The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Do you guys think Bayley will be at NXT in Brooklyn? Even though she could very well be on the main roster by then, I think she will compete for a little more on nxt even after she makes her raw debut much like the rest of the horsewomen did. I want to go to NXT in BK, but only if she is there. She's my favorite wrestler right now.
I think they're building to a big Asuka/Bayley rematch in Brooklyn, so I say she sticks around in NXT for at least a little while...
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Bobby Roode made his NXT wrestling debut in England yesterday. Wonder if Eric Young comes in full time now.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If they are going with Finn vs Nak at Takeover I'm going with the NXT title match being Joe vs Itami.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Zack Sabre, Jr. appears to have heat with NXT's upper management for "attitude" reasons.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Hideo Itami, who we’ve been told was close to coming back for some time after shoulder surgery (and he may have needed a second surgery because he had problems after the first one) wrote on Twitter “NXT Winter Haven,” which is a 6/30 show. We don’t know that’s his return, but as noted, he is expected back soon
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

NXT was fantastic this week.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

From tonight's NXT house show

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... mella-wwe/
Joe then delves into the seedy world of rumors and scoopz, as he takes a look at the in flux situation of several potential WWE signings. The list: Roderick Strong, Zack Sabre Jr, Johnny Gargano, Moose, and Ricochet. Finally, the curious case of Cody Rhodes’ release is broken down. Joe explains how there is way more beneath the surface than meets the eye.
Scoops time stamp 55:33

Moose:
WWE bound. The stalling has been the prior domestic violence incident. Talks way too much obviously.

Roderick Strong:
WWE bound. Had interest from TNA, but where’s the stability there?

Ricochet:
Lanza claims to have seen the offer and it was a “well into the six figures” guaranteed deal from “the network.” Compares the situation to Booker T.’s option in 2001, either sitting for the remainder of a huge AOL-TW contract, or betting on himself in WWF with a pay cut while much bigger WCW names stayed at home. Ultimately looks WWE bound which will be in 2017 as the new LU deal wasn’t signed.

Zack Sabre, Jr.:
3 completely different stories from 3 trusted sources fed to Lanza.
1. Sabre does NOT live in Orlando and isn’t “all that high” on signing with WWE.
2. Promoter tried booking Sabre but was told he isn’t taking anything after September 2016.
3. Sabre has heat with NXT management.

Johnny Gargano:
Three unrelated parties, two of them within minutes, told Lanza that Gargano is wrapping up his run on the indies in September 2016 and “has signed a full-time WWE contract.” WWN Live has a tentative Gargano farewell planned on 9/11/2016.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@ProjectCiampa 24h24 hours ago
September 25: Ciampa vs Sabre Jr. for Progress Wrestling will be my last independent wrestling date. #SummerOfThePsychoKiller
#ThankYou
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Didn't Roderick Strong once say if wwe wasn't interested he'd stay on the indies and ROH? I don't think he has interest in TNA. Hopefully he finally comes to NXT. He lives in Florida so that's perfect.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Hideo Itami’s arm that he had the shoulder surgery on is a lot smaller than the other arm, which means he’s not fully recovered. He’s also not the same performer at this point, and is also down ten to 15 pounds

Deonna Purrazzo is another name that has been takled about, which makes sense since they’ve used her a lot of NXT television and she had good camera presence

Cedric Alexander (Cederick Johnson), 26, Kota Ibushi, 34, Mascara Dorada, 27, and Akira Tozawa, 30, from the cruiserweight classic group are believed to have been offered contracts and are headed in. Yoshihiro Tajiri, 45, is also under consideration.

Sources in Mexico confirm Dorada agreed to a deal on 7/15 although it is not confirmed when any of them will report. None of these names have signed contracts yet because there is all the background work and medicals that still need to be done, but all are in that process. What will be tough for Dorada is that he’s coming in speaking almost no English but he’s the kind of a guy who can get over pretty well on the NXT tour, as could Alexander since he comes in with ROH credibility. He’s a very good high flyer, really one of the best in Mexico and can translate to WWE style better due to all his experience in working in Japan.

Ibushi should be on the main roster as he’s more than ready right now, and is older than most people think and already comes in with a bad neck. The thing with the main roster, not so much NXT, is you can have some guys who don’t speak the language well but I don’t think you want to overload on them either. Usually WWE is going to shy away from 34 year olds with a bad neck who are less than 190 pounds, but Ibushi is a special talent. Tozawa would be leaving Dragon Gate, his home promotion since the start of his career since 2005. There is not a confirmation all have accepted but the belief is they all will.

Others may be signed as well, particularly when you get to the final four where you’ve got to think nobody gets to the final four without some kind of a commitment.

In addition, both Tommaso Ciampa (Tommaso Whitney, 31) and Johnny Gargano, 28, will be going full-time shortly, probably around October, to WWE, probably through NXT. Both are finishing up their independent bookings right now.

The fact Dorada was using a different name in the tournament then he had ever used before would seemingly indicate that they at least expected to sign him all along.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There is talk of doing a WWE Network Takeover special when they tour Australia/New Zealand in 2017

Shayna Baszler was recently at the Performance Center training with Natalya (who goes to California to train with her from time-to-time), Charlotte (who has been lauded for how quickly she’s been able to pick up and understand legit submission grappling) and Nikki Bella. Baszler is an interesting case because obviously her goal at this point would be WWE, has picked up pro wrestling quickly, but for a company that has turned down good prospects at 31, for someone who is now 36 to start, that’s going to be tough odds to buck

Michaels had said to people that he’s relocating himself and his family to Orlando (he had been living in Ovalo, TX, a location he had kept secret to all but his friends and the people who did his hunting show with, as he had moved his family out of San Antonio a long time ago) to take over as a main coach at the Performance Center. Paul Levesque on the NXT conference call said that it was up in the air and dependent on whether Michaels makes the decision to relocate his family to Orlando or not whether he will take a full-time position. It may not be finalized, and Michaels has already been coaching, but Michaels just put his “Shoot on Sight,” 497 acre ranch and home, cabin, lodge, pavilion on sale $1,995,000. It was said he’s looking at taking over the position Terry Taylor had, but Taylor is now out of action due to neck surgery. NXT coaches Sara Amato and Adam Pearce are being elevated to the main roster to serve as agents and producers. Amato had been doing that already
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per Meltzer, Bayley's main roster graduation has long been earmarked for September.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm going to tonight's NXT takeover. The ticket says it starts at 7:30, but I hear that they will be taping matches to air on the 8/24 NXT. I wonder when those will start? I read Kota Ibushi will be at takeover so I hope he has a match taped and I don't want to miss it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Tour dates and locations are as follows:

- December 5th —- Auckland, NZ | The Trusts Arena

- December 6th - Wellington, NZ | TBS Bank Arena

- December 8th - Melbourne, Australia | Margaret Court Arena

- December 10th - Newcastle, Australia | Newcastle Entertainment Centre

- December 11th - Gold Coast, Australia | Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Center

- December 13th - Sydney, Australia | Qudos Bank Arena

- December 14th - Canberra, Australia | AIS Arena

- December 15 - Perth, Australia | HBF Arena

Tickets are available starting September 5th.