Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apologies for setting up this thread a little later than usual.

ROH 14th Anniversary Show: Night 2
Las Vegas, Nevada 2/27/16

- Kenny Omega vs. ACH

Signed To Appear:

- ROH World Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini)
- ROH World Tag Team Champions War Machine
- ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong
- CHAOS (IWGP Heavyweight Champion "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, & Gedo)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi
- The Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks)
- Hirooki Goto
- Adam Cole
- reDRagon
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- The Briscoes
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA
- Matt Sydal
- Alex Shelley
- Moose (with Stokely Hathaway)
- The All-Night Express
- Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott)
- The KRD (The Addiction & Chris Sabin)
- Adam Page
- BJ Whitmer
- Mandy Leon

Keep all discussions here...
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For the second year in a row, Ring of Honor celebrates its anniversary in LAS VEGAS! On February 26th, all your favorite ROH stars head to the fight capital of the world for ROH's 14TH ANNIVERSARY! Not only will this be a massive live event for all in attendance, the 14TH ANNIVERSARY is available LIVE on pay-per-view. Plus, this year's anniversary features stars from NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!

Just one week after some of ROH's athletes journey to Japan for a weekend of collaborative events, some of the top stars from NJPW - including current IWGP Heavyweight Champion OKADA - will travel to Las Vegas and compete at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY! And the very next night, February 27th, Ring of Honor is back at Sam's Town Live! for an ROH television taping featuring all of the fallout from the 14 ANNIVERSARY!

This television taping will see championships defended - no matter who comes out victorious the night before! Plus, the NJPW stars from the 14TH ANNIVERSARY pay-per-view will all be in action the next day at Sam's Town Live! Just signed for February 27th:

"THE CLEANER" KENNY OMEGA vs ACH

The entire professional wrestling world has been buzzing with the news that KENNY OMEGA is returning to Ring of Honor! "The Cleaner" has become one of the most uniquely engaging athletes in the sport but, with few exceptions, the only way to see him was in NJPW. On February 26th, Omega teams up with his fellow "elite" members of the Bullet Club, The Young Bucks, to take on ACH, Matt Sydal, and KUSHIDA! This match is a potential show-stealer interwoven with several very personal rivalries. But the whatever happens on Friday, the fallout spills onto Saturday when ACH faces Omega one-on-one!

This is a match that many ROH fans requested and it's going down on February 28th. ACH and Omega have squared off before and wrestling fans still talk about that contest long after. But now they battle in an ROH ring for the very first time! Depending on what happens the night before at the pay-per-view, this could be an absolute war. ACH continues to innovate his own signature style of wrestling while Kenny Omega is without a doubt one of the best in the world. Don't miss your chance to see ACH VS. OEMGA live in Las Vegas!

Tickets for the 14th Anniversary Pay Per View event are SOLD OUT, but you can still see the stars of ROH & New Japan collide the National TV Taping on Saturday, February 27th. Order your tickets now by clicking HERE, as this event is expected to sell out as well!
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Tim Hughes versus Adam Cole for the ROH World Title (assuming Cole wins at the PPV) or we riot!
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Tim Hughes versus Adam Cole for the ROH World Title (assuming Cole wins at the PPV) or we riot!
Is the general consensus here that Cole is winning the 3-way at the PPV and taking home the gold? If they go that route I'm gonna be so disappointed in Lethal's reign.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Mike Adamle wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:Tim Hughes versus Adam Cole for the ROH World Title (assuming Cole wins at the PPV) or we riot!
Is the general consensus here that Cole is winning the 3-way at the PPV and taking home the gold? If they go that route I'm gonna be so disappointed in Lethal's reign.
What is interesting to me about the PPV is that I legitimately have no idea who will walk out with the championship. That is one thing ROH has done better than WWE or TNA in the last year or so. That being said, I could very much see Lethal or Cole walking out champ. O'Reilly doesn't make quite as much sense to me.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I agree with O'Reilly really not making sense as champ. And while I agree that Cole would be fine, what would Lethal do right now without the strap?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Go back to the midcard, that's always what was going to happen. Oh, and he can job to those New Japan guys also.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Lethal leaves Sin City with the strap....
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I would hope Lethal stays in the upper midcard. If Shelley keeps wrestling solo matches, I'd love a Shelley/Lethal feud.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:Go back to the midcard, that's always what was going to happen. Oh, and he can job to those New Japan guys also.
This is the inevitable outcome. The only other alternative would be to put him in a tag team so he can become another triple crown champion.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Lethal can stay in the main event scene after losing the belt by turning face. They've killed O'Reilly as a face and seem unwilling to use Jay Briscoe on top, so there's pretty much nobody else.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think Best in the World will have some one-on-one variation of the competitors in this match. To give that match its heat, I imagine that the World Title will stay on Lethal in the meantime.

