ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Shanahan

Re: ROH TV

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm
Montana wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 am Well... instead of getting this weeks episode; i was treated to the one from a few weeks ago. Ironically they had the right matches on the Info; they just aired the wrong episode. Thanks again Bally Sports. At least I got the whole episode this week i guess.
Didn't miss much there was only two long matches and the show ended with video package of Vincent talking about the world title
Whats not to like about 2 good matches on 1 hour of tv? What did you want to see?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:25 pm
Montana wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 am Well... instead of getting this weeks episode; i was treated to the one from a few weeks ago. Ironically they had the right matches on the Info; they just aired the wrong episode. Thanks again Bally Sports. At least I got the whole episode this week i guess.
Didn't miss much there was only two long matches and the show ended with video package of Vincent talking about the world title
Whats not to like about 2 good matches on 1 hour of tv? What did you want to see?
maybe something to do with the women because nothing was mentioned this week or maybe a promo to break up the two matches
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:42 pm

maybe something to do with the women because nothing was mentioned this week or maybe a promo to break up the two matches
Quinn mentioned the women in the beginning and said the next 3 way is coming soon or am'i mixing that up with WBW??. We got promo to end show instead of in the middle but i do agree few more promos would be better
Montana

Post by Montana »

They did have the wrestlers do a quick promo before their match too, at least the 4 on 4.

Caught it on the website. Pretty solid episode. Liked both matches. I wonder how long LFI will hold the belts; and wonder if in retrospect; now would have been the best time that they drop it. Although as discussed; there have been a lot of quick tag team title changes.

Looking forward to next weeks matches; but interesting with the roster size and 1 hour of TV; The Foundation , all 4 will be on this past week, and next week. I assume from there it will be a while before they are back on.

Looks like they are building towards Shane Taylor and Kenny King at Final Battle.

I also wouldn't mind see more Jay Lethal and Eli Isom; give me a best of 5 or 7 please!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I’ve brought this up before, and is only my opinion, but not everyone wants to see 15-20 minute matches, just to have 15-20 minute matches. If there’s really no stakes, what’s the point?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:17 am

I’ve brought this up before, and is only my opinion, but not everyone wants to see 15-20 minute matches, just to have 15-20 minute matches. If there’s really no stakes, what’s the point?
I understand your point but 1 match was tag title match so it had stakes. I would rather the 17 min 8 man than 2 8 min singles matches. I thought the 8 man was very good and let guys like Rust & Isom getting some good run.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Another good episode with 2 new storylines that feel very important going forward.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 pm Another good episode with 2 new storylines that feel very important going forward.
What happened i can't watch because the ransomware Sinclair got hit by screwed up the Sinclair local channels
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:10 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 pm Another good episode with 2 new storylines that feel very important going forward.
What happened i can't watch because the ransomware Sinclair got hit by screwed up the Sinclair local channels
Vincent opened show in locker room asking everyone how he looked and how he hopes “he will like it”. Homicide helped Deppen beat Rhett. No Foundation guys came out to help him. After commercial break Zane tried to get Rhett post fight thoughts and he was just screaming about where are foundation guys were when he needed them. Then during tag match Lethal came out to corner Gresham/Williams & Rhett was no where to be found. During Lethal/Homicide match Deppen came out to help but Dutch attacked Deppen before he could which helped Lethal get the win. Rest of Righteous came out and clapped for Lethal who was confused.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Sounds interesting
Montana

Post by Montana »

I just got to watch it this week on the ROH site as well. They aired something else on Bally sports. Not sure if that was part of the hacking thing.

I was intrigued by the Vincent; and about as confused as Jay Lethal. This the start of a Lethal vs. Righteous feud? Guess time will tell.

Overall thought it was a really good episode. Good matches; and promos; with a mix of some story lines.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i loved this episode and i think that was Rhetts best singles match. Him and Deppen were great.

Dickinson is the man!! I want to see him vs Josh Woods sooner than later.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:59 am i loved this episode and i think that was Rhetts best singles match. Him and Deppen were great.

Dickinson is the man!! I want to see him vs Josh Woods sooner than later.
I hope Woods/Dickinson is on a Honorclub show so it can get 20-25 mins. I fear if it's on a ppv they'll have time constraints and it would only go 10-13 mins.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

On the positive side, tonight's ep was very solid in the ring. Dalton's best match in ages, Kay and Adora are good additions to the women's division, and I enjoyed Walters and the finish to his match.

On the other hand, the results: Dalton ending Dragon Lee's reign and Mandy possibly getting the title. ugh.

Feels like a microcosm of ROH - talented roster badly misused.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Hated the end of this show…. And how this angle is wrapping up. It what it is, but such a bad send off, after years and years of dedication.
Wavelet Transform

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:33 am Hated the end of this show…. And how this angle is wrapping up. It what it is, but such a bad send off, after years and years of dedication.
What exactly was the end of this show? Is this Lethal's last ROH match?

Thought EC3's pre-match promo was the most coherent, and as a result, best thing he's done in ROH. Wasn't as high on his abstract theater performance in the ring though.

Really liked the women's match. Rok-C is super-talented and she and Gia played their roles perfectly. Topped off by, even for their high standards, exceptional commentary from Ian, Caprice, and Quinn. The conversation on the merits of talking shit to make opportunities happen was awesome.
Wavelet Transform

Also, this Lethal angle is making the Foundation look dumb and childish. A (probably fake) video of someone saying they don't like you makes these badass wrestlers act like junior high kids? I get that this had to be put together quickly, but come on.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I don't know why we even need this angle. EC3 could have just won this match clean and sent Lethal packing.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wavelet Transform wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:15 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:33 am Hated the end of this show…. And how this angle is wrapping up. It what it is, but such a bad send off, after years and years of dedication.
What exactly was the end of this show? Is this Lethal's last ROH match?

Thought EC3's pre-match promo was the most coherent, and as a result, best thing he's done in ROH. Wasn't as high on his abstract theater performance in the ring though.

Really liked the women's match. Rok-C is super-talented and she and Gia played their roles perfectly. Topped off by, even for their high standards, exceptional commentary from Ian, Caprice, and Quinn. The conversation on the merits of talking shit to make opportunities happen was awesome.
I believe it was Lethal’s last match. Basically towards the end of the match, they show on the tv screen/ titan tron that clip of Jay lethal saying “he doesn’t even like the foundation” on repeat. Then while Lethal distracted, EC3 picks up the win.

Agree with Lynx and Wavelet. Looks childish, and not needed. I assume their original plan, pre-hiatus would have played out much better… with like a slower build.

I did think the EC3 promo was the best we’ve seen him in ROH yet too.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well.... they announced another 6 man tag for Final Battle...

It's Brody King, Homicide, Tony Deppen vs. Tracy Williams, Tyler Rust, and Eli Isom (Little underwhelming , but should be good)

Thank God Mandy Leon didn't win; so it's Rok-C vs. WIllow at FB.