The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!
STITCHES

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Post by STITCHES » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I keep wanting to see Apocalypse. Just can't get over how much it looks like Oscar Isaacs is wearing a rubber suit. ;)

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I know I'm late to this party, but I'm in the midst of watching Daredevil Season 1, and I love it! Vincent D'Onfrino is fucking awesome as Kingpin!
Daredevil exposes how low-rent the martial arts is on DC TV.

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Everybody up to date on Comic Con stuff?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:14 pm

BlackLesnar wrote:Everybody up to date on Comic Con stuff?
I know there was a bunch of teasers for Marvel's Netflix shows. Honestly, I'm REALLY excited for that stuff. They did announce Ghost Rider for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though apparently it's the Robbie Reyes version of the character, and not Johnny Blaze (not sure how I feel about that one). The only thing in terms of movie trailers was the new Doctor Strange trailer, I believe.

They did have Hulk's armor on display, so it looks like that elements of the "Planet Hulk" storyline will be in Thor: Ragnarok.

Also, we did get more casting information for Spider-Man: Homecoming, specifically regarding villains. Michael Keaton will be Vulture (I'm pretty sure that was announced), Bokeem Woodbine will be The Shocker, while Michael Chernus will be The Tinkerer.

Finally, there's THIS (Robert Downey Jr. posted this on social media):

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 am

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: I know there was a bunch of teasers for Marvel's Netflix shows. Honestly, I'm REALLY excited for that stuff.
Yeaaaaaaaaah, fam! New Luke Cage trailer went up this week. And here I was worried it wouldn't be black enough. I'm SO hype:

They did announce Ghost Rider for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though apparently it's the Robbie Reyes version of the character, and not Johnny Blaze (not sure how I feel about that one). The only thing in terms of movie trailers was the new Doctor Strange trailer, I believe.
I was mad because Robbie's run was the only GR comic I'd read (it's ridiculously stylish, give it a look if you haven't) and so I wanted him saved for a Netflix show. I've read some other runs since and am a little less mad about it, they should probably save that for one of the other two after all.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Is Iron Fist as bad as everyone says?

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:18 pm

So glad that this guy is FINALLY back where he belongs:

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Is Iron Fist as bad as everyone says?
The divide between critic reviews and general public reviews has been pretty large, from what I've seen online. I thought that it was definitely the weakest of the Marvel/Netflix shows thus far, but I wasn't nearly as bad as the critics claimed it was. There really weren't any "great" episodes, or even truly "good" episodes, but I didn't think anything was outright bad. I'd say it was "middle of the road" in terms of quality. It was average.

I would definitely see it before The Defenders comes out (so you see what happened with Danny Rand), but it's not something you need to watch immediately.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 am

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:55 am

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Yeah, this looks bitchin. Played with The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin puts it over the top.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 12, 2017 12:49 am

Be sure to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on an IMAX screen. Worth every penny and loved it more than Vol. 1.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

For those of you who listened to me on the POH aftershow comments about GOTG Vol 2, I enjoyed the movie as a movie but there were just too many things about it that made it feel more like an enjoyable TV show than a movie that I would go out of my way to buy on BLU Ray for multiple viewings.

Not saying I didn't like it and glad I saw it once, but for example I enjoyed Civil War and the undertones in it that I've watched it multiple times purposely.

GOTG Vol 2 I'd watch if it was on TBS and there was nothing else on. It was funny, I actually kinda enjoyed the music a lil bit more than Vol 1 but only because I am familiar with them so I could see why Vol 1 was more appealing because they used more well known songs. The action was fun. The story was fine. It looked gorgeous because of the RED cameras. But in the end it was just a movie with fun bits that I'll remember so don't see a purpose in revisiting purposely.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:33 pm

A tad off topic, but has anyone been having issues viewing YouTube videos posted on the forum? The space that would be there for a video in a post is there when I view it, but it just comes up as a blank space for me.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Spider Man: Homecoming was excellent. Tom Holland is superb as Peter Parker and Michael Keaton is absolutely excellent as the Vulture. Good story. Nice addition to the MCU.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 am

The new Cable photos look great (yeah yeah I know Deadpool isn't technically in the MCU yet or whatever)

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm

cgstong wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 am
The new Cable photos look great (yeah yeah I know Deadpool isn't technically in the MCU yet or whatever)

Who would have thought the older brother in The Goonies would go on to play the most evil villian in the MCU and a bad ass time traveling mutant in the X-Men CU.