Seems like they're really tripling down on the whole "inter-gender" thing. I'll be interested to see how this will come off on TV (when it eventually airs a year from now).
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Yeah, that's lame.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's some more interesting Lucha Underground spoilers:
One of the feuds of Season 3 looks to be Pentagon Jr. vs. the three STARDOM girls that came in for the recent TV Tapings. Apparently they kidnapped Pentagon Jr. during Aztec Warfare 3, and they supposed exchanged "broken arms" (Meltzer went into it in more detail on today's WOR, if you want to hear it).
Brada

Post by Brada »

anyone know where to get the season 3 complete tapings spoilers for last weekend?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:anyone know where to get the season 3 complete tapings spoilers for last weekend?
Meltzer will probably have a ton of spoilers in The Wrestling Observer when it comes out tonight...
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Here's some more interesting Lucha Underground spoilers:
One of the feuds of Season 3 looks to be Pentagon Jr. vs. the three STARDOM girls that came in for the recent TV Tapings. Apparently they kidnapped Pentagon Jr. during Aztec Warfare 3, and they supposed exchanged "broken arms" (Meltzer went into it in more detail on today's WOR, if you want to hear it).
Worst use of Pentagon ever. If this turns out to be true, I may be done with LU.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

STITCHES wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Here's some more interesting Lucha Underground spoilers:
Worst use of Pentagon ever. If this turns out to be true, I may be done with LU.
I guess we'll have to see when it does play out. I read about what happens with Pentagon Jr. at the end of the Season 2, and it's kind of disappointing that he still hasn't gotten the title.

For what it's worth, though, the three STARDOM girls were extremely over and the stars of those TV Tapings, according to some reports I've seen.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Yeah, really. By the way LU was going with the Vampiro/Pentagon connection, you'd think something greater would materialize.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just curious what others think about this...

So I've watched a couple episodes of LU, and I keep thinking how most if not all their roster used steroids. Specifically guys like cage, Evans, and a handful of luchadores. You really don't see that much in this business anymore with wwe cleaning things up. I can't help but think these guys are destroying their bodies/careers. I understand it's a rough business, but you would think with the deaths of tons of 80's wrestlers it would deter these guys from it.

Does anyone else have that same feeling about LU?
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Jack Evans doesn't look like he's using steroids. :?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Trevor Mann (Ricochet/Prince Puma) still hasn’t signed the new multi-year deal offered by Lucha Underground. I guess he pretty much has a deadline this weekend to make a decision since Johnny Mundo vs. Prince Puma is the title match at Ultimate Lucha Tres which will be taped on 6/26, with the stips that Puma has to retire if he doesn’t win the title. So they’ve booked themselves into a corner in the sense either Puma wins while not under contract for next season, which makes no sense, or he loses. And while they can certainly violate the stip since guys here come back from the dead, given what they are offering him, it’s probably not a match that it would make sense for him to lose. He’s got a significant money offer, believed to be for another four or five seasons, which would still allow him to work New Japan and indies. According to those close to the situation, with the guaranteed money here and what he could make with New Japan and indies, he’d be one of the highest paid non-WWE talents in the business, behind only people like Mysterio, the Hardys and Tanahashi. WWE is said to want him bad, although those close to the situation believe they wouldn’t guarantee him anywhere close to what it’s a lock he’d be making on this deal, and he can work limited dates on his own schedule as opposed to full-time. Technically based on the contract, the current deal would allow him to go to WWE six months after the conclusion of season three airs on television, or toward the end of 2017. There is a question of whether it would hold up for so long if he wasn’t being paid by Lucha Underground that entire time.

Rey Mysterio Jr. has also been approached about signing an extended deal. His current contract would technically expire six months after the conclusion of season four airing on television.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Next taping this weekend?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:Next taping this weekend?
I thought Ultima Lucha 3 was supposed to have been taped this past weekend (unless I got my dates mixed up)?
Brada

Post by Brada »

So at some point in the tapings schedule, Sexy Star drops the strap to Mundo. Then Mundo drops it to Puma. Pentagon Jr, who won the GOTG from Son of Havoc, cashes in and beats Puma at Ultima Lucha Tres with help from Vampiro (who I thought he had attacked previously). Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Russo booking Lucha now? lol
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@LuchaElRey
40 episodes, Cero Miedo. #LuchaUnderground Season 3 premieres Wednesday, September 7 at 8p ET on @ElReyNetwork!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »