The Beyond Wrestling/Women's Wrestling Revolution Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
spundover

Re: The Beyond Wrestling Thread

Post by spundover »

I'm fairly new to Beyond(my first show was Life Sucks...),but I really enjoy this promotion. The wrestling is top notch, the food is some of the best in the business, Fete is a great venue and the fans are engaged and having fun. Having the fans so close to the ring was the first glaring difference,giving Beyond an interesting feel, right out of the gate. I haven't really found a bad sightline at Fete,even with a sold out crowd I was able to see.
Mostly I wanted to mention how much I loved Greatest Rivals Round Robin, top to bottom, one of the best live events I have seen this year. I rewatched it on Beyondemand and it still holds up,I'm used to watching shitty old VHS tapes so video quality,lighting and such, don't bother me. It could be better but it's in 1080p and it's not blurry with a bunch of tracking lines through it, works for me.
All the Round Robin matches delivered, Edwards/Gulak was brutal and awesome.This was my first time seeing Thatcher, Everett and Lee can't wait for them to come back. AR Fox/Brian Fury had my favorite non-RR match of the night, Brian Fury is highly underrated, great story and mix of styles. I was also really happy to finally see Ricochet live.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

im glad the show held up for you when you watched it again. i go to almost all their shows and often times when i watch it again i find something lacking. still a real good promotion though. i think ROH needs to take a hint from Beyond on how to let Dijak loose. now i just wish Beyond would realize that nobody cares about the Crusade for Change.
spundover

Post by spundover »

I can't wait for them to let Dijak loose in ROH. He consistently has the best matches in Beyond. I had trouble parking at the Somerville show, so I was late and was only able to see the end of Dijak/Everett match, it should be on beyondemand soon. TFT4 is taking shape, I'll be at the Saturday show, I'm annoyed that I can't go to the Sunday show and see Dijak/Hero. The Crusade For Change doesn't do much for me either but I think Darius Carter is pretty decent in the ring.
spundover

Post by spundover »

They just added Powder Keg to Beyondemand today. Good timing for me,now I can see the match I missed.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Beyond is so weird for me in that the matches on paper look good, but then when I see them, I'm usually left with a feeling that it was underwhelming. Not that I've seen a ton of matches, but it happens more often than I would like.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

spundover wrote: I had trouble parking at the Somerville show

yeah i hope there isnt snow on the ground for the next Somerville show in January,parking was tough as it is.i got there early,i drove around a bit and i guess you dont need a permit for the on street parking on sundays.
spundover

Post by spundover »

dark patriot wrote:
spundover wrote: I had trouble parking at the Somerville show

yeah i hope there isnt snow on the ground for the next Somerville show in January,parking was tough as it is.i got there early,i drove around a bit and i guess you dont need a permit for the on street parking on sundays.
I was thinking the same thing. In January I'll get there earlier. I did watch the Dijak/Everett match, it was solid.
spundover

Post by spundover »

DBSommer wrote:Beyond is so weird for me in that the matches on paper look good, but then when I see them, I'm usually left with a feeling that it was underwhelming. Not that I've seen a ton of matches, but it happens more often than I would like.
My friend said something similar, but it was the size of the ring that was bothering him. When I started going to wrestling shows I remember thinking the ring was so much smaller than it looked on TV. Beyond was the first promotion that I thought the ring looked bigger in person than on TV.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Beyond Wrestling Tournament for Tomorrow 4
Nov 28, 2015
Providence, RI
Credit: Marcus Rivera

*FIRST TIME EVER*
Donovan Dijak def JT Dunn via Feast Your Eyes. Joey Janela came in & attacked Dunn after the match. Dunn called him out for a match after

*STYLES CLASH*
Matt Tremont def Jonathan Gresham via Death Valley Driver

*THE FREAKIN’ TAG TEAM MATCH*
Team TREMENDOUS (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) def The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) via Book Em Danno

*SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: MATTHEW RIDDLE*
Eric “Dream Catcher” Spicely def Chuck “Cold Steel” O’Neil via armbar

*TFT4 SINGLES BLOCK A*
Brian Fury def Darius Carter & “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams & Jay Freddie via Boston Crab on Freddie

*TFT4 SINGLES BLOCK B*
Lio Rush def Travis “Air” Gordon & Charade & Devin Blaze via Frog Splash on Charade

*TFT4 SINGLES BLOCK C*
Ryan Galeone def Black Baron & Rex Lawless & TJ Marconi via Powerbomb on Baron.

