Official Road To "Final Battle '15" TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Official Road To "Final Battle '15" TV Tapings Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROH makes it return to the Music City as the biggest show of the year approaches!

Road To "Final Battle 2015" (TV Tapings)
Nashville, Tennessee 11/20/15

- The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks
- Surprise Ten Man Tag - Team Lethal vs. Team Strong
- ACH & Matt Sydal vs. Roppongi Vice
- reDRagon vs. Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser
- ODB vs. Taeler Hendrix (with Truth Martini)
- Heidi Lovelace vs. Veda Scott

Signed To Appear:

- Adam Cole
- Moose
- War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)
- Adam Page
- The All-Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus)
- Dalton Castle
- Silas Young
- Chris Sabin
- Donovan Dijak (with Truth Martini)

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Road To "Final Battle '15" TV Tapings Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor’s ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE goes straight thru Nashville on Friday, November 20th.

Get your tickets now before they are gone, click here.

ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness is working very hard to ensure that our music city return is nothing short of awesome, which is why he has signed this tag team match up

THE BRISCOES vs THE YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)

When the former 8x ROH World Tag Team Champion Briscoe’s decided to reunite, their goal was to redefine the tag team division that they feel they established as the best in the world. What better way to show off the best tag team division in professional wrestling than having The Briscoe’s face off against The Young Bucks?

The Briscoe’s are legends in Ring of Honor, facing and defeating every great tag team the division has ever seen. A record 8 tag team title reigns together, former Pro Wrestling NOAH GHC Jr Tag Team Champions, 2 individual ROH World Title reigns for Jay Briscoe means these two are building a legacy that is likely untouchable.

The Young Bucks, Nick & Matt Jackson are considered by most to be the best tag team in the world. The braggadocios members of the vaunted Bullet Club are no slouches when it comes to championships. They are former ROH World Tag Team Champions, 3x former IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Champions and winners of the 2013 New Japan Super Jr. Tag Team Tournament.

These two teams are not strangers to each other, last knocking heads over a year ago in Milwaukee WI. The Briscoes came out victorious in that one, but the game has since changed. The Young Bucks have set the tag team world on fire with a style that can’t be matched. The Bucks have won numerous championships since then and show the confidence that they firmly believe they are the best tag team today!

The Briscoe’s will not come into this battle overconfident. They are not the tag team they are by not preparing themselves correctly. The Young Bucks are known to take to the air to confuse foes, while the Briscoe’s are underrated when it comes to taking to the air, but their forte is using their hands to lump up their opponents.

If The Briscoe’s are going to redefine the tag team division, they couldn’t have picked a better tag team to start with! You will want to be there to see two of the very best tag teams in the world do battle! Get your tickets now!
dirty

Post by dirty »

Going to this show. Was really disappointed with the first two women matches announced but when I saw the talent list and bucks/briscoes announced I didn't care anymore. Been to several ROH shows recently but this'll be the first time I see the young bucks live. Excited for that. Still a lot of talent with Cole/ACH/Lethal/Dragon/War Machine/Sydal/Elgin/Strong etc. to make some other excellent matches. Could end up being a really fun card.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor returns to the Fairgrounds in Nashville, TN this Friday night! And this huge night of action is even more special because ROH television cameras will be rolling. Be there LIVE on November 20th when the ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE barrels straight through Nashville!
Here's the latest update on what's lined up for Nashville on November 20th...

- SURPRISE 10-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Our special Christmas edition of ROH TV will feature a holiday surprise - Ring of Honor style! Two 5 man teams will square off, but the teams will be an unexpected mix of ROH stars.

TEAM CAPTAIN 1: ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL
TEAM CAPTAIN 2: ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION RODERICK STRONG

Before the event, Team Captains Jay Lethal and Roderick Strong will select 4 partners each at random. These two long-time rivals are always gunning for each other, and this time they'll have a team to back them up. But WHO exactly - and are they friend or foe? - is a will be a surprise unwrapped on November 20th and filmed for ROH TV!

