CHIKARA thread.

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: CHIKARA thread.

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Looks like Tommaso Ciampa is making his CHIKARA debut in Chicago:
@CHIKARApro
When we blow into the Windy City, we've got @MrHatfield4 vs @ProjectCiampa on tap for "Sword of Destiny"! http://bit.ly/1Ao7OB3
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here is the list of CHIKARA shows scheduled through October:

Sword of Destiny - June 13th, 2015 - Chicago, Illinois
Shock and Aww - June 14th, 2015 - Indianapolis, Indiana
Storming The Castle - July 25th, 2015 - South Windsor, Connecticut
The Immaculate Election - July 26th, 2015 - Providence, Rhode Island (Fete Music)
Live at First Energy Stadium '15 - August 28th, 2015 - Reading, Pennsylvania
King of Trios 2015 - September 4th-6th - Easton, Pennsylvania
Justice Is Blind - September 26th, 2015 - Gibsonville, North Carolina
The Marta Complex - September 27th, 2015 - Norfolk, Virginia
Colony Collapse - October 9th, 2015 - Manhattan, New York
Making A Stand - October 22nd, 2015 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Not Without My Daughter - October 23rd, 2015 - Chicago, Illinois
Off The Hook - October 24th, 2015 - Jeffersonville, Indiana
Exit Strategy - October 25th, 2015 - Columbus, Ohio
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The 3rd Team for the 2015 King of Trios Tournament is from the UK, representing Fight Club: PRO. The team consists of MK Kinnan & Moustache Mountain (Trent Steven & Tyler Bate).

I know they did some pre-show stuff during CHIKARA's UK Tour, but I honestly really don't know much about Fight Club: PRO.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

MK Kinnan can be hit or miss. He's not really suited for CHIKARA's style, so I don't think he'll really impress here.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

An interesting team. They'll likely put on a solid showing, if not a blow-away one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The fourth team for King of Trios 2015 has been announced, and it's another team from the UK. It be Mark Andrews, Pete Dunne, & "Flash" Morgan Webster, collectively known as Team ATTACK! (representing ATTACK Pro Wrestling).
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The fifth team for King of Trios 2015 is the Blue World Order (Da Blue Guy, Big Stevie Cool & Hollywood Nova).
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Don't know if everyone saw or not, but Chuck Taylor did a ama recently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... _anything/

Probably doesn't need its own thread and I'll put it here since he's a trainer there. While he won't be accused of being overly verbose in it, it's still a worthwhile read, particularly for his reasons for his upcoming retirement.

While he's not everyone's cup of tea, I always really enjoyed him, especially Best Friends' run in PWG. It's a shame he never got a shot in ROH. RD Evans showed that comedic characters can work in ROH and Chuck can certainly back it up in the ring. Best Friends wouldn't work in ROH, but they could have found something for him. Would've be cool if he got hired from the NXT try out too.
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

This is slightly out of date
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the full lineup of matches & brackets for King of Trios 2015 (the brackets come from the video):

- United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Mr. Azerbaijan, & The Proletariat Boar of Moldova) vs. Team ATTACK! (Mark Andrews, Pete Dunne & Morgan Webster)
- B.D.K. (Jakob Hammermeier, Nøkken, & Soldier Ant) vs. Team Fight Club: Pro (MK McKinnan, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate)

- Crown & Court (Princess Kimber Lee & Los Ice Creams) vs. Arcane Horde (Oleg The Usurper & The Batiri)
- The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, & Flex Rumblecrunch with Sidney Bakabella) vs. b.W.o. (Big Stevie Cool, The Blue Meanie & Hollywood Nova)

- Battleborn (Kevin Condron, Lucas Calhoun, & Missile Assault Man) vs. Dasher's Dugout (Dasher Hatfield, "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti, & Icarus)
- Battle Hive (Amasis, Fire Ant & Worker Ant) vs. The Bullet Club ("The Phenomenal" AJ Styles & The Young Bucks)

- The Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked, Frightmare, & Silver Ant) vs. Snake Pit (Ophidian, Eddie Kingston, & Shynron)
- Team AAA (Aerostar, Drago, & Fenix) vs. The Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, & The Swamp Monster)
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

You know, I went ahead and bought the streaming service they offer. 210 plus events. Admittedly, they were awful back in '02 and a few years after that, but still that's one hell of a lot of wrestling. Been watching the 09' trios, some Bucks matches, and Ciberneticos. Worth it a $8 a month and you can sample it with one free week just to be sure it's your thing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I got the CHIKARAtopia service, I just need to find time to watch some shows, which I haven't had much of as of late. :(

I blame the G1. It sets me so far behind.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I got the CHIKARAtopia service, I just need to find time to watch some shows, which I haven't had much of as of late. :(

CHIKARAtopia worth the price?

looks really great

best chikara season? advices?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I got the CHIKARAtopia service, I just need to find time to watch some shows, which I haven't had much of as of late. :(

CHIKARAtopia worth the price?

looks really great

best chikara season? advices?
The BDK invasion might have been the best era of talent and storylinewise. That was around late 09-11 I think. You'd have to look it up. But any King of Trios tournament is worth it. I've seen all the Ciberneticos starting with 09 and they were all great. As a general rule, anything before 09 and the cards overall get weaker, though they still had some good matches on each one. You can find some reviews on youtube but ratings are subjective, of course.

