The Beyond Wrestling/Women's Wrestling Revolution Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The Beyond Wrestling Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

isles11 wrote:I dont follow Beyond Wrestling, is the Juicy Product not a team there?
Haven't seen the last several shows from the end of 2014 but they broke up after losing during Tournament For Tomorrow 3 in November. They actually had a match on this shows with Chris Hero & JT Dunn vs. Eddie Kingston & David Starr.

So what does everyone thing about what happened to Kimber Lee?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Eh, the landing on the Outsider's Edge looked a bit awkward and unprotected chair shots should be used with parcimony no matter who is taking it, but you put a woman (consentant I might add) in there and it's suddenly the biggest crime in the universe. Also, I've seen Dickinson DESTROY Addy Starr in WSU with crazy power moves and a pretty stiff powerbomb, so I think he knows what he's doing.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Juicy Product are feuding there with Starr vs. Kimber Lee on the the 2 shows previous. Dunn has tagged with Hero the last 3 shows. JP were together at WSU last week and NYWC on Saturday.

i know some interweb folks were up in arms about Dickinson but like Thelone said i trust Dickinson in knowing what he is doing. Him and JT just worked together in HOG on friday and JT tweeted what a pleasure it was working with him.

i also thought we were getting away from unprotected chair shots to the head but there were a few in Tremont vs. Stockade in czw last week.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'm perfectly fine with both spots. Nobody was forcing Lee to kneel there and take the chairshot, and I'd guess a big move like that turnbuckle razor's edge was probably talked over beforehand. I think both things are fine if done sparingly, and if done for a lasting story impact rather than a quick pop. I haven't seen much of Dickinson to know how he usually gives moves, but the injury came on what looked like an unfortunate botch.

For those that disagree with this type of intergender wrestling as a whole, that's perfectly fine. The fact that it was unadvertised and it came on after the advertised main event means that anyone who came to the show that was uncomfortable with it was free to leave, and didn't have to feel they were missing out since they had seen the entire advertised show that they had expected.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I don't really see how it was really anything to do with it being intergender. For me it was just Dickinson botching a move.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Robareid wrote: For me it was just Dickinson botching a move.
Well, I wouldn't call it Dickinson botching a move. Kimber Lee is about half the size of a male wrestler. Doing the same move to her, with the same strength, as I'm sure he intended, he was able to throw her half way across the ring.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

He threw her into the bottom turnbuckle when he would have either inteded to throw her flat onto the mat or into a bucklebomb. It's a botch.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Dickinson is known for being unnecessarily stiff and reckless in ring, and with a temper and bad personality to boot.
Most likely a botch, but Dickinson is known to be reckless.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sandy Fork wrote:Dickinson is known for being unnecessarily stiff and reckless in ring, and with a temper and bad personality to boot.
Most likely a botch, but Dickinson is known to be reckless.
I've heard a lot of things about Dickinson's personality. Really good wrestler, but not the best attitude...
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Wrestlers still doing that kind of shit in the year 2015 infuriates me.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the cards thus far for Beyond Wrestling's back-to-back shows on April 26th:

Scorned
Providence, Rhode Island 4/26/15 (2:00 PM)

- Steve Corino vs. Matt Tremont
- AR Fox vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey
- Kimber Lee vs. Pinkie Sanchez
- JT Dunn vs. David Starr
- Crusade For Change (Darius Carter & TJ Marconi) vs. The Garden State Gods (Eric Corvis & Myke Quest)
- Ryan "Rush" Galeone (with Jimmy Preston) vs. Alex Reynolds (with John Silver)

Signed To Compete:

- Donovan Dijak
- M1nute Men (Tommy Trainwreck & Devin Blaze)
- Moose

When Satan Rules His World
Providence, Rhode Island 4/26/15 (6:00 PM)

- Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Ray Rowe)
- The Young Bucks vs. Ninjas With Altitude (Shynron & Kitsune)
- Anything Goes Match - Chis Dickinson vs. Nick Gage
- Six-Man Mayhem - The Nation of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Devon Moore & Lucky 13) vs. Team Pazuzu (Jaka & EYBFO)
- Eddie Kingston vs. Stockade

Signed To Compete:

- Brian Fury
- Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro)
- Heidi Lovelace
- Silver Ant
- Tabarnak De Team (Mathieu St-Jacques & Thomas Dubois)
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Going to watch King Of Arts tomorrow, interested by their double header, with Steve Corino vs. Matt Tremont on Scorned interesting me and Nick Gage vs. Chris Dickinson on When Satan Rules His World.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

They've done a pretty decent job splitting talents between the shows. There are things to see on both, which is nice.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i was under the impression the Bucks would be on both shows but i guess thats not how its gonna be.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dark patriot wrote:i was under the impression the Bucks would be on both shows but i guess thats not how its gonna be.
Yeah I think they're just doing that match against Ninja's With Altitude. When you look at the cards, I don't think anyone is used twice.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Robareid wrote:He threw her into the bottom turnbuckle when he would have either inteded to throw her flat onto the mat or into a bucklebomb. It's a botch.
I know i'm late but Chris Dickinson himself said that it wasn't a botch and Kimber Lee took the move perfectly.
Moreover, the chairshot was made with a plastic chair.
You can listen to his interview where he said that in this video (you just have to listen to the first 6mn) :
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@beyondwrestling
BREAKING: Samoa Joe debuts for Beyond Wrestling on Sunday, 5/31. $20 GA tickets will be on sale tomorrow during our doubleheader at Fete!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

They really need to put dates on the dvd cases.....
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the reports from the two shows yesterday via PWP. The big notes for the next show on 5/31 are Samoa Joe coming in and a Steel Cage Warfare/WarGames Match with The Beyond Wrestling Originals vs. The Crusade for Change.
Beyond Wrestling Scorned
April 26, 2015
Providence, RI
Credit: Marcus Rivera

*Flips vs. Kicks*
AR Fox def “Speedball” Mike Bailey after Bailey missed the shooting star double knees & Fox hit him with a 450 from the top while Bailey was crouched down on his knees.