*TFT4 SINGLES BLOCK D*
David Starr def Francis Kip Stevens & Pinkie Sanchez & Tommy Trainwreck via straight jacket German Suplex on FKS

*TFT4 TAG TEAM BLOCK A*
Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack) def Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Flex Rumblecrunch) & Viking War Party (Frank Wyatt & American Viking with Little Viking) & Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds) via Burning Hammer on Little Viking

*TFT4 TAG TEAM BLOCK B*
Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) def Dub Boys (David McCall & Nate Carter) & Scumbag Nation (Rude Boy Riley & Logan Black) & Amazing Gulaks (Drew Gulak & Rory Gulak) via Pazuzu Bomb/Splash on Rude Boy Riley

*TFT4 TAG TEAM BLOCK C*
EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz) def Gentleman’s Club (Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy) &
Massage NV (VSK & Dorian Graves) & Submission Squad (Gary Jay & Evan Gelistico) via powerbomb/neckbreaker combo on VSK

*TFT4 TAG TEAM BLOCK D*
Kimber Lee & Shynron def Milk Chocolate (Brandon Watts & Randy Summers) & Mike Graca & Smiley & Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro) via Alligator Clutch on Davey Cash

Beyond Wrestling Tournament for Tomorrow 4
Nov 29, 2015
Providence, RI

*FIRST TIME EVER*
Donovan Dijak def Chris Hero via Feast Your Eyes.

*TFT4 SINGLES FINALS – Elimination Match*
Brain Fury def Ryan Galeone, Lio Rush & David Starr to win TFT singles tournament

*TFT4 TAG TEAM FINALS – Elimination Match*
Da Hit Squad def Doom Patrol, EYFBO & Kimber Lee/Shynron to win TFT tag tournament

*FATAL FOUR WAY*
Jonathan Gresham def Moose, Black Baron & Charade via knee submission from Gresham on Charade.

The Gentleman’s Club (Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy & Swamp Monster) def Viking War Party (Frank Wyatt & American Viking with Little Viking) via Awful Waffle from Taylor on Little Viking.

Stockade & Matt Tremont def the Original Throwbacks (Sugar D & Dasher Hatfield) after Tremont hit Suga D with a sitout powerbomb.

Anthony Stone def Mr. Touchdown via 2nd rope Meteora.

Joey Janela def JT Dunn via DQ.

Matt Riddle, Chuck O’Neil & Eric Spicely def The Amazing Gulaks & “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams via submission when Drew Gulak taps to a Riddle Cross Arm Breaker.

Crusade for Change def Team Tremendous, Dick Justice & Officer Colt Cabana after TJ Marconi hit Justice with a running big boot.

12/27/15 will be the last Beyond Wrestling show run at Fete Music. DC says that Beyond will go on…

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/11/29/ ... 2-results/
via the burninghammer.com
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

You're telling me Da Hit Squad won a tournament called Tournament for Tomorrow?
Tim

Post by Tim »

Will Beyond go on? I have serious doubts. The shows get worse and worse, which is why the attendance keeps droping. Look at how many guys were booked this weekend, how many of them are actually intresting? Drew really should'nt be surprised that he dosen't draw.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

To an extent, I can see why Beyond may be in some trouble here. They booked 3 guys between the ages of 36-39 to win the tournament for "tomorrow". I'm OK with the Da Hit Squad, I don't think they're terrible, but they probably shouldn't be winning any tournaments. And Brian Fury, although I don't like him much, probably shouldn't be winning tournaments either.

But, I will say that Beyond booked a lot of interesting talent this weekend, and normally does. Hero, Dijak, Starr, Dunn, Shynron, Gresham, Gulak, Chucky T, Janela, Rush, Gordon, Team Tremendous, Throwbacks, EYFBO all range from decent to great.

Nonetheless, 2016 will probably be a make or break year.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Can anyone shed light on why they can't continue at Fete?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

lariat_tubman wrote:Can anyone shed light on why they can't continue at Fete?
From what I've seen on Twitter, there was a recent change of ownership and the new people who run Fete, I guess, either aren't getting along with Beyond Wrestling or don't want wrestling anymore (I don't know the actual story. I'm just going off speculation I've seen).
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i was never fond of the Fete like some people but it is closer to me than Somerville. attendance has always been up and down i woudlnt read too much into that. they sold out Somerville(350ish) id say just a few months ago and more than that for Americanrana in July at the Fete.
spundover

Post by spundover »