- MATT SYDAL & ACH VS. RPG VICE (ROCKY ROMERO & TRENT BERETTA)

The Best of 5 challenge series between ACH and Matt Sydal is set to conclude during SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST weekend. But just one week later, they will resume their partnership to take on one of the best teams on the planet: RPG VICE! The entire premise of the series was for ACH to challenge himself against his partner and mentor, with each learning and growing from the other. Has increasing aggression as the series builds led to any unexpected animosity? We'll find out when they team up once again on November 20th in Nashville!

- SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER w/ The Boys VS. REDRAGON (KYLE O'REILLY & BOBBY FISH)

ROH's most disgruntled team takes on the former World Tag Team Champions on the ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE! Silas and the Bruiser have bonded over their mutual love of manliness and mutual hatred of just about everyone else in the ROH locker room. The Bruiser has aided Young in his quest to turn The Boys into Men, though results have not been stellar. We've seen The Boys forced to fight Young's battles before. Will he force them to face Fish and O'Reilly, quite possibly the hardest hitting team on the planet? You don't want to miss this live in Nashville on November 20th!

All this and a lot more is planned for our massive return to Nashville on November 20th! You can be there live and in person on the ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE. To get your tickets to this television taping event, click HERE!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Actually, those 3 matches sound pretty darn good. One of those forgotten good ROH matches was when Nigel and Danielson picked teams to fight one another. The process was pretty amusing as Nigel (the heel) would pick say, Jay Briscoe. Then Danielson would pick Mark, and then Nigel would try to backtrack his choice and they'd get caught in a loop of going back and forth.

EDIT: Here was the listing, and why Nigel kept losing it as Danielson would take the partner or 'equal' of whomever Nigel chose.

Bryan Danielson, Jay Briscoe, Matt Sydal, Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness, Roderick Strong, Delirious & Mark Briscoe-
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

That was a perfectly fine article until you mentioned that, DB. Now I'm upset they didn't mention Nigel in it at all.
dirty

Post by dirty »

I'm still really excited for the show but disappointed with the 5 vs. 5 match. I just don't like those usually because there's potential to pull in too much of the top talent into only one match when you could've spread it out to make a great, deep card.

I know I'll have a blast but at this point the only match I'm really stoked for is Bucks/Briscoes.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

dirty wrote:I'm still really excited for the show but disappointed with the 5 vs. 5 match. I just don't like those usually because there's potential to pull in too much of the top talent into only one match when you could've spread it out to make a great, deep card.
Since it's a TV taping, that probably won't be as much of an issue as most of the guys in the 10-man will probably have matches on other episodes as well.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Burnside wrote:
Since it's a TV taping, that probably won't be as much of an issue as most of the guys in the 10-man will probably have matches on other episodes as well.
Good point. I had forgotten about that.

And I now have this fantasy of Lethal having the HOT at ringside, and having J. Deisel there, acting like he's going to be the next guy picked as Lethal makes each of his choices, only to be crushed that his name isn't being said. And when the selection is over, and he asks for an explaination of why he hasn't been picked, have Lethal say it's because it's time for The House of Truth to clean house and lose some dead weight. And then have everyone beat the hell out of Diesel and we never see him again.

I know it won't happen, but I can have dreams, dammit!
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

That would be awesome
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm going too. Really stoked to see both the Bucks and RPG Vice. Disappointed I won't get to see Elgin, Daniels, or Styles but Bucks and RPG Vice make up for it. Wonder if Watanabe will be on this one because I'd also like to see him live as well as I keep becoming a fan of him more and more every time he's on ROH TV, VOD, or PPV.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Anyone going don't throw any color streamers except green and red during the "Christmas episode".
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

holly shit!!! shelley vs sabin? my god!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope this lead to Shelley being the red masked guy and we had Addiction vs MCMG at Final Battle
WHG

Post by WHG »

Yeah, he's holding the red mask in the photo, so I'm pretty sure this was the reveal...its just not clear if this is setting up a reunion or Sabin vs Shelley.

Not sure which I'd like more. Either way it's awesome!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Anybody have a link to results? I have to score the fantasy league.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Not yet, just random pics of the show thus far.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Cole vs OReilly
Strong vs Fish TV Title
Castle vs Young

for fb