Official Final Battle 2015: Aftermath TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Fawrules

Re: Official Final Battle 2015: Aftermath TV Tapings Thread

Post by Fawrules »

187_Joeism wrote:Cartoon Dave ‏@DaveMuscarella
Roderick Strong wins after a running knee to Stevie's face. Great opener. #WatchROH
I would have zero issue with Stevie being used periodically as a vet to put guys over. Though I suppose I'm a tad bias, been a mark for the guy ever since I first started going back and watching his stuff with Raven/BWO a little over a decade ago.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

WHG wrote:Looks like Bennett & Maria are officially done after tonight. Taven is reportedly under contract until March.

I wonder if they know where they are going (TNA would seem to be the favorite to me because I can't see legit WWE interest and I could see Dixie thinking they're a big deal because she was in the WWE and on a reality show)...or if it's more of a Ciampa situation where they've just decided to leave without a clear landing spot?
The business has changed so much in 2015. It legit wouldn't shock me to see WWE offer anyone bookings as at least a part time free agent like they have as of late with Gargano, Ciampa, etc, in an attempt to stockpile NXT/put the screws to ROH in the process.

And there has seemed to be a bit of TNA chatter in the last 24 hours, though for the life of me I can't see why anyone would choose TNA over ROH in 2015 short of TNA overpaying for people before they start on POP.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope TNA overpay for them
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full TV Taping Results via PWP:
ROH Final Battle Aftermath TV Tapings
Dec 19, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Credit: Women’s Wrestling Podcast co-host Dave Muscarella

Pre show: Lio Rush def Vinny Marseglia

Episode 1
ROH TV Champion Roderick Strong def Stevie Richards after a running knee
– was not announced as a TV championship match

Bobby Fish comes out for a special live edition of the Fish Tank and showed pictures of Strong tapping. Strong denied it and walked away.

NO DQ Match: Caprice Coleman def Will Ferrara when Coleman leg drops Ferrara through a table

Jonathan Gresham def Cedric Alexander w/ Veda Scott after he turns a cocky cover into a roll up

Michael Elgin def Donovan Dijak after 2 sitout powerbombs
– Lethal and Elgin faced off in the ring

Women of Honor match: Mandy Leon and Sumie Sakai def Hania Huntress and Deonna Purrazzo after moonsaults from both on Hania

Episode 2

ANX def Roppongi Vice when Kenny Kong rolls up Trent?

Storyline with the Kingdom is next. Taven is on crutches. Cole says Taven/Bennett dropped the ball. Out comes redDragon. Nigel makes a match for “next week” Kingdom vs RedDragon. Young Bucks come out next. Nigel adds them in to the match too and makes it a street fight.

ROH Tag Champions War Machine def House of Truth (Donovan Dijak & Joey Daddiego) after hitting fallout
– Truth Martini says he’s starting to realize Dijack is the weak link of the House of Truth
– “The House of Truth doesn’t need you anymore” Martini slaps Dijack the fires him.

Dalton Castle def Jay Briscoe, Matt Sydal, Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway when he pins Sydal

ROH returns to the 2300 Arena on March 12

Women of Honor: Kelly Klein def Veda Scott, Kimber Lee, Taelor Hendrix when she submits Veda

Episode 3

The Addiction def ACH & Alex Shelley when Daniels pins ACH
– After the match, the Addiction & Sabin attack Shelley. Daniels hits the ref, Nigel comes out and suspends Daniels.

Mark Briscoe def Adam Page with froggy bow

BJ Whitmer and Mr Wrestling 3 have an in ring argument
“I cannot tell a lie, but I am not Steve Corino.. but I know Steve Corino!”

Silas Young cuts a promo and says Final Battle was a disappoint. “I let those boys sleep in my basement!”

Philly Street Fight: Young Bucks def The Kingdom (Cole and Bennett) & RedDragon with help from help from AJ Styles
– Young Bucks pin Bennett. Not before a Meltzer Driver to Maria though
– Adam Cole spinning the ladder around got a ECW chant
– Both Bobby Cruise and Kevin Kelly have been accidentily superkicked during this match
– There were “Thank you Kingdom” chants. Nigel comes out and thanks Bennett and Maria. PWtorch reported earlier that the Kingdom is basically done with ROH.

– Bennett & Maria’s ROH contracts are up. Both are set to leave Ring of Honor.

– Matt Taven’s contract is due in March 2016. It remains to be seen if Taven re-signs.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Sooooo hope for the Daniels suspension to lead to a Curry Man return.

Random, I know, as they're two different people, but I'm all for it.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Alexander is being released soon, right ? Can this guy get any lower at this point ? I mean, he wasn't even booked in a match at FB, then loses against a guy who isn't even on the roster.

Lol at Dijak being the weak link in HoT when Jay fucking Diesel is also in the group. Can't help but feel like Dijak just wasted almost a year in this faction doing nothing of note, but I always thought that Martini was utterly useless as a manager so that doesn't shock me either.