JustSkiff wrote:You're telling me Da Hit Squad won a tournament called Tournament for Tomorrow?
I thought the same thing, I have no problem with Da Hit Squad,I'm happy they are still working,but winning a tournament for "Tomorrow" seems very odd.
On the other hand, I'm happy Brian Fury won the tournament.He may be a little bit older but he's one of the more underrated guys. Brian and I went to school together,I've been watching him wrestle for a long time. In the early years he was solid,but just another worker. When I saw him wrestle in Beyond for the first time a few months ago, I hadn't seen him wrestle in over 10 years. I was blown away at how good he is in the ring, solid storyteller and able to mix well with multiple styles. At a couple of the Beyond shows I thought he had one of the best matches of the night. Check out Fury/Dijak-Teacher Vs. Student at Americanrana 15, also Fury/Trevor Lee from Powder Keg and Fury/Ar Fox from GRRR.
I really like Fete as a wrestling venue, it has a unique look, decent sightlines and I'm always a fan of a balcony that's fairly close to the ring. I really enjoyed the Arts at the Armory venue in Somerville,I'm glad they are going back there, and it's closer to my house.
Hopefully everything works out on the business end for Beyond. I think they are slightly different than some of the other New England promotions. I have really enjoyed all the events that I have been to in my short time going to Beyond shows.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Today at 4 PM
Fete Music Hall
103 Dike St, Providence, Rhode Island 02909

Matches Announced For Beyond Wrestling #FeteFinale:

*Dream Match*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Donovan Dijak

*Strong Style Showdown*
Strong Style Thugs (Low Ki & Homicide) vs. Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack)

*The Final Encounter*
Kimber Lee vs. Chris Dickinson

*Pick Your Poison*
Sami Callihan vs. Joey Janela

*Pick Your Poison*
Chris Hero vs. JT Dunn

*Fans Bring The Weapons*
Matt Tremont vs. Suge D

*TFT4 Rematch*
David Starr vs. Brian Fury

*Mystery Partner*
Matthew Riddle & ??? vs. “Cold Steel” Chuck O’Neil & “Dream Catcher” Eric Spicely
Beyond FB
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Beyond Wrestling Fete Finale
Dec 27, 2015
Providence, RI

*Fans Bring The Weapons*

Matt Tremont def Suge D via a Death Valley Driver thru a Christmas Tree covered in barb wire.

An impromptu street fighter broke out between Team Pazuzu (EYFBO, Pinkie Sanchez & Jaka) and the Crusade for Change (TJ Marconi, Darius Carter, Tommy Trainwreck and Anthony Gangone from HOG) with Pazuzu standing tall after all was said and done.

*Mystery Partner*

Matthew Riddle & his mystery partner Drew Gulak def “Cold Steel” Chuck O’Neil & “Dream Catcher” Eric Spicely when Riddle school boy’d O’Neil. O’Neil busted Riddle open with a strike & he started bleeding. During the refs break up, Riddle snuck up on O’Neil and got the win.

*TFT4 Rematch*

Brian Fury def David Starr via submission after hitting Starr with a pop up powerbomb & then transitioning into a Boston Crab. Both men shook hands after the match.

*Strong Style Showdown*

Strong Style Thugs (Low Ki & Homicide) vs. Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack) ended in a DQ after Pinkie Sanchez interfered and tossed Low Ki from the top rope. Pinkie urged Team Pazuzu to finish the teams off but they backed off allowing Da Hit Squad to hit their finisher and Low Ki/Homocide to hit the Cop Killer/Double Stomp combo on Pinkie.

*Pick Your Poison*

Sami Callihan def Joey Janela in a hard hitting match via submission with the Stretch Muffler. Janela was attacked by JT Dunn afterwards till Chris Hero intervened. Dunn then attacked Hero leading to…

*Pick Your Poison*

Chris Hero def JT Dunn after Janela distracted Dunn from coming off the top rope. Hero then was able to hit a spike piledriver from the second rope and get the pinfall.

*Dream Match*

Donovan Dijak def Tommaso Ciampa after hitting him the Project Ciampa. Originally Ciampa picked up the win in 20 seconds after reversing the FYE & hitting a running knee to the face. The ref outside the ring had ref Kevin Quinn check Ciampa’s kneepad and found it was loaded. The match was then restarted.

*The Final Encounter*

Chris Dickinson def Kimber Lee after she reversed the Pazuzu Bomb, which he then reversed into the Alligator Clutch, her own finisher. They both shook hands & Dickinson attacked her. Before he could hit the Pazuzu Bomb, Donovan Dijak stopped him. Pinkie Sanchez entered the ring but once the mask was removed, it was revealed as Sami Callihan, who attacked Dijak. Callihan & Dickinson reformed the US Death Machine.

Zack Sabre Jr makes his Beyond debut on 1/31/16
http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/12/27/ ... e-results/
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

‏@beyondwrestling 2h2 hours ago
Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano will be teaming at The Dream Left Behind on 1/31! What tag team should they face? http://fb.me/U9PtoFyC
joshkyleo'reillyfan

Post by joshkyleo'reillyfan »

I find it really funny how they hyped up ZSJ so much and then they were like..."he's facing Brian Fury!!" He also hyped up Gargano and hes teamin up with Ciampa against...Da Hit Squad! I'm hoping the attempt at making the company revolve around Da Hit Squad and Brian Fury ends very soon.