Boxing or MMA?

Talk about anything not to do with ROH. Time limit draws don't apply here!

Boxing, MMA, neither?

Boxing
75%
MMA
25%
Both
No votes
Neither
No votes

Total votes: 4

NewROHFan2020

Boxing or MMA?

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Who here watches Boxing and/or MMA? I watch boxing, pretty regularly. I know most of the top guys, but can’t tell you about most prospects and I am not watching all of any undercard.

I used to like UFC, but it was “too busy” for my liking. Sometimes 2 PPVs a month, plus other shows. I watched Bellator for about a year, but I cannot name you any champions of either league or anyone who isn’t Conor or Anderson Silva level.

I watched the first One Championship on TNT, wasn’t impressed with the presentation. Probably will never watch again.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Boxing or MMA?

Post by cgstong »

I definitely am a MMA fan
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Re: Boxing or MMA?

Post by famicommander »

I watch every televised boxing and bare knuckle event I can manage to without screwing up real life commitments.

I will watch MMA and I consider myself a fan but if there's a low level boxing event on at the same time as a top level MMA event, I'm watching the boxing event. I might do a split screen with the boxing on the 4K TV and the MMA fights on my laptop or something, but in any case where I have to choose it goes
boxing > bare knuckle > MMA > kickboxing

Kickboxing is actually a more entertaining sport to me than MMA but it's so much harder to follow since none of the major promotions are really mainstream in the US. Bellator seems to have abandoned their kickboxing brand and Glory is hanging in there by a thread.

I appreciate the skill that goes into grappling but I don't find it particularly entertaining. Watching someone try to move from half guard to mount for 3 minutes is not my idea of a good time.

Also, for whatever reason, I feel like MMA fighters "gas out" much more often than boxers. Even on a big UFC PPV it's not uncommon for both fighters to be sucking wind and sloppy halfway through the fights. I don't know if MMA fighters aren't as well conditioned or if they simply need shorter rounds due to how tiring grappling is, but it's ridiculous to see MMA fighters gas out in 8 minutes while boxers are fresh in the 12th round.

I also dig Karate Combat, which is more or less another flavor of Kickboxing. They run seasons and their shows air on BeIN Sports, ESPN Deportes, Roku Channel, Youtube, etc. They take karate fighters that are usually used to point fighting and stick them in full contact fights.