More not-Team TNA/KRD bullshit. Who can possibly care about this tripe anymore ? Also ACH eating the pin because who needs new stars amirite ?

In the same vein, Page lost once again because he was getting too over a few months back I guess. Also more of this never-ending "feud" between Corino and Whitmer.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

WHG wrote:Looks like Bennett & Maria are officially done after tonight. Taven is reportedly under contract until March.

I wonder if they know where they are going (TNA would seem to be the favorite to me because I can't see legit WWE interest and I could see Dixie thinking they're a big deal because she was in the WWE and on a reality show)...or if it's more of a Ciampa situation where they've just decided to leave without a clear landing spot?
Mike Johnson reports they are TNA-bound according to what Bennett & Maria said backstage.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Thelone wrote:Alexander is being released soon, right ? Can this guy get any lower at this point ? I mean, he wasn't even booked in a match at FB, then loses against a guy who isn't even on the roster.

Lol at Dijak being the weak link in HoT when Jay fucking Diesel is also in the group. Can't help but feel like Dijak just wasted almost a year in this faction doing nothing of note, but I always thought that Martini was utterly useless as a manager so that doesn't shock me either.

More not-Team TNA/KRD bullshit. Who can possibly care about this tripe anymore ? Also ACH eating the pin because who needs new stars amirite ?

In the same vein, Page lost once again because he was getting too over a few months back I guess. Also more of this never-ending "feud" between Corino and Whitmer.

Thank you for your negativity. I'm sorry you couldn't share at least one thing you liked from something you haven't seen yet.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

My Review

Pre show: Lio Rush def Vinny Marseglia

One of the best pre show matches I have seen in ROH. Never saw Lio before but he hit some cool moves and sells very well.

Episode 1
ROH TV Champion Roderick Strong def Stevie Richards after a running knee
– was not announced as a TV championship match

Stevie Richards has been awesome ever since his appearances in the Shane Douglas ECW reunion shows. He looks better than he ever did in WWE or WCW or ECW. Strong beat the crap out of Stevie, he turned Stevie's chest in to hamburger meat.

Bobby Fish comes out for a special live edition of the Fish Tank and showed pictures of Strong tapping. Strong denied it and walked away.

This was a little weird, cause crowd wasn't sure if Roderick was a good guy or bad guy. He turns heel to face or vice versa more than the Big Show.

NO DQ Match: Caprice Coleman def Will Ferrara when Coleman leg drops Ferrara through a table

No one cared about this match

Jonathan Gresham def Cedric Alexander w/ Veda Scott after he turns a cocky cover into a roll up

Who did Cedric piss off in the back to lose to a guy most people in the crowd had no idea who Jonathan was.

Michael Elgin def Donovan Dijak after 2 sitout powerbombs
– Lethal and Elgin faced off in the ring

This match was much better than I ever expected it to be. Elgin and Dijak just went super rough on each other, some of the hardest forearms and kicks you will see. Elgin hit some spinning backfists that are must see. Dijak got over for some of the spots he hit. Crowd wasn't really into Elgin, awesome wrestler but he lacks personality.

Women of Honor match: Mandy Leon and Sumie Sakai def Hania Huntress and Deonna Purrazzo after moonsaults from both on Hania

They had this match on during intermission, so if you didn't have to go to bathroom or grab a soda it was nice to have it on before the next taping.

Episode 2

ANX def Roppongi Vice when Kenny Kong rolls up Trent?

Crowd was not that into it, but it was a good opener for the 2nd taping.

Storyline with the Kingdom is next. Taven is on crutches. Cole says Taven/Bennett dropped the ball. Out comes redDragon. Nigel makes a match for “next week” Kingdom vs RedDragon. Young Bucks come out next. Nigel adds them in to the match too and makes it a street fight.

Crowd marked out when Nigel made the main event, biggest pop of the night at that point.

ROH Tag Champions War Machine def House of Truth (Donovan Dijak & Joey Daddiego) after hitting fallout
– Truth Martini says he’s starting to realize Dijack is the weak link of the House of Truth
– “The House of Truth doesn’t need you anymore” Martini slaps Dijack the fires him.

War Machine got a small pop, not very big at all. Dijak was the star of the match. He hit a corkcrew spin of the top rope to the outside and the crowd marked out big time. The crowd would mark out again after he Jay D with a Feast Your Eyes.

Dalton Castle def Jay Briscoe, Matt Sydal, Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway when he pins Sydal

Crowd loved this match. Every wrestler got a good reaction. Highlights of the match was Moose and Briscoe having staredowns, looks like were getting a Jay Moose feud down the road. Dalton messing with Briscoe was really funny.

