Baltimore TV Taping (5/18/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
187_Joeism

Baltimore TV Taping (5/18/12)

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett III at Du Burns June 29 (At the next TV Tapings i guess)

1st Show

1. Adam cole over mike mondo via backslide in a really good match to open the first show

2. Tommaso Ciampa over Nick Westgate (Local Wrestler) via ref stoppage after knees and elbows. Assault continues after match.

3. ANX over Coleman & Alexander in a super hot tag to get the crowd on their feet.

Steen with Jacobs & Corino come out and threatens to show up at the ROH affiliates dinner and embarrass Cornette. Cornette goes to reveal Steens challenger. Richards interrupts, tells off Cornette, puts over Steen and says they are the 2 best. No one in the ring likes Cornette. Richards gets his rematch at Best In the World but it's his ONLY title shot. Episode 1 ends with Richards in the ring looking out at Steen.

2nd Show

1. Michael Elgin over Matt Taven via buckle bomb and spinning power bomb.

ANX challenge WGTT at Best In The World in a match for the Tag Team Titles.

2. American wolves face off for main event of episode 2: Eddie Edwards over Davey Richards. The story of Edwards vs Richards 4 is Daveys extra aggression. He spat at a ringside Steen fan. Eddie won with a roll up after avoiding missile drop kick after Davey fought off jimmy Jacobs.

Internet Match: 4 way with winner challenging for a title shot next month in Pittsburgh, the participans are Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs Mike Bennett vs TV Champion Roderick Strong. Strong wins the 4 way and have the title shot.

3rd Show

1. Mike Bennett over local jobber. Edwards clears the ring after Bennett and Bob beat up the local guy. Bennett challenges Eddie to face Bob next week.

Kevin Steen wants him vs Davey to be a NO DQ Match at NYC.

2. The Briscoes over local jobbers. After the match Truth Martini challenge The Briscoes at BITW. Briscoes vs House Of Truth

3. TV Title Match: Roderick over Ciampa by DQ when Prince Nana attacks the champ after ciampa hit project ciampa and made the cover.

4th Show

1. Edwards pins Brutal Bob with a backslide despite interference from Bennett. Homicide makes the save after the bout. Eddie Edwards eats a cop killer after homicide clears the ring.

2. Jay Lethal over Chris Silvio. Pull apart brawl after with Lethal Strong and Ciampa.

3. Team Ambition vs Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs ends in No Contest.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 am, edited 27 times in total.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (5/18/12)

Post by HarpoonIPA »

AWESOME Richards vs. Steen at Best in the World
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Looks like the tag-title match in Richmond is going to end in a DQ. I anticipate Dem Boys getting involved.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Seems like a heel turn for Davey.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Heel Davey is so much more interesting than Super Babyface Davey.
carlcantone

Post by carlcantone »

This
Mr. Small Package wrote:Heel Davey is so much more interesting than Super Babyface Davey.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So it's Roddy/Rhino vs. the Briscoes at BITW?

But where's that lead the TV title? Cuz Strong's got his hands full w/ Ciampa and Lethal as well it seems.

And I'm guessing Homicide/Edwards.

Also weird to not have the tag champs there at all.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Wow sounds awesome. Best In The World can be a great event. HoT - Briscoes, Homicide - Edwards, Richards - Steen, Elgin - Finlay, ANX - WGTT (give ANX the belts, ASAP). Everything sounds good to great. Wasn't a fan of Homicide since he came back, hope now he will be better if he returns for a full-time deal.

Why the are gonna do Bennett - Storm for the next taping? to do this on BIWT could be better. Cool to see Edwards - Richards on the TV, a 15 min match between them can be really amazing like their match on HDnet. Strong - Steen is another great match.

btw what about TJ Perkins, Young Bucks and Lethal?
MOOSE!
TheLethalInjection

Post by TheLethalInjection »

funny someone on here asked me who was my pick to win the 4 way & i picked Roddy but my real choice was Michael Elgin..glad roddy won though!
AOTF by LoveRicardoRodriguez, on Flickr
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I hope this is heel Homicide and not "I'm a huge babyface, but I'm gonna Cop Killa Generico for no reason the next show after he beats Steen in the biggest match of his life then we'll forget about it later" Homicide.
Last Real Man Hype
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Brilliant! Your tag champions aren't anywhere to be seen (Then again, in WGTT's case maybe that's a good thing) and you're giving away the main event of tonight's house show on TV for free.

The booking for this fed is at an all-time low and it's baffling what they decide to book for TV shows now.

A few positives though are them FINALLY giving Eddie Edwards something to do. Him VS Homicide is fresh and Edwards deserves to feud with a star like him as opposed to jobbing to Mike Bennett again.

They're doing a good job with Adam Cole despite some losses and he's really getting some support. I think he should be the guy to beat Roderick Strong for the TV title, hopefully this summer before his losses really start to have an effect on him.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Jeremy wrote:Brilliant! Your tag champions aren't anywhere to be seen (Then again, in WGTT's case maybe that's a good thing) and you're giving away the main event of tonight's house show on TV for free.

The booking for this fed is at an all-time low and it's baffling what they decide to book for TV shows now.
Nigel while champ wasn't featured on the first HDNet episode at all and they did house show main events all the time. All-time low, my ass. TV taping results aren't the same as regular shows - these actually require context to fully understand. WGTT could be in backstage segments, or Cornette could've suspended them for the ether incident...
Last Real Man Hype
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

So in the next MONTH of TV time to hype one of their biggest iPPVs of the year, their tag champions can't even appear in an angle during the show? Every time they've done a major angle, it's always been in ring. I'm thinking if they weren't even involved in the ANX challenge, or did an in-ring suspension angle, they probably weren't even at the show to begin with. I'm sorry, TV is their primary exposure to the fans, if you're not even going to have them APPEAR live, why are they your tag champions?

Additionally, this taping was extremely squash heavy, something fans hated about the HDNet show and something ROH said the SBG show wouldn't be. The third taping in particular has two squashes, then a DQ main event that in the stipulations of the TV title won't go more than 15 minutes. I can't imagine in the context of how it airs being much better than that.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Why don't we just wait for the shows to air, and complain then?
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Think about it. How many REAL squashes have there been since the SBG show started? You get ROH wrestlers vs local talent and non-regulars where the outcome is certain, but how many of those matches were completely one-sided or lasted under 4 minutes?
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Am i the only one that love have Homicide back?
Tree

Post by Tree »

DanielBryanson wrote:Why don't we just wait for the shows to air, and complain then?
why would we want to do that? people bitch before a show even happens. they bitch when they read results. they bitch about anything.

the internet was invented for crybabies to get their opinions heard. it's been that way two decades.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steen´s contusion was aparently after he took a sick bump on the ring apron when doing a springboard senton to the outside.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

that was a helluva bump steen took on the table but from the way davey sold it I thought he was the one injured