The MMA thread

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!
DieHard

Re: The MMA thread

Post by DieHard » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Promo for Aldo vs Pettis (NickTheFace): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMAQDKENOg

TBH I'm more looking forward to the show in Boston.
MOOSE!

Colt45

Post by Colt45 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

DieHard wrote:Promo for Aldo vs Pettis (NickTheFace): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMAQDKENOg

TBH I'm more looking forward to the show in Boston.
Got tickets to Boston, will be first UFC for me. Such a stacked card. Really looking forward to seeing Shogun live 8-)

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Chael Sonnen won his fight against Shogun Rua tonight. His post match Trash Talk was incredible as always. The guy is gold.

JSP

Post by JSP » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:41 pm

"Whoa, whoa, whoa...I will let you know when I am done, Joe. I just got done with a World Champion, if you think I won't add a middle-aged comedian just for the goddamn pleasure of it you better think again. Wanderlei Silva, three months., you and the bad guy!"

DieHard

Post by DieHard » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:02 am

JSP wrote:"Whoa, whoa, whoa...I will let you know when I am done, Joe. I just got done with a World Champion, if you think I won't add a middle-aged comedian just for the goddamn pleasure of it you better think again. Wanderlei Silva, three months., you and the bad guy!"
"Right here on the UFC's new home, FOX Sports 1, Wanderlei Silva, 6 feet tall and 205 pounds... Boy, until I met you, I didn't know they could stack crap that high!".

Chael Sonnen = GOD.
MOOSE!

Colt45

Post by Colt45 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

It was my first UFC, and a ton of fun to attend. I've been to a few Bellator events and a King of the Cage, but nothing matches the scale of the big show. I paid a good amount for my seats, so I was lucky enough catch all the action up close. Too many crazy moments to recall, but here's a few of my thoughts.

The prelims were awesome. Vick impressed with a super slick submission. He looks to be improving his already strong standup by adding some new tricks. OSP quickly knocked out Cody Donavan with some vicious GNP. Miller vs Manny was pretty good but I thought Cole did enough to get the W. Brandao vs Pineda was brutal, as was Siler's KO off Mike Brown. MTB may as well retire. To top it off, we were treated to Michael McDonald vs Brad Pickett. Any 'fan' that doesn't like the lower weight classes needs to watch this. Took home Fight and Submission of the Night.

The main card started kinda shaky. Lauzon got beat pillar to post and in his own hometown and left everyone there feeling pretty down. It's not even like Joe lost another FOTY, he just got his butt whooped. And by Michael Johnson of all fighters :| Uriah Hall CHOKED again. I definitely think He needs a sports psychiatrist, and pronto. He'll be lucky if Dana gives him another fight, I mean he just lost to a 5'7 middleweight. That and he's making White look like an idiot for raving about him all season. Phillipe Nover anyone?

After those two stinkers things picked right up. Matt Brown came out like a monster and finished another tough fighter. The Immortal has quickly become my favorite fighter to watch as he encompasses what the modern sports lacks - Ruthless Aggression [cornette] Faber vs Yuri was really good, and god damn is Faber popular everywhere he goes. The east coast loved him. Travis Browne, as much as I don't like him, impressed me tonight. He took a whooping and fought back. Not to mention that front kick KO was an amazing thing to see live. GOODNIGHT Overeem!

Now onto Shogun vs Sonnen. I'm a huge Shogun fan but I can Sonnen props. He fought a perfect fight and submitted a BJJ blackbelt. That impressive no matter who you are. While I left the arena on a sour note, the night was action packed and a unique. Any UFC fan should try to go at least once.

Dwide Schrude

Post by Dwide Schrude » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:18 am

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Chael Sonnen won his fight against Shogun Rua tonight. His post match Trash Talk was incredible as always. The guy is gold.
They're doing a brilliant job (for lack of a better word) "pushing" Sonnen with his limited abilities.

He talked his way into two undeserved title shots in a row and then he was given the gold ticket by getting a fight with Shogun; a legend that took a serious nosedive in his last few fights.

So they're giving Sonnen the biggest fights that he has a good chance at winning. Shogun looked terrible against Brandon Vera despite winning and then just took a beating against Gustaffson. He was the easiest big name possible for Chael.

Enter Wanderlei Silva. Another legend that is so far gone from what he used to be. Chael wants a fight with Wanderlei for the same reason he fought Shogun. Big name, easy win. But like Shogun, Wanderlei is still dangerous so who knows.

As opposed to someone like Vitor who *isn't* passed his prime and *has* expressed interest in fighting Sonnen. It was fun yet a little awkward watching Chael trying to weasle his way out when posed the question on UFC Tonight this week about fighting Vitor.

Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 am

Holy shit! Jones vs. Gustafsson was one hell of a fight. Definitely on the level of Silva/Sonnen I & Silva/Weidman for being a sheer spectacle. Alexander Gustafsson is legit.

DieHard

Post by DieHard » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Silva/Weidman tonight! I'm in #TeamWeidman.
MOOSE!

Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:48 am

Silva. Is. Done.

DieHard

Post by DieHard » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:51 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! Silva's leg looked horrible.. and the slow motion was absolutely disgusting. Hopefully Silva's carrer is not over... Reminds me a lot of Sid's infamous injury.

Here's the gif:
Spoiler: show
MOOSE!

Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 am

DieHard wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! Silva's leg looked horrible.. and the slow motion was absolutely disgusting. Hopefully Silva's carrer is not over... Reminds me a lot of Sid's infamous injury.

Here's the gif:
JESUS, that's brutal! :o

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Hellfont93 wrote:
DieHard wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! Silva's leg looked horrible.. and the slow motion was absolutely disgusting. Hopefully Silva's carrer is not over... Reminds me a lot of Sid's infamous injury.

Here's the gif:
JESUS, that's brutal! :o
Yikes

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 pm

So I've seen rumors going around that both Ronda Rousey & Gina Carano are going to be signing with Bellator.

Again, not a big follower of MMA, but I do know that these are two of the biggest female names in the MMA World. I assume this would be big news, if true?

Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:30 am

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So I've seen rumors going around that both Ronda Rousey & Gina Carano are going to be signing with Bellator.

Again, not a big follower of MMA, but I do know that these are two of the biggest female names in the MMA World. I assume this would be big news, if true?
I cannot see the UFC losing Ronda Rousey, she's definitely one of their biggest draws. Scott Coker can try at least though.

ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Where the hell did the rumor that Rousey is going to Bellator come from???

She is not going anywhere. She is the ufc women's bantamweight champion and will be fighting on the Jan 3 card. Ronda Rousey is my favorite mma fighter right now.

chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Also vs. Mendes was a lot of fun last night. The rest of the show was blah.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:26 pm

BREAKING NEWS

CM Punk has signed with the UFC. He will be competing in the Octagon in 2015. Apparently the announcement was made at UFC 181, which CM Punk attended.

Here is an article from ESPN on the story:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11991 ... fight-2015

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 am

^He's going to get his ass handed to him on a platter most likely.

But more power to him