However, I do think it’s very possible for Jay to transition into a face character during the span of February and June. I think a Lethal/Cole program would be a major matchup, fitting the scale of a Best in the World main event (which really is now the biggest show of the year).
Brada

Post by Brada »

You think Jay could get the right crowd reaction as a face with Truth staying as the mouthpiece?

Having trouble seeing that, but maybe you're right...
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lethal is one of the most capable and saleable promos today. Yes, I think he can get over as a face and sell the match on his own. It doesn’t hurt that Cole is his opponent, whom can get Lethal over as a face on his own.

Truth can keep himself occupied feuding with Dijak.

While a Cole/Lethal program would be an involving course from now until BitW, Cole vs. O’Reilly in June for the World Title just seems riskier. O’Reilly would be utterly vanquished as main event challenger by then and certainly thereafter if he didn’t win.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Or!, if you think like a Lizard, you could book for Dijak to make his return at the PPV to screw over Lethal, forging the ‘House of the Kingdom,’ comprised of Adam Cole, Dijak, Taven, and Martini, where they were in it all along, and Lethal wants retribution, taking on the whole gang en route to retrieve his World Title, all the while the crowd at Best in the World knows Lethal has no chance of regaining his belt, killing Cole, Lethal, and TV PPVs forever or making ROH more profitable than ever who knows their market seems really confusing yes let’s book it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just added:

For the second year in a row, Ring of Honor celebrates its anniversary in LAS VEGAS! On February 26th, all your favorite ROH stars head to the fight capital of the world for ROH's 14TH ANNIVERSARY! Not only will this be a massive live event for all in attendance, the 14TH ANNIVERSARY is available LIVE on pay-per-view. Plus, this year's anniversary features stars from NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!

Just one week after some of ROH's athletes journey to Japan for a weekend of collaborative events, some of the top stars from NJPW - including current IWGP Heavyweight Champion OKADA - will travel to Las Vegas and compete at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY! And the very next night, February 27th, Ring of Honor is back at Sam's Town Live! for an ROH television taping featuring all of the fallout from the 14 ANNIVERSARY!

This television taping will see championships defended - no matter who comes out victorious the night before! Plus, the NJPW stars from the 14TH ANNIVERSARY pay-per-view will all be in action the next day at Sam's Town Live! Just signed for February 27th:

ADAM COLE VS. KUSHIDA

On February 26th at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY live on pay-per-view, Adam Cole has the opportunity to win the ROH World Championship and enter his second reign as champion! He takes on current champion, Jay Lethal, and his most bitter rival, Kyle O'Reilly, in the main event of a stacked pay-per-view event.

Regardless of the outcome, Adam Cole will be coming off a battle with two of the best in the world, and the very next night he takes on yet another incredible athlete: KUSHIDA!

KUSHIDA will be fresh off what's sure to be a non-stop, high intensity trios match against Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY. But there's no time off in Vegas with Adam Cole next on the agenda. KUSHIDA is the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, a title he's now claimed three times. He is at the absolute top of his game! The moment has never been better for this first-time-ever match up between KUSHIDA and Adam Cole!

Will Adam Cole be ROH World Champion on February 27th? While no titles are signed to be defended in this match, whether or not he's reclaimed his championship is sure to have a major psychological effect on Cole. And if KUSHIDA can defeat Adam Cole 24 hours after the ANNIVERSARY, that's bound to reap future Ring of Honor opportunities for him!

Tickets for the 14th Anniversary Pay Per View event are SOLD OUT, but you can still see the stars of ROH & New Japan collide the National TV Taping on Saturday, February 27th. Order your tickets now by clicking HERE, as this event is expected to sell out as well!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

holly shit this weekend is gonna be wild!
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Not really surprising since his match where he won the TPT won't air until March : you can forgot about a TV Title opportunity during this Taping for Lio Rush, considering he is booked the same day in MCW Pro Wrestling.
ImageImage