The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I don't know if any of you guys have read Armor Wars in Iron Man from quite a few years back, but the Captain America/Iron Man philosophical differences stemmed from this storyline. Intense stuff.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:36 am

Imagine having a time machine, jumping back a decade, and the laughter you'd get INSISTING that Hollywood can make Daredevil and Punisher incredibly gritty, nuanced, intellectual, thought-provoking characters.

Because Hollywood just proved they can do just that. Order your pizza, get some juicy steaks, grab your favorite fast food meal, grab some beer, etc, and get your asses on NetFlix pronto to enjoy your weekend.

STITCHES

Post by STITCHES » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:31 pm

I liked Thomas Jane's Punisher in "Dirty Laundry." Kinda don't buy Shane from the Walking Dead as Frank Castle.

Also, what do you guys think of all X-Men Apocalypse so far? Or is that just not considered the Marvel Cinematic Universe (which I don't entirely understand)?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:53 pm

X-Men and Fantastic Four are not part of the MCU due to FOX retaining each franchise's film rights.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 pm

How is the Daredevil series on Nexflix?

AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:How is the Daredevil series on Nexflix?
Absolutely fantastic. Literally finished Season 2 minutes ago and it was phenomenal. Would definitely recommend anyone to watch both Seasons.

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:27 am

Tell me, rohworld.

Do you bleed?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 am

BlackLesnar wrote:Tell me, rohworld.

Do you bleed?
you will.

STITCHES

Post by STITCHES » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 pm

AndyDiaz wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:How is the Daredevil series on Nexflix?
Absolutely fantastic. Literally finished Season 2 minutes ago and it was phenomenal. Would definitely recommend anyone to watch both Seasons.
Alright, so I checked this out. You guys were the third completely exclusive source to positively recommend Daredevil. Pretty good stuff! Knew nothing about the story before going into season 1 (never read the comics or anything). Definitely going to watch season 2. Started off just casually watching episode 1 while my wife was taking a nap and two days later I'm done with season 1 and nerding out on who's who in this little universe.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Spare yourself the pain of watching the Ben Affleck Daredevil. Not worth it. Jennifer Garner is hot in the Elektra outfit, but is miscast. Affleck gives a very wooden performance as Daredevil. The only saving grace is Bullseye.

STITCHES

Post by STITCHES » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Oh yeah, definitely. That turd still smells.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Fri May 06, 2016 7:24 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but wondering if any of my fellow Marvel fanboys have seen the new Captain America movie. No spoilers, thoughts only please.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but wondering if any of my fellow Marvel fanboys have seen the new Captain America movie. No spoilers, thoughts only please.
Will be going tomorrow afternoon, but I will say that the dichotomy I've seen with this movie has been odd. Places like IGN are a little down on the move (based on their reviews, they think movies like Ultron & Iron Man 3 were better, just as a reference), but a lot of people I follow on Twitter have been praising the movie as one of the best in the MCU.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat May 07, 2016 2:05 pm

The entire cast was incredibly enthusiastic and this felt much more "WrestleMania" all star epic than Age of Ultron. I really view this as the true end of Phase 2.

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Neat, I assumed this had been nuked.

Here's a thing:

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but wondering if any of my fellow Marvel fanboys have seen the new Captain America movie. No spoilers, thoughts only please.
S'great. Definitely worth watching. Even managed to get me hype for yet another Spider-Man reboot, which I considered impossible. IGN seems to be suffering from a truly perplexing case of shit taste. Or maybe they're just RDJ marks, I don't know.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

I've seen Civil War twice already. It's a fantastic film, easily one of my top favorites in the MCU. Black Panther was great. Spider-Man (for how long he was in the movie) was AWESOME. The battle at the airport is one of my favorites scenes in the entire MCU.
BlackLesnar wrote: S'great. Definitely worth watching. Even managed to get me hype for yet another Spider-Man reboot, which I considered impossible. IGN seems to be suffering from a truly perplexing case of shit taste. Or maybe they're just RDJ marks, I don't know.
Yeah I was shocked that, based on their rating system, Age of Ultron & Iron Man 3 were better than Civil War.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:55 pm

I know I'm late to this party, but I'm in the midst of watching Daredevil Season 1, and I love it! Vincent D'Onfrino is fucking awesome as Kingpin!

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:12 pm

I know it's not necessarily on topic.

But Apocalypse was brilliant and the most fun I've had watching a superhero film this year.

So much so in fact that I feel obligated to shill it a little.

As for MCU tidbits, uhhhhh... they're considering casting a millennial as Carol? Not a big fan of that. Oh, and Thor Ragnarok's gonna be hella cosmic. Nine realms road trip, stuff from Planet Hulk, The Grandmaster as played by Jeff Goldblum, shit's crazy yo'.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:20 pm

BlackLesnar wrote:I know it's not necessarily on topic.

But Apocalypse was brilliant and the most fun I've had watching a superhero film this year.

So much so in fact that I feel obligated to shill it a little.
I know the general feelings have been ranging around mixed to "eh", but I thought it was fine. I didn't enjoy it as much as Captain America: Civil War or Deadpool, but it was fun for the most part (I really enjoyed Quicksilver & Nightcrawler). One thing I think that people will definitely agree with was that it was much better than Batman v. Superman.
BlackLesnar wrote:As for MCU tidbits, uhhhhh... they're considering casting a millennial as Carol? Not a big fan of that. Oh, and Thor Ragnarok's gonna be hella cosmic. Nine realms road trip, stuff from Planet Hulk, The Grandmaster as played by Jeff Goldblum, shit's crazy yo'.
Honestly don't mind that potential casting. Could bring some extra buzz since she's an Oscar-winning actress. Will be interesting to see how they handle The Hulk being part of the next Thor movie (hopefully be a good one, as I really haven't liked the Thor movies that much in comparison to the other MCU stuff).

AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Only X-Men I ever watched was First Class so I was a tad lost. Apocalypse was decent. Quicksilver easily stole the show, and was initially why I bought a ticket to watch the movie.