The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!
BlackLesnar

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Post by BlackLesnar » Fri May 08, 2015 4:57 am

The MCU is not a 1:1 adaptation. The fact that Infinity War is happening after Civil War instead of years prior should say that in itself. As should the fact Civil War's happening at all when nobody has a secret identity. Or the fact we just got an Ultron movie with no Pym. Don't worry about it. If Cap, Tony & Thor disappear before Infinity War, it'll be to add tension and to give the less exposed heroes more screen time, not because that's what happened after Civil War in the source material.

Also, Robo-Thor killed a C-lister called Black Goliath. Cap was assassinated later on by another character that I won't spoil here, because they're going to be in the movie so it's probably going to get adapted directly. And Tony isn't a bad guy, just a hero with a different perspective. in fact, the CW comic was meant to paint him as the party in the right.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion » Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks for explaining it dude,i havent read actual comic as we dont get them in india

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 am

No problem. I haven't read any of the stuff I just trivia'd about either. [cornette]
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:19 am

Even though they're not movies, they are still part of the universe, so I'll talk about these here...

What does every think of the MCU TV Shows? Just watches the Season 2 Finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night, and I'm halfway through Daredevil on Netflix.

Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:55 am

I haven't caught up on Agents of SHIELD, but Daredevil was fantastic! I would hope they could incorporate him into the MCU at some point, but I know they're setting up The Defenders with Daredevil. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Ms. Marvel, so I'm not holding my breath.

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Jessica Jones, not Ms Marvel. Far more obscure character.

Started on S2 of Shield yesterday, and... ohmygodabsorbingmanisperfectmyheartjumpedintomythroatwhentheynamedroppedcarlcreelthespecialeffectslook
awesometheactorlooksexactlylikehedoesinthecomicsandSERIOUSLYTHOUGHTHEWAYTHEYWEREABLETOFITINAFIGHT
SCENEWITHHISSTRADEMARKBALLANDCHAINAHHHHHHHHHH

So yeah it's pretty okay.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:17 am

Ladrao12 wrote:I haven't caught up on Agents of SHIELD, but Daredevil was fantastic! I would hope they could incorporate him into the MCU at some point, but I know they're setting up The Defenders with Daredevil. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Ms. Marvel, so I'm not holding my breath.
Well it kind of already is, to a degree...
Spoiler: show
They had those newspaper clippings of the "Battle of New York", and the whole idea of rebuilding Hell's Kitchen in the show is a result of the destruction caused in the first Avengers movie.
Plus, I'm sure they'll all come together when Thanos shows up.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 22, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm ready for this franchise to have an actual consequence and progression. Winter Soldier looked to have done that, but everything feels like status-quo again.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 am

Anybody seen Ant Man yet? I haven't had an opportunity yet, was wondering what your thoughts were on it.

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:28 am

Liked it more than Age of Ultron, honestly. Far exceeded expectations, given the backstage drama and, y'know, the fact it's Ant-Man in the first place.

I think I have a new favourite character to look forward to in Civil War.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 pm

I saw Ant Man last night. SUPER entertaining movie!! If you liked Guardians of the Galaxy, then you'll probably enjoy this one a lot.

To provide some perspective, I went with my brother, his girlfriend, and another friend to see the movie. That friend (who is much more of a DC person, specifically Batman) wasn't sure what to expect going in, but after the movie, he said that Ant Man was his favorite Avenger.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos addressed members of TCA Tuesday with the streaming service’s plans for distributing its many Marvel properties, which include series based on the characters Dardevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. With Marvel’s Jessica Jones starring Krysten Ritter and David Tennant dropping at the end of 2015, and Marvel’s Daredevil returning for a second season in 2016, Netflix subscribers can probably get into a rhythm of a new season of something Marvel about every six months from the Defenders group. “Then they’ll cross over and do a combined season once we’ve launched the first season of each of the four characters,” Sarandos explained.

Jessica Jones showrunner Melissa Rosenberg also spoke about her upcoming series Tuesday, and how it fits into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “The mythology of the universe is connected [to Daredevil], but they look very different; tonally, they’re very different,” Rosenberg said. “If you pick up Bendis’ graphic novel Alias, and you pick up Daredevil, they’re wildly different.” And speaking of Daredevil, season one showrunner Steven S. DeKnight shared the reason Rosario Dawson’s character is named Claire Temple in the series, rather than Linda Carter (aka Night Nurse). Marvel might be holding Linda Carter for a Night Nurse movie!

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Do NOT be surprised if Marvel gains the film rights to Fantastic Four.

On a budget of $120M, the newest reboot only managed to ring up $11.3M at the box office as of last night.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:36 am

Ouch! That's terrible! Has anyone seen it yet? Unless reviews prompted me otherwise I was going to wait on this .

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:22 am

Do not contribute whatsoever to the box office. Do not give FOX any reason whatsoever to hold on.
$26.2 million is the weekend estimate today

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

5 minutes before the advertised start time for an afternoon showing in Seattle:

Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 am

Very, very sad. I was on the bandwagon of hate when it was first announced. The first trailer came out and it looked REALLY good, and I thought they had something. Once the reviews came out, and across the board was slaughtered, I decided against seeing it. I really like MIles Teller and Michael B. Jordan too, and was hoping for this to take them to the next level of movies.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I wish somehow that they could really delve into Thanos more by telling the stories of The Thanos Quest and the Infinity Gauntlet first before the Infinity War. I know that's totally stretching everything, but it would really explain his character more. It would most likely have to include Adam Warlock which would be fucking awesome.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:08 pm

supersonic wrote:5 minutes before the advertised start time for an afternoon showing in Seattle:

People are voting with their wallets. I was thinking about seeing it at one point, but once the plethora of negative reviews made the rounds online, I definitively decided against seeing it.

If FOX does sell The Fantastic Four back to Marvel, it'll be interesting to see how they're handled in that universe. If there are any plans to do any movies beyond Infinity War (I don't know if there are plans for a Phase 4), Fantastic Four could lead the next generation of heroes in that universe (guys like Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth & RDJ aren't going to be doing these Marvel movies forever), and Dr. Doom, if done right, could become the new main bad guy of the universe as well.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:14 am

I found out that's actually from one of our fanciest, busiest shopping malls to boot (Southcenter in Tukwila, WA.)

PITIFUL.