Official Road To "Final Battle '15" TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Mike0284

Re: Official Road To "Final Battle '15" TV Tapings Thread

Post by Mike0284 »

@IanRiccaboni
What an incredible match between @itsvedatime and @HeidiLovelace! Can't wait until the @Women_of_Honor fans can see it!
WHG

Post by WHG »

Lazy live-tweeters in Nashville. Literally nobody is tweeting results. Hopefully someone posts results somewhere after the show.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That usually happen in Nashville shows, is always hard to get live results
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Credit to F4W/WOL

By Josh Baker

Veda Scott beat Heidi Lovelace in a dark match

reDRagon defeated Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser.

Chris Sabin came out to confront the KRD poser, who revealed himself to be Alex Shelley

Roderick Strong beat Samson Walker.
Bobby Fish on commentary. Fish got the TV title and wore it in the ring. Pull apart happened between Fish and Strong.

Young Bucks beat Briscoes in 1st taping main event. Both teams had a pullapart with the ANX afterward.

Dark match of Brutal Bob and a wrestler whom I did not get the name of vs Keith Lee and Shane Taylor with Lee & Taylor winning.

2nd taping started with Adam Cole pinning Corey Hollis.

Dalton Castle pinned Mike Posey. Silas Young attacked Castle afterward.

Kevin Kelly interviews Jerry Lynn in the ring. Jay Lethal interrupts.

Alex Shelley is out for commentary.

Roppongi Vice vs. ACH & Matt Sydal is the main event. ACH & Sydal won.

Dark match of ODB defeating Taeler Hendrix.

Third taping starts with Will Ferrara and Caprice Coleman going to a no contest when they attempted to use chairs on each other.

Donovan Dijak and Ken Phoenix with Truth Martini vs. All Night Express. Gimmick is Truth bummed a cigarette off Phoenix this morning so he's giving him a tryout here. ANX won and Phoenix was beaten down by Dijak.

Steve Corino did a ringside interview with Kevin Kelly.

Main event was Roderick Strong, Cedric Alexander, Moose, Mark Briscoe and Matt Jackson defeating Jay Lethal, Cheeseburger, Jay Briscoe, Adam Page and Cliff Compton. Wild spotfest, great match.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Main event was fun.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JTGrasby wrote:Chris Sabin came out to confront the KRD poser, who revealed himself to be Alex Shelley
Motor City Machine Guns reunion? It's interesting that Final Battle right now, based on the card that was put out in The Wrestling Observer, has five tag teams (The Briscoes, The Young Bucks, ANX, The Addiction, & ACH/Matt Sydal) without matches. They could do a tag gauntlet like they did in 2011, but given the involvement of Sabin with The Addiction, there's a chance of them doing MCMG vs. The Addiction (if Sabin's even 100% at this point) and through the rest in a Four-Way #1 Contender's Match.
JTGrasby wrote:Bobby Fish on commentary. Fish got the TV title and wore it in the ring. Pull apart happened between Fish and Strong.
Not sure how I feel about Fish getting a TV Title shot on two straight PPV's, but Strong vs. Fish should still be really good.
JTGrasby wrote:Donovan Dijak and Ken Phoenix with Truth Martini vs. All Night Express. Gimmick is Truth bummed a cigarette off Phoenix this morning so he's giving him a tryout here. ANX won and Phoenix was beaten down by Dijak.
I like how they added a little story to the "HOT Tryout" gimmick.
JTGrasby wrote:Main event was Roderick Strong, Cedric Alexander, Moose, Mark Briscoe and Matt Jackson defeating Jay Lethal, Cheeseburger, Jay Briscoe, Adam Page and Cliff Compton. Wild spotfest, great match.
WOW....I really want to see this match!!!! What a hodge podge...
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

So Briscoes vs Bucks vs ANX at Final Battle?

And maybe Sabin vs Shelley? Wonder if that's a retirement match for either or both guys. Could also be Shelley & ACH & Sydal vs Daniels & Kazarian & Sabin.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think Final Battle may be the physical beginning of Shelley and Sabin's feud. Could see it culminating at the Anniversary show.
dirty

Post by dirty »

A lot of squash matches - I understand why. It's TV taping that's building up for a PPV.

The main event was so much fun. A hell of a way to end the show. Bucks/Briscoes was awesome, as can be expected. Besides those two there weren't a ton of highlights, at least as far as ring action. ACH & Sydal vs. Vice was decent. One of the members of the team in the dark match vs. brutal bob's team showed some flash though - guy was huge doing cool power moves and then all of a sudden doing an over-the-top rope flip to the outside. For a guy that must have been 275+ that was really impressive. Crowd popped hard for that
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I thought ReDRagon vs. Silas & Bruiser was pretty good too.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Speaking of Bob and Company's opponents the one Shane Taylor from that team should get brought in and get repackaged under the Name Black Angus to team with Cheeseburger.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

They put CLIFF COMPTON in a main event?!
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

@CheeseburgerROH
Last night I wrestled in my first main event match ever. Thank you everyone for the support. The journey is grand but never over!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Big Red Machine wrote:They put CLIFF COMPTON in a main event?!
Just booking him is offensive enough. I mean, does anyone give a shit about this guy ? I don't think he was advertised for the show, so you can't even pretend he's some kind of draw (and I'm sure he's not).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Big Red Machine wrote:They put CLIFF COMPTON in a main event?!
He and Cheesburger had a thing together at Champs vs. All Stars, so maybe he' s going to guest appear if Cheese and Bob battle one another? Otherwise damned if I know why anyone bothers to have him.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:So Briscoes vs Bucks vs ANX at Final Battle?

And maybe Sabin vs Shelley? Wonder if that's a retirement match for either or both guys. Could also be Shelley & ACH & Sydal vs Daniels & Kazarian & Sabin.
I'd be down for those matches.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I kind of like how they brought Alex Shelley into feud with Sabin. It makes me yearn for the 2004-2006 years.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mike0284 wrote:@IanRiccaboni
What an incredible match between @itsvedatime and @HeidiLovelace! Can't wait until the @Women_of_Honor fans can see it!
Keep in mind that this is a man who called J. Diesel an "excellent competitor," so I'd take his opinion with an entire shaker full of salt.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Mike0284 wrote:@IanRiccaboni
Keep in mind that this is a man who called J. Diesel an "excellent competitor," so I'd take his opinion with an entire shaker full of salt.
And all things considered, he seems to tow the company line, for better or worse, and seems to be a cheerleader who is very happy to be there.

That being said, Veda has had the best 2015 WOH match and Heidi has a good reputation. Wouldn't surprise me if Veda and Heidi put together a pretty good WOH match.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they are not going to have MCMG right away but they will do it next year, i can see The Addiction turning on Sabin and having Addiction vs MCMG for the anniversary show for example.