Hypothetical NFL Playoffs Scenario

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!
dhads7161

Hypothetical NFL Playoffs Scenario

Post by dhads7161 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 pm

There's this hypothetical scenario running through my mind. Say all four teams in an NFL division went 13-3 and the three losses were in one of the meetings against each division rival. Assuming no other two non first place teams in other divisions don't have better records, two teams from the division would have the wild card spots while one wins the division while one is left out. How s it figured out who wins the division, who gets the wildcard spots, and who goes into the offseason?

Brada

Re: Hypothetical NFL Playoffs Scenario

Post by Brada » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 am

The mathematical possibility of that happening would be astronomical. Probably along the lines of winning the lottery.

You would have to have them all split against each other, while going undefeated in their 10 remaining games. So they would have to go 40-0 outside the division, THEN miraculously split against each other, ALL of them......lol.

Don't know the answer to the question, i'm sure their are some tiebreaker rules that can be researched, but I think you can rest easy in the fact that it would be damn tough for this to happen.