*Card Subject to Change*
John Silver & Orange Cassidy went to a no contest after Ryan Rush Galeone interfered and attacked Silver. Alex Reynolds came to Silver’s rescue which led directly to…

*Out For Revenge*
Alex Reynolds with John Silver def Ryan “Rush” Galeone after hitting a 2K1 Bomb/Stunner variation on Rush after Silver distracted him. It was announced after that Silver won his match via DQ.

*Inter Species Wrestling Four-way Other Title Match*
Fluffy def Dave Cole, Buxx Belmar & Gran Akuma to win the ISW Other Championship after hitting Akuma with the Earthquake Splash.

Hardcore Icons Collide*
Matt Tremont def Steve Corino after hitting back to back Death Valley Driver’s after Corino’s lariat was blocked.

*Hell Hath No Fury*
Kimber Lee def Pinkie Sanchez via Alligator Clutch in a quick, fun brawl.

*First Time Ever*
Da Hoodz (Kris Pyro & Davey Cash) def The Colony (Silver Ant & Fire Ant) after a double stomp/wheelbarrow suplex combo.

Donovan Dijack def Jammin Jack Connor after hitting Feast Your Eyes. Dijack attacked Connor after the match & referee Michael Santana reversed the decision, which then caused Dijack to get into it with Santana & hitting him with FYE.

*WWA4 Showcase*
Moose & Black Baron def Worst Case Scenario (Ethan Case & Eli Evans IV) when Baron locked in a Texas Cloverleaf/Stretch Muffler submission on Ethan Case, forcing the tap out.

*The Juicy Product Implodes*
JT Dunn def David Starr via Canadian Destroyer. After the match, Dunn cut a promo say he & Chris Hero would be at the 5/31 show hoping the best tag team in the world would be there as well (The Young Bucks???)

WHEN SATAN RULES HIS WORLD

*Six Man Mayhem*
Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Mike Draztik, Angel Ortiz) def Nation Of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, Lucky 13) when Draztik & Ortiz hit a Blockbuster/Powerbomb combo on Havoc as Jaka finished him off with a top rope splash.

“Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams def Connor Claxton via jumping piledriver.

*Grudge Match*
M1nute Men (Tommy Trainwreck & Devin Blaze) def The Symbiote (Rickey Shane Page & Davey Vega) after a ref bump allowed Blaze & Trainwreck to hit their Codebreaker/Dragon Suplex combo on Vega for the win.

*This One Is Personal*
Crusade For Change (Darius Carter & TJ Marconi) def Garden State Gods (Eric Corvis & Myke Quest) after CFC hit Quest with a double team Lungblower finisher.

*Intergender Action*
Brian Fury def Heidi Lovelace in an awesome match after hitting her with a Powerbomb, turning into a Boston Crab forcing her to tap.

*Anything Goes*
Chris Dickinson def Nick Gage in an insane brawl. Gage took a couple of nasty bump & Dickinson was able to put him away with a running Pazuzu Bomb.

During intermission Dave Cole came to the ring to wish Anthony Stone good wishes as he just welcomed a new child into the family. The Crusade for Change jumped Cole until RSP, Davey Vega & The Garden State Gods helped even the odds. A returning Danny Only helped the CFC get the upper hand. They announced on 5/31 it will be the Beyond Wrestling Originals vs Crusade for Change in a Steel Cage War Games match.

*The Fucking Tag Team Match*
War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) def Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) via The Fallout (belly to back suplex/leg drop combo) in an awesome tag match.

*Hoss Fight*
Hooligans (Devin Cutter & Mason Cutter) def Tabarnak De Team (Mathieu St-Jacques & Thomas Dubois) after they hit St-Jacques with a Double Stomp/Island Driver combo. Just 4 hosses going at it from bell to bell.

*Old School Showdown*
Eddie Kingston def Stockade in what broke down into another Anything Goes match. Stockade hit Kingston with a spear thru a table set up in the corner. Kingston won after hitting 2 Back fist to The Future, a saito suplex and another back fist to the future.

*Match Of The Year*
Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) def Ninjas With Altitude (Shynron & Kitsune) when they hit Kitsune with the Meltzer Driver. Team Pazuzu attacked all four men after until Kimber Lee, Tamarack De Team & Buxx Belmar fought them off.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
@beyondwrestling
BREAKING: Samoa Joe debuts for Beyond Wrestling on Sunday, 5/31. $20 GA tickets will be on sale tomorrow during our doubleheader at Fete!
I'm really interested in who they'll put against Joe. JT Dunn perhaps?