ROH returns to the 2300 Arena on March 12

WWomen of Honor: Kelly Klein def Veda Scott, Kimber Lee, Taelor Hendrix when she submits Veda

Some very cool spots, but there was some missed spots as well. It looks like ROH is trying to catch the buzz of Women's Wrestling. But these matches were nothing close to NXT women's matches.

Episode 3

The Addiction def ACH & Alex Shelley when Daniels pins ACH
– After the match, the Addiction & Sabin attack Shelley. Daniels hits the ref, Nigel comes out and suspends Daniels.

Crowd was super bored, fans the whole match were telling Sabin, Daniels and Kaz to go back to TNA.

Mark Briscoe def Adam Page with froggy bow

BJ Whitmer and Mr Wrestling 3 have an in ring argument
“I cannot tell a lie, but I am not Steve Corino.. but I know Steve Corino!”

BJ got the biggest boos of the night.

Philly Street Fight: Young Bucks def The Kingdom (Cole and Bennett) & RedDragon with help from help from AJ Styles
– Young Bucks pin Bennett. Not before a Meltzer Driver to Maria though
– Adam Cole spinning the ladder around got a ECW chant
– Both Bobby Cruise and Kevin Kelly have been accidentily superkicked during this match
– There were “Thank you Kingdom” chants. Nigel comes out and thanks Bennett and Maria. PWtorch reported earlier that the Kingdom is basically done with ROH.

Easily match of the night, Young Bucks were the most over by far on the show. So many awesome moments, super kicking Cole while he is getting pushed in a shopping cart. Cole hitting his top rope Canadian destroyer. Matt Jackson doing the World's Best Back Rake with a chair. Young Bucks putting a birthday hat on Bennett and actually throwing a Superkick Party. This match was perfect for Young Buck marks (which I am) and it sent the crowd home happy.

- Homicide was chilling at the food stand during the show
-Trent, Elgin and Kenny King were really nice to fans during intermission and taking pictures with them.
- Philly fans are hoping the show in March is not a tv taping
- Briscoes spoke to my dad and I for five minutes when we were walking to our seats, these interactions are something WWE can't do and is one of the things that make ROH awesome.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

TYFDK wrote:Thank you for your negativity.
You're welcome.
I'm sorry you couldn't share at least one thing you liked from something you haven't seen yet.
That report (and jjankows' review) doesn't entice me to watch the next few weeks of TV, that's for damn sure. This roster needs a complete overhaul because between dead/dying acts, boring champions, floundering midcarders doing nothing of note, the """SUPER STACKED""" tag division which really isn't that stacked anymore and woeful storylines, I can't think of a single thing I'm looking forward to at this point.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:Alexander is being released soon, right ? Can this guy get any lower at this point ? I mean, he wasn't even booked in a match at FB, then loses against a guy who isn't even on the roster.

I have been fine with the KRD as a six man unit and am excited to have Shelley involved with them (it'd also be interesting if they were to note that Sydal is a former world tag team championship partner of Daniels').
Totally agree with you about Dijak. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he has been doing worse than nothing. He has been losing. A lot. Some giant he turned out to be.
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Just a quick note, as it hasn't been clarified here yet - Sabin didn't attack Shelley. He stood in the corner looking conflicted, as if he was didn't know whether to help Shelley or not. I feel like we're definitely leading to a MCMG reunion...
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

TYFDK wrote:
Thelone wrote:

Thank you for your negativity. I'm sorry you couldn't share at least one thing you liked from something you haven't seen yet.
Think of Thelone as that guy who, if you were to tell him you married Scarlett Johansson, would comment by saying she's not a very good actress, had a boob job, and will probably fool around with all her male costars, so you were an idiot for marrying her.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I usually skip Thelone's comments. Not because I agree or disagree, I just don't care to read them, almost always stupid shit or talking down something either hypothetical or hasn't happened yet.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I second this. Why watch if you hate everything?

Tonight, I will watch "Designing Women"...on VHS. Just to complain how much I hate it.

I liked the TV tapings. I was shocked when Cedric lost to Gresham. I fear he is in deep trouble with the "office", but who knows right? Loved the 4-way girls. Wasn't perfect, but they all worked hard. Roddy vs. Stevie was way better than I expected. BJ has tremendous heat. People on here say they hate this feud, but people are into it. I almost dig Corino being Mr. Wrestling III. He's old school and its an old school angle. I was surprised how much Philadelphia hates the ANX!

The Street Fight was INSANE!

And Jerry Lynn might be the nicest person ever. I wish he was my dad. LOL

Looking forward to March
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I guess it's just me, but I find Thelone entertaining. I don't agree with everything the guy says, but he's entitled to his opinion on the product.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I hope his win against Cedric Alexander means Jonathan Gresham has earned a spot in the roster without a second participation in the TPT.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Agreed. Was at the Atlanta Winter Warriors show when he and Corey Hollis teamed up after getting attacked by the Decade. Loved it when they teamed up randomly against the Kingdom later in the year.