Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Burnside

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by Burnside »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
I think he could go full babyface, especially being aligned with Dragon and Briscoes.
He's clearly a babyface now.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

FanSinceHDNet wrote: Don't know if it was Freudian or intentional but the announcers on the Road shows stressed that Lethal has been conflicted in his behavior, playing up that his competitive edge is there but he recognizes the threat of Bullet Club.

I think he could go full babyface, especially being aligned with Dragon and Briscoes.

I'm guessing Hendrix hitting Sinclair has gotten her suspended in kayfabe and that's the out to get her away from Lethal?
I think it's been on purpose it's been the little subtle things lately like that, that I have liked about the turn.

Definitely, I do wonder what's going to happen with Red Dragon though as I felt that they were taking Fish in a full heel direction, but this might be all change now and they will go with Buck's and Red Dragon.

I think the whole House of Truth thing is interesting as I can see Martini and Taylor both turning on Lethal to really set in stone Lethal being a babyface. I have no idea what the deal is with Martini though, I know he has been "recovering" from the neck break etc but it just seems to have vanished after that one video of him coming out of hospital. Plus with Hendrix going after Mandy Leon Taylor will be playing the heel so they've got to split Lethal away from at some point.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

While I’m glad that the most of the roster now have directions, ROH’s top angle really ought to have happened at the May tapings. And, of course, I don’t know if I want to see a champion babyface Lethal without Truth Martini adding idiomatic dimension. Babyface Lethal is historically very bland.

I can’t shake the feeling of coldness for all of their titles.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:I actually think this taping has a much stronger sense of direction than most of the recent shows.

- They're going with Lethal vs Cole on top, which is the best option they have

- Bullet Club are clearly heels

- Jay White and Kamaitachi inserted into a feud instead of left doing arbitrary undercard matches for months like you might expect from Delirious

- Mark Briscoe & ACH both win on PPV, wrestle each other for a TV title shot, Marks wins, Fish vs Mark Briscoe will be good. Good ABC booking resulting in a good match. 
They must be doing something right if Burnside has positive things to say about the TV Tapings. :lol:

...but in all seriousness, you did bring up a very good point.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Roderick Strong leaves and we are cursed with more P. Dogg. Ugh.
But... but... how can you say that about someone who is 'Jimmy Rave Approved'?

It sounds like a quick squash with a local that leads into the Dijak match, which is about what Posey is good for and all they've done with him since that awful match he had with Hollis. Now if it was a real match... I'll double down on the Ugh.

Oh yes, I found Posey's JRA bit