Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Brada

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Brada »

I just don't see the point in that with Alexander basically getting squashed.

They have really missed the boat with Ced.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I thought when Cedric Alexander went singles that TV title gold was in his future.

Boy, was I wrong. Poor guy.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I think the time to pull the trigger was at ASE6 when ACH no-showed and Cedric got an impromptu title shot. He was coming off a victory over Lethal in the Gauntlet match a couple months before and was singled out by Kevin Steen in his farewell speech as the future of the company. I think had Delirious not decided to do the World Title change that night he might've considered it. The story almost wrote itself.

Then when he turned heel I thought he had a shot...but at this point I don't think there's anything they can really do with him.

For what it's worth, after their feud Roddy was asked about Cedric on a podcast and (without directly burying him) wasn't too high on him. He said he was talented, but he'd told him that if he was serious about doing this he needed to commit himself more and get into better shape (he had trouble keeping up w/Roddy). Maybe that opinion wasn't just Roddy's.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

He's just not that good. His moveset is pretty basic for a highflyer so he doesn't even stand out, his in-ring work is unimpressive if not bad (that fucking Elgin title match...), he can't cut a promo and he lacks charisma. Again, he's a solid territory guy (he's one of the top guys in quite a few regional promotions), but he's too limited to be anything more than an undercard flippy guy/X division geek on a bigger stage.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Brada wrote:I just don't see the point in that with Alexander basically getting squashed.

They have really missed the boat with Ced.
I don't think so, he had a great story with Roddy and they gave him a match against Okada, where, ironically, even the lightings where against him.
They paired him with Veda who can cut great promos but i can't see him having a great match against someone who can't carry him which is why he is not good enough to pretend to a title, especially now after an excellent TV Title reign by Jay Lethal.
ImageImage
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:He's just not that good. His moveset is pretty basic for a highflyer so he doesn't even stand out, his in-ring work is unimpressive if not bad (that fucking Elgin title match...), he can't cut a promo and he lacks charisma. Again, he's a solid territory guy (he's one of the top guys in quite a few regional promotions), but he's too limited to be anything more than an undercard flippy guy/X division geek on a bigger stage.
Yep. Can't believe Ciampa was let go and this guy is still on the roster.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From PWInsider, via 411Mania:
– ROH manager Truth Martini will undergo neck surgery this week. ROH ran an angle at Saturday’s TV tapings to write him off of TV.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I wonder if this neck surgery is needed because of the spinarooni. They need to outlaw that move.

In all seriousness, hope the best for Truth Martini. Here is to a safe operation and recovery. His presence at ringside will be missed.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Cedric Alexander update: Meltzer reports Tomihiro Ishii was injured by a kick from Alexander at the TV taping.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:Cedric Alexander update: Meltzer reports Tomihiro Ishii was injured by a kick from Alexander at the TV taping.
So that's the third injury in a match with Cedric Alexander in six months (ACH in October, Strong in November, now Ishii), though we obviously don't know if this was a concussion, or something else.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

What a clown, especially since it's the billionth time he's hurting someone. Please let this guy go to TNA so he can stink up the joint there and give his spot to literally anyone else.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:What a clown, especially since it's the billionth time he's hurting someone. Please let this guy go to TNA so he can stink up the joint there and give his spot to literally anyone else.
I agree. The guy is careless. Get rid of him before he cripples someone. TNA wants to throw money at ROH free agents, then let this guy go once and for all.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Burnside wrote:Cedric Alexander update: Meltzer reports Tomihiro Ishii was injured by a kick from Alexander at the TV taping.
really? damn cedric
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:
really? damn cedric
It is weird because he hasn't been doing anything different in his moveset and you never used to hear people getting injurd from it. But yeah, that's way too many injuries that shouldn't be happening.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DBSommer wrote:
monster mafia wrote:
really? damn cedric
It is weird because he hasn't been doing anything different in his moveset and you never used to hear people getting injurd from it. But yeah, that's way too many injuries that shouldn't be happening.
I wonder if there will be a rematch in May. Delirious might just throw Alexander out there again and have Ishii stiff the hell out of him. I don't know if it's laziness or carelessness, but either way, someone is going to teach Cedric a lesson if these injuries continue to happen to his opponents.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Thelone wrote:He's just not that good. His moveset is pretty basic for a highflyer so he doesn't even stand out, his in-ring work is unimpressive if not bad (that fucking Elgin title match...), he can't cut a promo and he lacks charisma. Again, he's a solid territory guy (he's one of the top guys in quite a few regional promotions), but he's too limited to be anything more than an undercard flippy guy/X division geek on a bigger stage.
Yeah, I'm still confused by that. Last I remember, Ciampa assaulted a referee at the end of a match, Kevin Kelly described that as a consequence-heavy action on his part and... that was it. What happened?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

STITCHES wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Yeah, I'm still confused by that. Last I remember, Ciampa assaulted a referee at the end of a match, Kevin Kelly described that as a consequence-heavy action on his part and... that was it. What happened?
Kayfabe way for writing him out of ROH.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Storyline was that Ciampa was on "probation" after snapping and attacking a referee, Kevin Kelly and Bobby Cruise (that attack was awesome by the way), and that if he did anything like it again he'd be fired. He and ROH decided to part ways and on his way out he lost to his biggest rival Lethal and after attacked a referee again, so he was fired.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

I thought so. Just couldn't tell if there was more to the story. Was he just not happy with being in ROH anymore?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

STITCHES wrote:I thought so. Just couldn't tell if there was more to the story. Was he just not happy with being in ROH anymore?
Delirious fucked up his booking beyond belief. Despite that he wanted a contract and was told no. He seems to be doing quite all right for himself since then. The times he's been on NXT, he's looked great, and he's over with the fans.