Smartmark has a match listing of each card since they sell all of them.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Two Major Notes from the CHIKARA Season 15 Finale last night:
Spoiler: show
- Kimber Lee won the CHIKARA Grand Championship. Her team of Crown & Court (consisting of herself, Jervis Cottonbelly, & Los Ice Creams), won the Challenge of the Immortals, which grants all of them title shot at (I guess) and CHIKARA Championship. After Hallowicked successfully retained the Grand Championship against Eddie Kingston & Icarus in a Triple Threat Match, Kimber Lee cashed in her title shot (Money in the Bank style) and defeated Hallowicked to win the title.

- At one point during the show, Mike Quackenbush came out to announce the 2015 CHIKARA Yearbook, but the lights when out, and Archibald Peck showed up! He took the yearbook and ran off (If you'll recall, shortly after Archibald Peck made his debut, he was sent back in time via an Eddie Kingston backfist, and obtained a 2015 CHIKARA Yearbook).
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So CHIKARA kicks off Season 16 this weekend. Here's a list of all the shows scheduled for 2016 thus far:

- Days of the Phoenix - January 30th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2:00 PM)
- 5 Senses - January 30th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (7:00 PM)
- National Pro-Wrestling Day 2016 - February 6th, 2016 - Reading, Pennsylvania
- Dead Man's Chest - February 27th, 2016 - The Bronx, New York
- Evil Ways - February 28th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The New Batch - March 19th, 2016 - Gibsonville, North Carolina (2:00 PM)
- Secret of the Ooze - March 19th, 2016 - Gibsonville, North Carolina (7:00 PM)
- Phone Home - April 2nd, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2:00 PM)
- Disk - April 2nd, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (7:00 PM)
- Whisper House - May 7th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2:00 PM)
- The Distant Future - May 7th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (7:00 PM)
- Anniversario: Catching Fire - May 27th, 2016 - Birmingham, England
- Anniversario: The Chamber of Secrets - May 28th, 2016 - Manchester, England
- Anniversario: The Two Towers - May 29th, 2016 - Newcastle, England
- Anniversario: The Lost World - May 30th, 2016 - Glasgow, Scotland
- Tightrope - June 11th, 2016 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All of the shows that are taking place in Philadelphia will be held at the new CHIKARA Wrestle Factory.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Looks like they're doing Mike Quackenbush vs. Johnny Kidd during CHIKARA's UK Tour next month:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those wondering, here's the lineup for King of Trios 2016 (the matches listed are how the brackets are set up on Wikipedia):

- Team #CWC (Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak & Johnny Gargano) vs. Warriors Three (Oleg The Usurper, Princess KimberLee & ThunderFrog)
- Team SHIMMER (Candice LeRae, Mary Dobson & Solo Darling) vs. Original Divas Revolution (Jazz, Mickie James & Victoria)

- The Colony (Fire Ant, Silver Ant & Soldier Ant) vs. Team Big Deal (The Big Deal aka Hornswoggle, Rick Roland, & Sloan Caprice)
- Team Sendai Girls (Cassandra Miyagi, Dash Chisako & Meiko Satomura) vs. Heidi Lovelace & N_R_G (Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon)

- Team Police Squad (Bill Carr, Dick Justice & Officer Warren Barksdale) vs. United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar & The Proletariat Boar of Moldova)
- The Snake Pit (Amasis, Argus & Ophidian) vs. Team JWP (Command Bolshoi, Hanako Nakamori & Manami Katsu)

- The Batiri (Kobald, Kodama & Obariyon) vs. Major League Moustache [Dasher Hatfield, & CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas Mustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)]
- Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Man & Worker Ant vs. CHIKARA Grand Champion Hallowicked & Two Mystery Partners

Of course, the Rey de Voladores Tournament and the Tag Team Gauntlet will be taking place over the course of the weekend. Night 2 will feature Deonna Purrazzo in action, while Night 3 will feature Stokely Hathaway (known in CHIKARA as Chuck Taylor) vs. Lucas Calhoun
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Does anyone know if we've ever gotten any answers about the whole Titor thing and that mysterious picture that Sabato had of Wink's father, etc. etc.?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Big Red Machine wrote:Does anyone know if we've ever gotten any answers about the whole Titor thing and that mysterious picture that Sabato had of Wink's father, etc. etc.?
Nothing concrete no, unless I missed some insane detail but honestly I didn't care that much.